• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN117: VS Shirona! Iris's Road to Dragon Master!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManUtd22

Reaction score
It's not fair to judge Iris solely based on BW. She's achieved much more since then.

No it is fair, from her story in BW then I thought that we will find a way to let her be the champion even if she doesn't deserve one single match.

Judging Iris on early/mid BW is like judging Misty only on the Kanto saga, or Dawn only in early DP when she could barely win Contests, or May in early Hoenn when she was a rookie and didn't know how to battle.

It's almost as if people can't understand characters can grow and change.
No, it is not like that. Misty was better than Iris so much in Kanto saga, she didn't trained so much but she never had the favour that we so with the worse Iris. If she deserve the champion then cilan should be abo e and above.

May' the same she had a well story so it will be believable for her to change in another season because we knew that she tried her best to improve.

Dawn had the best story so they must show that she trains offscreen but they didn't. They didn't give het a new pokemon at least.

However, Iris she was the worse, the first 26 or so so on episode, she was extremely weak and doesn't know anything then buff magic she had the power to be the dragon master. She is the lid but no one tell her that but Ash without any reason been the kid. Axew learnt dragon rage without reason then puff unnatural attack that cannot learn by any pokemon only the final evolutions or second evolution but they must be high level. These two attack even much harder to learn than hyperbeam but no axew can do them even if its baby but because it has unnatural power then it can do them then give it hyperbeam, special rend and roar of time

Yes as you said, It's almost as if people can't understand characters can grow and change. But however in anime case then it is impossible because no one will think it is believable but because you are her fans then you said this

Chilon

Sorry Skarmory!!!:(
Reaction score
Pronouns
Him
So, naming Iris over a show that was quite a long time ago (I don't know how long, but a long time) isn't fair at all. Sooo many things happened that we didn't see but still prove how strong Iris was. Right, we don't know how strong Alder was but he was still the champ. And that in a region where probably not the weakest trainers lived.

ManUtd22

Reaction score
So, naming Iris over a show that was quite a long time ago (I don't know how long, but a long time) isn't fair at all. Sooo many things happened that we didn't see but still prove how strong Iris was. Right, we don't know how strong Alder was but he was still the champ. And that in a region where probably not the weakest trainers lived.

So many things happened but never happened by this way only to iris the worse character so for us it is not fair at all.

Emelie

Bookworm
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
Can you explain that a little bit further, please?
PokeSuutamie explains the Galaxy Team’s Japanese names:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE8rRTd7tlw&t=309s

Theories about Celestic Town being Ainu-coded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-topiB5cP8&list=WL&index=43

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efJkANkRNHo&t=1502s

Theory about Enamorus’ lips being based on Ainu women’s mouth tattoos (Note that Enamorus is associated with Cogita who is presumably Cynthia’s ancestor):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=500VicX0DGk

Another theory about the back strike technique being based on Ainu hunting (Note that Volo who is presumably also Cynthia’s ancestor is the one who teaches the protagonist this):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIIdI_jgmUk

Interesting analysis of Iris’ character:

https://themattress.tumblr.com/post/187985678244

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/ijncl0/why_iris_and_her_story_is_my_favorite/

ManUtd22

Reaction score
Don't forget that how she played against 99 person when she was kid and beat them but in the same time tells to 3 kids who are friends in krokorok episode that it is doesn't make sense for kids to have a battle how?

CharizardFan7

Though I'm also a Blaziken fan
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Don't forget that how she played against 99 person when she was kid and beat them but in the same time tells to 3 kids who are friends in krokorok episode that it is doesn't make sense for kids to have a battle how?
The anime and the games have kind of ignored the whole, "you must be 10 years old to qualify as a Pokemon Trainer" thing in recent years, so it's no longer a hard and fast rule. Case in point: literal Preschoolers using Pokemon in Black and White, and those kids didn't look any older than, I don't know, 6, maybe?

Last edited:

ManUtd22

Reaction score
The anime and the games have kind of ignored the whole, "you must be 10 years old to qualify as a Pokemon Trainer" thing in recent years, so it's no longer a hard and fast rule. Case in point: literal Preschoolers using Pokemon in Black and White, and those kids didn't look any older than, I don't know, 6 maybe?

As I said, pokemon had a rules that they can't break however they break it only for iris.

This is my opinion

CharizardFan7

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
As I said, pokemon had a rules that they can't break however they break it only for iris.

This is my opinion
Umm........I don't think that's true, though? Look, I'm not the biggest Iris fan myself, I especially wasn't a fan of hers back in the BW days. That girl got on my (and apparently everyone elses too,) nerves. There's a reason she was one of the most maligned traveling companions for a long while. I (and quite a few others I think,) were not sad to see her go at the end of the BW series. I still remember the surprise I felt when Serena was introduced the following series and her personality was just.......the exact opposite of Iris's in almost every conceivable way. It was like a breath of fresh air. Still, despite Journeys having its own fair share of problems, Iris has actually improved in Journeys, both as a character and a battler. So, even though I'm still not her biggest fan, I'd still say its only fair to give the girl a chance now, for she's a better character than she was.

Last edited:

Eitarou

I'm Soi confused
Reaction score
The anime and the games have kind of ignored the whole, "you must be 10 years old to qualify as a Pokemon Trainer" thing in recent years, so it's no longer a hard and fast rule. Case in point: literal Preschoolers using Pokemon in Black and White, and those kids didn't look any older than, I don't know, 6, maybe?
That rule never existed in the games to begin with. We've had clearly younger than 10 Trainers since like Gen II.

Daren

Surprisingly well rehearsed
Reaction score
I suspect the show has selectively ignored it since close to day one; Mikey in The Battling Eevee Brothers had one and he's rather significantly shorter than Ash so probably at least a few years younger.
I imagine there's some specific set of rules regarding the whole thing, and it might just be as simple as "very few people really care but Norman is enough of a stickler that Max was stuck".

CharizardFan7

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
That rule never existed in the games to begin with. We've had clearly younger than 10 Trainers since like Gen II.
Yeah, it's just the Preschoolers from BW always stuck out in my mind when it comes to that whole "must be 10 years old to be a Pokemon Trainer" thing. Hell, some of those kids couldn't even speak in complete sentences yet if I'm remembering correctly.

ManUtd22

Reaction score
Yeah, it's just the Preschoolers from BW always stuck out in my mind when it comes to that whole "must be 10 years old to be a Pokemon Trainer" thing. Hell, some of those kids couldn't even speak in complete sentences yet if I'm remembering correctly.

That's right how kid who can't make one sentence right challenge. But I didn't got the it's just the Preschoolers from BW always stuck out in my mind

CharizardFan7

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
That's right how kid who can't make one sentence right challenge. But I didn't got the it's just the Preschoolers from BW always stuck out in my mind
I simply meant when people mention kids being too young to train Pokemon, those tykes always come to mind for me. In other words, it's an enduring memory.

ManUtd22

Reaction score
I can respect your opinion on wanting Cynthia to win, but don't you think you're taking your dislike of Iris way too far now?

I am such as who wrote their opinion in this thread Do you think the writers are doing enough with Iris? who really reflected my a German in that thread. Hope if I am one of who write his opinion their

I simply meant when people mention kids being too young to train Pokemon, those tykes always come to mind for me. In other words, it's an enduring memory.

OK

Queen Cynthia

Angelic Champion
Reaction score
We haven't gotten any news on this episode, have we?

The more I'm thinking about this episode title, the more I'm getting worried this could be a one-sided Iris-focused episode... We've already had plenty of those episodes where underdogs are getting supported and, of course, we've already got countless Iris-episodes in BW, which was more than enough if you ask me. So why can't we finally have an epic episode that focuses on the glory and power of the great Cynthia, number two in the world?
I'm afraid the writers will keep playing their "Support Iris" game and Cynthia can't help fostering her too because our Queen is just way too kind and supportive when she encounters a promising trainer. That's such a wonderful character trait of Cynthia (among many others) but nevertheless, I absolutely hope that in the end Iris will get destroyed by Cynthia! (Please writers, don't be too respectful towards Iris...)

Last edited:

ManUtd22

Reaction score
We haven't gotten any news on this episode, have we?

The more I'm thinking about this episode title, the more I'm getting worried this could be a one-sided Iris-focused episode... We've already had plenty of those episodes where underdogs are getting supported and, of course, we've already got countless Iris-episodes in BW, which was more than enough if you ask me. So why can't we finally have an epic episode that focuses on the glory and power of the great Cynthia, number two in the world?
I'm afraid the writers will keep playing their "Support Iris" game and Cynthia can't help fostering her too because our Queen is just way too kind and supportive when she encounters a promising trainer. That's such a wonderful character trait of Cynthia (among many others) but nevertheless, I absolutely hope that in the end Iris will get destroyed by Cynthia! (Please writers, don't be too respectful towards Iris...)

This is the thing that I am afraid episode qnd from thile title then I thought so. Cynthia in reality is another Ash in catching the pokemon. She never cares about dragons and never ever ever been a Dragon master or trainer. She only had garchamp then the fighting dragon final evolution from alola region. So why they have to enforce us to say she is a Dragon master or dragon tamer. Anyway, destroy is the only I want 6-0 but because the matching is 3-3 then 3-0 will be less if it is not destroy.

Cynthia the second won should destroy Iris because my opinion is such as your opinion up "We haven't gotten any news on this episode, have we?

I'm afraid the writers will keep playing their "Support Iris" game and Cynthia can't help fostering her too because our Queen is just way too kind and supportive when she encounters a promising trainer. That's such a wonderful character trait of Cynthia (among many others) but nevertheless, I absolutely hope that in the end Iris will get destroyed by Cynthia! (Please writers, don't be too respectful towards Iris"

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
This is the thing that I am afraid episode qnd from thile title then I thought so. Cynthia in reality is another Ash in catching the pokemon. She never cares about dragons and never ever ever been a Dragon master or trainer. She only had garchamp then the fighting dragon final evolution from alola region. So why they have to enforce us to say she is a Dragon master or dragon tamer. Anyway, destroy is the only I want 6-0 but because the matching is 3-3 then 3-0 will be less if it is not destroy.
Cynthia is not being promoted as a Dragon Trainer. It was just an initial mistranslation of the title that gave us that image.
Cynthia the second won should destroy Iris because my opinion is such as your opinion up "We haven't gotten any news on this episode, have we?
I think the lack of news is just a result of the episode still being far away enough for there not to be any yet.
I'm afraid the writers will keep playing their "Support Iris" game and Cynthia can't help fostering her too because our Queen is just way too kind and supportive when she encounters a promising trainer. That's such a wonderful character trait of Cynthia (among many others) but nevertheless, I absolutely hope that in the end Iris will get destroyed by Cynthia! (Please writers, don't be too respectful towards Iris"
Cynthia has had plenty of focus episodes too. And she's not unbeatable, just strong. Iris is most likely losing to her, yes, but I doubt it'll be a steamroll. Cynthia using Mega Evolution shows to me that she's taking this battle seriously and sees Iris as an equal opponent.

Please Do Not Wish Harm For Anime Characters

Alola

UltraMysteryDungeon, when?
Reaction score
Alola, everyone.

Just a reminder that while respectfully expressing dislike for a character is allowed, wishing for their death or anything similar is not and will not be tolerated in the forums, let alone our section. While certain, recent comments have been reported on and said users have been addressed on our side, please continue to report posts that you see are against the rules of the forums. And please be mindful of the posts that you are making, as well. Remember to be polite & respectful, especially as we near these upcoming battles. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.