• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN117: VS Shirona! Iris's Road to Dragon Master!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManUtd22

Reaction score
It will be awful to see her here so how if she challenge or attacked Cynthia's pokemon.

She was the same and really I am waiting for Shinneth, Hellion, Masurao and who reflected y opinion in this thread Do you think the writers are doing enough with Iris? to answer you guys.

But the only thing that I am wondering about is can axew no I meant hakkrous the finally evolution anyway can it learn special rend or roar otlf time or both of these two attacks?
Because as we knew then axew learnt two attacks called outrage and giga impact?

Last edited:

Queen Cynthia

Angelic Champion
Reaction score
Speaking of the manga, I think the conflict between Cyrus and Cynthia could possibly be symbolic since Cyrus' ancestor is implied to to be Yamato/Wajin (Cyllene's Japanese name is Shimaboshi) while Cynthia's grandmother is Ainu-coded (because of her house in Platinum).
Can you explain that a little bit further, please? As you can easily image I want to collect any information on the Queen, the wonderful Cynthia that I can get. But that background you mentioned is not quite familiar to me since I don't speak Japanese, so it's not so easy to get the connection.

Anyways, it kind of hurts me if people want Cynthia to lose against Iris.... On the other hand, rooting for the underdog is a very common behavior, so I can at least understand why people think that way. Still, I absolutely don't want it to happen! (and it won't ...otherwise...)
I'm convinced Cynthia will defeat Iris, but unfortunately, I don't think Cynthia will curbstomp Iris, either. Simply because our Queen is way too kind-hearted and supportive (another proof of her greatness!). I think this episode will be all about Cynthia secretly trying to mentor Iris and in the end Cynthia will acknowledge Iris' progress.
Nevertheless, I absolutely hope the episode will not just be an Iris-centered epiode as that admittedly very confusing title implies. After all, it's Cynthia, the one and only, who should dominate and shine in the end. :notworthy:

ManUtd22

Reaction score
Can you explain that a little bit further, please? As you can easily image I want to collect any information on the Queen, the wonderful Cynthia that I can get. But that background you mentioned is not quite familiar to me since I don't speak Japanese, so it's not so easy to get the connection.

Anyways, it kind of hurts me if people want Cynthia to lose against Iris.... On the other hand, rooting for the underdog is a very common behavior, so I can at least understand why people think that way. Still, I absolutely don't want it to happen! (and it won't ...otherwise...)
I'm convinced Cynthia will defeat Iris, but unfortunately, I don't think Cynthia will curbstomp Iris, either. Simply because our Queen is way too kind-hearted and supportive (another proof of her greatness!). I think this episode will be all about Cynthia secretly trying to mentor Iris and in the end Cynthia will acknowledge Iris' progress.
Nevertheless, I absolutely hope the episode will not just be an Iris-centered epiode as that admittedly very confusing title implies. After all, it's Cynthia, the one and only, who should dominate and shine in the end. :notworthy:

The problem is iris doesn't shine. They find a way to give a match to such as as axew learn outrage out of nowhere.

Axew baby learn the attack that need the final evolution in highest level imagine. It learn giga impact which are more difficult than learning hydro pump solar beam fire blast and so one.

Learn it and perfect it in first time so frustrating for sure. So this time, iris will win because the super unnatural dragon and axew fibal evolution will learn both special rend, and roar of time or one of these two attacks.

Wmolga won out of nowhere, drillbur won 99 matches when she still never reached ten tears old. The probl is that she is saying to 3 people shun nick and the third one in Ash catching krokorok episode that how they are playing matching when they are to young it doesn't make any send when she the most kid one won 99 wins before every person beating the trainers just by playing with pokemon. She beat a pokemon when she was kid hahaha cN you imagine?

So winning to Cynthia will be so frustrating miss Cynthia fans. I want 3-0 3-0 3-0

Sai

Reaction score
Reading some of the above posts is giving me flashbacks to 2011. It seems some people can't move on.

FluffleFi

Zzzzappin'!
Reaction score
Its nice that Cynthia has so many fans and its cool that the first female Champion in the series is often regarded as one of the toughest, but some of you people are really going overboard. You're treating her like she's a literal goddess who should absolutely curbstomp everyone she faces in battle. Do I think Iris'll lose? Most likely since she and Ash have already battled, so more than likely the show writers want Ash to face Cynthia instead. But I severely doubt Iris'll be taken out that easily. When it comes to the narrative it just wouldn't make sense; Alain was most likely brought back to hype up Leon even more, but Cynthia doesn't need that kind of treatment, people already know how tough she is. I think Iris'll put on a damn good show, maybe even ending the battle with Haxrous vs Garchomp. Wasn't there a trailer that shows Cynthia Mega-Evolving said Garchomp? I doubt she'd go that far against opponents who don't deserve it, that'd just be overkill.

Reaction score
Reading some of the above posts is giving me flashbacks to 2011. It seems some people can't move on.
It’s been 11 whole years…it’s time for fans to let this grudge against Best Wishes go.

Last edited:

SamurottMan

Reaction score
Some of these posts smh

There's two events:
1. Cynthia wins
2. Iris proves herself as a worthy challenger and dragon master

And guess what, both can happen in the same battle! Iris's goal as a dragon master is more about her skills as a dragon trainer and much less about beating other people's dragons. So her losing to MGarchomp is not a big deal as long as Haxorus gives one hell of a fight.

Imtnt

Reaction score
Iris shows up in m8 and I feel the same as some of you - bothering me mainly because the waste of showing us trainers that could be presenting the 7th rank and make it interesting. As challengers we know they could get into the Semis against Leon/Ash. Or at least their rank will be convicable. Maybe a trainer that we would like to see his progress, a rival maybe?

But, for me all of this thread is about ppl that can't stand the fact Iris is getting screentime. It is painful for somewhat reason other than the above. Is it because you are living the former seasons with Iris? Is it because her character? I would like to understand the point of view.

Sai

Reaction score
Thank God they didn't go with Alder, he would be boring as hell here and instead we get to see a former main character.

Chilon

Pls watch my thread: OUR new region!!!
Reaction score
Pronouns
Him
Alder? Yes ok. He has boring unova Pokemon nothing more but its bad that we dont see him in a episode in there we have seen his past and how he lost to Iris. And what Pokemon he has. I am not very sad that we see Iris but its very sus that we dont see Tobias with his two Legandaries.

Chilon

Pls watch my thread: OUR new region!!!
Reaction score
Pronouns
Him
From my point he is stronger then Iris:bulbaarchives:

ManUtd22

Reaction score
So you guys want as to forget what happened in BW or ignore it all with just saying that she really improve so much.

If you are like this then we aren't like this. Do you know what mister/miss iris the worst character fans?
Look to my opinion in this quote OK then I will explain why i wrote it

She was the same and really I am waiting for Shinneth, Hellion, Masurao and who reflected y opinion in this thread Do you think the writers are doing enough with Iris? to answer you guys.

I wrote this because I wasn't here in that thread times or you will see my opinion really for sure. And because I wasn't saw a lot of episode until maybe 2012 and because my account wasn't Been designed so I didn't express my feeling but really a lot of people there reflected my opinion very well such as Shinneth, Hellion, Masurao and who reflected y opinion in this thread Do you think the writers are doing enough with Iris? to answer you guys.

I want to write Hidden Mew names with the list also but I am sure that she will not answer me or post with my post and quote my answer so I didn't write her name. I knew that she doesn't like me and like ignore my posts even if she like it such as answering my thread without answering my post in my thread so I ignored her name. Hope she comes this time and express our feeling. But I am sure that she will answer her friends post only

ManUtd22

Reaction score
Outrage and giga impact were so easily to be learnt by baby axew. Hahaha? It is so funny hahaha, no it is so frustrating mister

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Outrage and giga impact were so easily to be learnt by baby axew. Hahaha? It is so funny hahaha, no it is so frustrating mister
That was BW trying to make Axew look strong while keeping it marketable. Now that Iris is no longer in the spotlight, that no longer applies, so Axew has been allowed to evolve into Haxorus and learn strong moves to believably make it strong.

ManUtd22

Reaction score
But what we got from BW is what we should talk about even if it is not in the same season, this is my opinion. If you didn't agree then shouganai desu.

I will let Shinneth, Hellion, Masurao and who reflected y opinion in this thread Do you think the writers are doing enough with Iris? to answer you and reflect my opinion.

I want to write Hidden Mew names with the list also but I am sure that she will not answer me or post with my post and quote my answer so I didn't write her name. I knew that she doesn't like me and like ignore my posts even if she like it such as answering my thread without answering my post in my thread so I ignored her name. Hope she comes this time and express our feeling. But I am sure that she will answer her friends post only

Sai

Reaction score
Judging Iris on early/mid BW is like judging Misty only on the Kanto saga, or Dawn only in early DP when she could barely win Contests, or May in early Hoenn when she was a rookie and didn't know how to battle.

It's almost as if people can't understand characters can grow and change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom