• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN119: Koharu and Eievui - The Miracle of Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Mimey of all characters is going to be the one who helps Chloe and Eevee resolve their arc? Well, there goes the one last chance for Yamper to do anything relevant in the arc involving the person he was originally closest to...
The final nail in the coffin for poor Yampy boy as he slowly and steadily fades away into the ether, lonely and forgotten by everyone...
:(

The final nail in the coffin for poor Yampy boy as he slowly and steadily fades away into the ether, lonely and forgotten by everyone...
:(
Worst part is, they bas took away Sonia’s Yamper, possibly because of Koharu’s and then proceeded to do nothing with it. The Yamper line really got screwed by the writers.

Anyone recall the last time Mimey appeared (I know JN074 was a fantasy only appearance)
It was in JN070 I believe, the episode where James caught Morpeko. (Which means Mimey straight-up vanished for 49 episodes.)
So Mimey of all characters is going to be the one who helps Chloe and Eevee resolve their arc? Well, there goes the one last chance for Yamper to do anything relevant in the arc involving the person he was originally closest to...
Yamper? Who's that? Did he exist? (In all seriousness though, poor, poor Yamper. Shafted for the moneymaker/attention hog Eevee. And it's really a shame too, because as I may have already said, its evolved form Boltund is one of my favorite Gen 8 Pokemon.)

Yamper? Who's that? Did he exist? (In all seriousness though, poor, poor Yamper. Shafted for the moneymaker/attention hog Eevee. And it's really a shame too, because as I may have already said, its evolved form Boltund is one of my favorite Gen 8 Pokemon.)
Honestly, the worst part is that there's really no reason why Chloe couldn't just have had both Eevee and Yamper with her at all times. With how Yamper was initially built up as Eevee's big brother figure I was so sure that he would get to participate in her Eeveelution arc in some way, probably by providing his own personal opinions. For example, I actually thought that due to Yamper being an Electric-type maybe he could've been biased towards Eevee becoming a Jolteon, or the exact opposite could have happened and Jolteon is the Eeveelution he'd least want Eevee to become because he doesn't want anyone to intrude in his Electric-type turf on Chloe's team, and either option could've made for an interesting episode conflict.

It's actually kind of funny in a way because in the Sun and Moon series Lana's Eevee had the exact opposite problem in that his capture and position in the main cast was ultimately pointless because nothing was done with him due to Lana's Popplio/Brionne/Primarina being the one who got all the development and attention despite the fact that Eevee's capture played up it developing a bond with Lanna's Popplio, which just like Yamper's bond with Chloe's Eevee was never developed beyond surface level (the absolute most we got was Sandy getting so angry at Guzma's Golisopod for torturing Primarina that Rotom literally had to hold him back from jumping into the field, which is cute and funny, but something we really should have gotten more of). Seriously, writers, if you can't handle more than one Pokemon in the girl MC's teams, why do you even bother giving them an extra one?

Read on twitter that Kana Hanazawa had Covid which whilst unconfirmed might explain why we're getting this two parter part way through the Masters tournament

Still hope that these episodes take place during the tournament and Ash and Goh are still there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom