• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN118: Satoshi Goes into Battle! VS Daigo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this case I can picture Pikachu taking down Charizard using a not very effective Iron Tail or Max Steelspike instead of a super effective Electric attack
Actually (and I'll talk more about this later in a battle headcanon thread I plan on writing,) the move I hope Pikachu takes down Charizard with is its best move, the one it took down freakin' Latios and Regice with, in a surprise return: Volt Tackle.
Volt Tackle is long gone. If Pikachu is the last mon standing, the finisher will most likely be a 10M Volt T-bolt, G-Max Volt Crash, or good old Thunderbolt.

I can still hope against all hope though, right......? :cry:
Of course you can. I just don't believe it's all that likely to come back.

Also, this is just a personal opinion, but I don't really miss Volt Tackle. Electroweb is a much more interesting move on Pikachu.

Of course you can. I just don't believe it's all that likely to come back.

Also, this is just a personal opinion, but I don't really miss Volt Tackle. Electroweb is a much more interesting move on Pikachu.
I'll always believe.........#neverforget Volt Tackle :cry:

True, Electroweb has more interesting and creative implications, and isn't a bad move per se, but I'll always miss the raw power of Volt Tackle. Plus, it just looked awesome:
Volt Tackle gif.gif

Last edited:
This would be the time we'd see it return: movesets for guys like Leon are notable for changing up a lot and this would feel like the season where Ash, if the writers wanted to, could work with a more varied moveset. Bulbapedia would just have to figure out how to register that 'Ash rotates Thunderbolt, Iron Tail, Quick Attack, Volt Tackle, Electro Ball, Elector Web, Dig, Mega Punch, Brick Break, Surf, Grass Knot, and Play Rough around every battle'

Personally, I'd rank Pikachu's secondary Electric attacks like this:

Electroweb>Volt Tackle>Electro Ball>Thunder

Electroweb is my personal favorite because it has just been incredibly fun and versatile in battle, allowing for some very creative strategies that the other secondary Electric moves could only dream of. It's been used as a defensive shield, a springboard for Pikachu to launch himself at opponents so he can land hits more easily and powerfully, a tool to restrain opponents or limit their movement, and a good old projectile attack. Seriously, Electroweb is going to be quite the tough act to follow once it's inevitably replaced.

Volt Tackle may be much less versatile than Electroweb, but it was still a cool high-risk, high-reward finishing move. Plus, it's exclusive to the Pikachu line, meaning Ash's Pikachu effectively had two signature moves when this was on his moveset.

Electro Ball was imo a pretty big downgrade from Volt Tackle, since Pikachu lost his species-exclusive move in favor of a much more generic Electric attack. Plus, to me Electo Ball never really seemed much more different than Thunderbolt in practice and application, so it might as well have just been a spherical version of it. I will, however, give Electro Ball some props for at least comboing nicely with Iron Tail and being visually distinct from Thunderbolt.

Thunder is easily in last place because the anime barely even differentiates it visually from Thunderbolt, which is on top of it having the same problem that Electro Ball has of being basically the same as Thunderbolt application-wise in battle, meaning Thunder might as well have never been there in Pikachu's moveset.

As he tells us fans that they mentioned to us about May or Serena.

:)It's moments that I would always like that May is together with Ash as always as the two halves of the arc in the ribbon of my memory ☹️but she does not really Ash's childhood to be a couple, he feels life without Serena's mistress if when she finds out Ash with May, it breaks heart and will be empty.

:)In my change, I'd like Ash to return the ribbon half to May and Ash go to Serena for this together where it belongs.:)

to be honest I would laugh a lot if that was the result!
Ash losing to Steven, getting totally depressed a result, then going back to Pallet Town and starting all over again. IMHO that would be one of the few reasonable scenarios that would allow for ten-year-old Ash to stay in the show without crazy time-travelling tricks. I know it's pure speculation, but.. .why not think out of the box for a change? :LOL:

Ash losing to Steven, getting totally depressed a result, then going back to Pallet Town and starting all over again. IMHO that would be one of the few reasonable scenarios that would allow for ten-year-old Ash to stay in the show without crazy time-travelling tricks. I know it's pure speculation, but.. .why not think out of the box for a change? :LOL:
I'm always ready for any possible scenario no matter how crazy and unlikely it seems!:p

I also like to see the reactions of people for a specific result, they are fun for me!:ROFLMAO:

Staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 興満録助 (Rokusuke Okimitsu)
Animation Director 山崎玲愛 (Rei Yamazaki)
Animation Director 伊藤京子 (Kyoko Ito)

this is THE episode ash will make the walk to the battlefield as an M8 trainer in the quarter finals

This epiaode must include some unrelated-to-the-game moves. As if Pikachu hits the floor with iron tale and vibrates to counter or using spider web just to make a big jump up in the air. I wonder if we will get on this round some new ones.

This epiaode must include some unrelated-to-the-game moves. As if Pikachu hits the floor with iron tale and vibrates to counter or using spider web just to make a big jump up in the air. I wonder if we will get on this round some new ones.
You mean the move improvisation thing Ash is so famous for? Yes, some move improvisations would certainly make the battle more interesting. And more than likely, there will be some.

Summary courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

The fourth match of the first round of the Masters Tournament finally sees the start of Satoshi's battles. His opponent is Houen Champion Daigo, whose powerful Pokémon drive Satoshi against the wall......? Satoshi doesn't just want to win for himself, but also for the sake of the friends and Pokémon that support him! Can he defeat the roadblock that is Daigo and pass his first match?!

Summary courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

The fourth match of the first round of the Masters Tournament finally sees the start of Satoshi's battles. His opponent is Houen Champion Daigo, whose powerful Pokémon drive Satoshi against the wall......? Satoshi doesn't just want to win for himself, but also for the sake of the friends and Pokémon that support him! Can he defeat the roadblock that is Daigo and pass his first match?!
sounds too dramatic for me!:lapras:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom