• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN118: Satoshi Goes into Battle! VS Daigo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think this might end up being a two-parter? :unsure:
Not anymore, because we see all pokemon fighting. If there was Lucario I would say maybe, but its not xyz and they finish matchups realy quick so it is prob gonna be shorter than it used to be, at least for this round. (Frustrating a bit IMO but maybe for the 1st it could be good enough).

JN119 has already been confirmed to be about Eevee and Chloe, so this battle ,like all the others in round 1, unfortunately will not be a two-parter.
The JN119 title we have now could actually be JN120, waiting on a verification. But the evidence does point to this being just one part.

The JN119 title we have now could actually be JN120, waiting on a verification. But the evidence does point to this being just one part.
Yeah, that's kinda what I meant when I said that; I also heard the title for the Chloe episode might actually be JN120. (Is that what the week break from JN118 until JN119 is about, or is that just another break? :unsure:)

Last edited:
When May appears in cameo, only Ash has to tell her the truth about Serena kissing him.

When May appears in cameo, only Ash has to tell her the truth about Serena kissing him.
May is unlikely to even be at Wyndon. And even if she was, her VA issue means she'll likely not have any lines of dialogue.
I was supprised that they give him an Aggron and not an Corviknight...
He was seen using an Aggron in his debut appearance, and he also has one in the games. Makes way more sense for him to have an Aggron over a Corviknight, which he has never owned in any canon.

I was supprised that they give him an Aggron and not an Corviknight...
I know but I find that Corviknight hasn't much screentime and it come's from Galar. And Agron is not very underused.

Why were u surprised though? You mean the screentime almost every single Galar pokemon got? Or Galar region in general? With the 3 dragonites + 2 charizards I wouldn't count they will try to do any better at this stage. Maybe 6 vs 6 in the final will get us some galarian pokemon..

I think gengar will burn both aggron and metagross, helping the others to win. I feel that pikachu will use his Z move against mega metagross. Ash is the alolan champion , so it makes sense to use his Z move in his debut battle to show the power of Alola. I wonder who they will show watching the battle. In the other battles, we saw the regional rivals watching. Maybe we will see Morrison watching here? Morrison and Tyson? Ash didnt have any notable rival in houen. I hope we see all Ash´s travel companions watching his battle. But if they follow the pattern of the other champions, we will only see the Alola friends , and Iris , because she is alread there.

I think gengar will burn both aggron and metagross, helping the others to win. I feel that pikachu will use his Z move against mega metagross. Ash is the alolan champion , so it makes sense to use his Z move in his debut battle to show the power of Alola.

It will be super if Ash could pull this new method.

My thoughts here about Gengar: he is going to be switched out and in inorder to get team effort because Ash struggles here. I said it before, and from the preview it seems likely he will be up against the 3 pokemon. (Yes, Metagross was against Pikachu, but here I will stick to the Gmax vs Mega showdown.)

• likely due to the need of seeing Ash using all gimicks in m8.
  • not sure it will be allowed to use more than one in the final
  • Gengar will not be the one who get to shine in the final.
  • Paul's training made it clear Gengar is a good option againat the ace with pace and tricks - and it shouldn't be thrown away just to let Pikachu win against Metagross.
  • we need Ash to use a Z move in the final.

Do we know for sure Ash is going to win? I've been seeing a lot of rumors that he loses to Steven.
It would seem to contradict their claim Ash would have intense battles, culminating in the "ultimate" battle since losing to a random champion he's barely met is meaningless and would make scenes like everyone in Alola cheering for him pointless.

On the other hand the show has never cared about scenes not being rendered pointless by random defeats before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom