• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN117: VS Shirona! Iris's Road to Dragon Master!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Cynthia is using a bulky water core to wear out Iris’s team

Why Georgia? Drayden is nice: When Iris uses a new move can he explain, same for Alder. Cilan is one of my favourite Characters and he can bring all out of the fight when she uses his...

Georgia was a rival for Iris, so its possible. The Dragon Village Elder would be a potential one, as well as Drayden. Of all characters though, I'm putting my money on Cilan. Iris and Ash are close friends of his, so I can imagine he's overjoyed to see them fighting in this tournament.

Based on the preview, Team Rocket is thinking "Why does the Dragon-type girl seem familiar?" I hope they realize "Wait, that's one of the twerps from Unova!" I would love to see their reactions.

Cynthia is putting on lipstick :LOL::LOL:
I find it kind of sweet the writers decided to give her some quirk despite her high reputation. So I guess Cynthia replaced her "addiction" to icecream with lipstick. Sweet!
Of course, you would expect the "dignified Queen of Sinnoh" (as Cynthia was called in this week's episode :love:) to have class!

It's more then nice when every Master Eight Member a game strategie brings. Basicly I'am a game in the anime hater but when they balance it with much Pokebillitis like in the fight V.S VALERIE and Sylveon. Diantha's Strategie is OK but imagne.... Steven brings with his third unknown Pokemon a Toxic/Protect Strat. That is a bornigo Champ and if it's happening...Awwww...

Sorry, I'm not sure how my words could be interpreted that way, let alone that I was being rude. Maybe I should have been more clear, but the "rude" comment didn't feel warranted, seeing how I wasn't insulting anyone or anything.
Ok, now I see what you wanted to say.
I didn't really mean to use the word rude either because I was sure it probably wasn't your intention to actually be rude. And that's why I put it in double quotes to indicate it's kind of ironic.
I'd say it was a classical misunderstanding between us two. Let's forget about it :)
Look, I get it, it sucks to see your favorite character not get all the sweet stuff that the mains get. But that's just how it is for anyone who isn't a main character, and Cynthia is more of a supporting character than a main one. That's why she doesn't get MC privileges. Even so, Cynthia still gets significantly better treatment than many, many, many other supporting characters do, so I do have to admit that I find it surprising that you seem to be under the impression that she's being disrespected.
Yeah there is some truth in it! You see, I'm quite a passionate (and sometimes hot-headed) person and when I'm into something, then it's all or nothing for me.
Also, I know the show is mainly about Ash, but I can't help it: Cynthia is and always will be my absolutely favorite character, so (and here comes my passion again ... :LOL:) I always fight for her at all cost.
Cynthia is already ranked second in the world, which is the highest she's going to get.
Admittedly, that's what I keep saying to myself, too. No other trainer can have a higher rank than Cynthia has (except for Leon but I think he doesn't count, because we've already been discussing his special role as the adult version of Ash and so on). So, regarding Cynthia everything has come true that a fan can wish for. Plus, she has been officially "crowned" the "dignified Queen of Sinnoh" today. (I can't repeat it often enough, because to me that was one of the greatest moments in the show.)

I think it's Acid Armor.
I actually thought it might be Curse, personally. (Though to be fair I hadn't thought of Acid Armor; I guess in theory it could be very well be either move. Good thinking. :))
I just hope the battle is better. I mean, Diantha vs. Lance was far too much like a game battle than an anime battle.
It really was, one of my major problems with Journeys as a whole; waaaaay too much stuff incorporated too directly from the games without many of the creative liberties the Pokemon anime is so famous for.

Edit: Like in this battle, for instance. I think the only Pokemon who actually even dodged an attack was Diantha's Gardevoir, who jumped out of the way of Lance's Dragonite's Hyper Beam at the very end. Besides that, the Pokemon barely even moved at all.

Last edited:
I just hope the battle is better. I mean, Diantha vs. Lance was far too much like a game battle than an anime battle.
I'm sure it will - the Dragon Pulse and Draco Meteor clash, with the former splitting up into streams to intercept the latter, is incredibly anime-like already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom