• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN118: Satoshi Goes into Battle! VS Daigo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dropping an idea here; Volkner predicted earlier that Ash might shake things up in the Master-class. For this battle everyone is expecting Ash to lose like the other newer entrants (Iris and Alain) did, surprising the crowd and the other Champions when he manages to turn the battle around and defeat Steven.

Knowing that characters like Ritchie and Sawyer have been watching the World Championships gives me goosebumps. Potentially, most of Ash’s rivals and friends could end up watching his matches with Steven, Cynthia, and Leon. That would be incredible, as it would really show how much of an influence Ash has had on people in general across the anime’s history.

Wallace watching would be obvious since he is Steven's rival. The scene with Delia/Tracey/Oak at the lab is obvious from this ep.

I honestly don't think we'll see May/Max watching, they have no connection to Steven really and would seem weird to them shown here. Actually I don't think we'll see any other old Ash companions watching till Cynthia or Leon's battles

What exactly are you talking about? After all, they've had contact with him before, so why shouldn't they watch this fight?
May has no relation to Steven at all, and Max doesn't either given they barely interacted with him in the one AG ep he appeared for. This isn't like the other regions where the people who live there idolize their champions.

Showing May/Max interested in Steven doesn't fit at all.

I imagine they went with Aggron since it was the first pokemon we ever saw him use back in AG.

Then I guess we can expect Dragonite, Lucario, and Sirfetch'd to be the three used against Cynthia
It's possible the semi-finals will be longer battles so I wouldn't be too sure.

Then I guess we can expect Dragonite, Lucario, and Sirfetch'd to be the three used against Cynthia
If this is the case, I think its one time I'd be okay with a Lucario job since Dragonite has lost the last 2 battles and Sirfetch'd has rarely gotten a clean win. Lucario has had a decent win streak lately. I kinda hope Ash uses Mega Lucario against Mega Garchomp, but Lucario is defeated and it leaves us with Dragonite vs. Mega Garchomp.

As for this episode, I think its likely we'll get Gigantamax Gengar here. Also as far as cameos go, I think we have a big chance to see the XY crew.

True. I would have preferred Claydol or Skarmory then, cuz Armaldo already got its spotlight with Nando (Who might be one of the people making a cameo when Cynthia battles).
By that logic, you could say Claydol got spotlight as Spencer’s ace and Skarmory as that one woman’s ace back in that Johto episode.

All of them have been used in a key battle at some point in the anime, but none of them have appeared in as many battles as the Aggron species has.

Dracovish here is good, would prefer Sirfetch'd realy to take advantage of its moves and type wise.
Would it be the other 3 pokemon against Cynthia though? Dragonite and Lucario will be there for sure because the training Dragonite did aith Paul and the Mega gimick will prob be in the Semis (plus Lucario is kind of Ash ace for JNs.. he will get the screentime).

BUT..Will Ash realy give Pikachu a break vs Cynthia and put Sirfetchd? Not sure for 100% it is the best for the anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom