• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN116: The Strongest Lizardon Battle! Dande VS Alan!! (FAKE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is that being rude? The only thing I see that people are complaining again and again and again and again. If you don't like something then don't watch it. That is pretty simple. Why posting these complains in every topic like in every post????
"Don't like it, don't watch it" is NEVER a good argument against criticism in ANY situation.

I understand those who are frustrated with no Ash vs Alain because I am too. But if Ash beats Alain with any other Pokémon but Ash-Greninja (and it has to be using the Ash-Greninja forme just like their final fight actually was), then I will not accept Ash’s win against Alain. Since Ash is probably not going to use reserves and Greninja probably isn’t going to come back let alone Ash-Greninja showing up again, that is why Leon vs Alain isn’t the worst outcome. However, this battle could’ve happened in the second round with Alain defeating Steven first and then loosing to Leon. JN managed to piss off both the Alain lovers and those who wanted to see a rematch at the same time.

Wait a minute... Why is Ash battling Steven? The first time we heard about Steven being in M8, I don't know if Ash even showed interest in battling him, and if he did... Why? He barely knows him. Before Journeys, if I recall correctly, they only met twice and, while Ash recognized he was a strong Trainer, I don't think he showed interest in battling him.

Last edited:
Another loss could've been the straw that broke the Camerupt's back, leading to the anime's reputation imploding.
At least from what I saw the Kalos league imploded the show's rep all on it's own. It still hasn't recovered; I see people on twitter predicting Ash would lose round 1 of the Master Eight. There's nowhere near as much excitement online for this as there was for Kalos, and Alain's win is probably to blame.

At least from what I saw the Kalos league imploded the show's rep all on it's own. It still hasn't recovered; I see people on twitter predicting Ash would lose round 1 of the Master Eight. There's nowhere near as much excitement online for this as there was for Kalos, and Alain's win is probably to blame.
I also saw the predictions that Ash would lose round 1 of the Master Eight, personally I think people are apparently based on past series to suggest that result.

Huh so even though I nailed Leon vs. Alain, I was completely off about Lance being Ash's first opponent. Steven is actually my second favorite Champion (only after Blue/Gary motherf*cking Oak) and easily my favorite in just the Masters 8 but I do agree with those that say he doesn't have much connection to Ash. My guess is that the writers specifically want Ash to beat the top 3 trainers in the tournament

I was actually thinking to myself when I walked back home from the gym this morning: I have a theory on why Alain is gonna battle Leon on the first round.

You see, Leon has a huge problem as a character: fandom perception. He's glorified up and down, day and night, in basically every canon, about how "strong" he is and how he's "The Best Trainer in The World". But the ultimate thing is because the fandom doesn't sees him like that. And I pin the reasons down to 2 points:

1) He's not that strong nor challenging in the games. At all. Imo, I personally don't see him as weak, per say, but he's not all that, especially when there are way bigger threats throughout all the games;
2) He's way too overhyped by the TPCi. He's sold all the time as the "Best Trainer that has ever lived" in basically all canons. It's like TPCi spends hours and hours screaming and shoving in your face about how "awesome" he is and this ultimately builds both too much hype and annoyance;

This essentially culminates in a character most of the fanom considers obnoxious and that is shilled to death by TPC, essentially being a guy who "talks a check he can't pay". Hence, a large part of the fandom has large amounts of disdain towards him as character.

But Alain, even with all his problems (that I'm not gonna list to save time), had one advantage over Leon: no one needed to scream to us about how powerful he is. I personally see it as the past time when the "Tell don't show" plague hadn't consumed the franchise, but I digress. I mean, it's actually hilarious when you stop to think that one of the biggest criticisms over Alain is that he's too overpowered while Leon is a guy who's to underpowered for the shit he (and everyone else) swears up and down he is.

So this comes down to my conclusion: they're having them fight to really hammer in just how ''powerful'' and ''dangerous'' Leon ''''''actually is'''''' by having him defeat a character we all see as too powerful. The ultimate problem is that this is gonna blow right on their faces.

On the one hand, it’s nice to see that this is fake. On the other hand, given that the previous episode’s summary mentioned Alain vs Leon, are they seriously going to have Alain job to Leon in a rushed battle?

On the one hand, it’s nice to see that this is fake. On the other hand, given that the previous episode’s summary mentioned Alain vs Leon, are they seriously going to have Alain job to Leon in a rushed battle?
To be fair, Alain jobbing to an overpowered Charizard does have a form of enjoyable poetic justice to it!

Whoof, it might actually be WORSE for Alain since the poor dude is gonna go bye bye the minute he debuts.

To be fair, Alain jobbing to an overpowered Charizard does have a form of enjoyable poetic justice to it!
Maybe but it still comes across as a massive trolling on the part of the writers and a middle finger to the fans. With them bringing back Alain, we wanted 1 thing, 1 thing and they couldn’t even throw us that bone. Instead, we get Ash vs Steven, a matchup that that’s completely out of left field since, he has no real rivalry dynamic with Ash in any series to make this a battle to look forward to. It’s just further cements Journeys as Missed Opportunities: the series.

Maybe but it still comes across as a massive trolling on the part of the writers and a middle finger to the fans. With them bringing back Alain, we wanted 1 thing, 1 thing and they couldn’t even throw us that bone. Instead, we get Ash vs Steven, a matchup that that’s completely out of left field since, he has no real rivalry dynamic with Ash in any series to make this a battle to look forward to. It’s just further cements Journeys as Missed Opportunities: the series.
always Journeys doing the same as always!:lapras:

Well crap...

Just please tell me they aren't going to try to cram 4 battles into 1 episode...

Well crap...

Just please tell me they aren't going to try to cram 4 battles into 1 episode...
No? Where do you come up with this stuff? Lance/Diantha has its own ep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom