• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN120: Koharu and Eievui, the Possibilities are Endless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koharu isn't at the league stadium, so it's probably showing whatever she is doing while the matches were on. I assume the writers wanted a breather episode between the end of the first round and the start of the semi-finals, which makes sense. There was never any indication every match had to happen back to back. All the first rounds will be done, and then there's a break before the two semi-finals matches.

You and I have wildly different interpretations of that episode then, this episode looks to be like…..at least somewhat relevant and character focused where as Lost at the League was just a big nothing
Well, yeah, it seems like it alright. But there's two things to me:

I'm not like, crazy psyched about these battles (JN killed off my excitement for anything years ago), but they're leagues (pardon the pun lol) more interesting than whatever Chloe and Eevee might be doing. Yes, I do agree with people here that a "take a breath" type of episode could be beneficial for the narrative, but on the other hand,... yeah, it's nowhere near interesting enough for me.

And the second and biggest thing, is that to me (keyword: me), Chloe is boring as hell. JN has had multiple chances at doing anything with her and wasted them all. So it's just... meh for me. There's nothing about her character that is exciting imo. I'm sure her fans will be delighted and all, but... eh.

As exciting as it would be to see Chloe's Eevee evolving into a new Eeveelution, it would also be kinda weird seeing that happen after Chloe's conversation with Lana several episodes ago. I feel like that conversation kinda cemented Chloe's choice of having her Eevee stay as itself, which was a path that she had not considered before.

Always happy to have more Chloe focus, she's my top girl along with Lillie :bulbaLove: I really want to see gmax Eevee though as it's been far too long without it. Do agree it may be a little sudden to have her Eevee evolve into something this episode when just a few episodes ago she was unsure, so I'd rather just have the big floof. Feel like the buildup we've had so far leans more in the 'you can stay the same' direction than any evolution (but we'll see).

I had a gut that something like this could happen, as production isn't as easy as it was 3 years ago and for some reason Tomioka has to write 'em all regarding battles, but I'm glad it's very plot relevant, we'll get the answers to one of the series' mysteries earlier than expected. I hope it's a satisfying conclusion since the lead-up hasn't been exactly entertaining.

Many are expecting Gigantamax Eevee to be the answer, and I have to ask...why? How is it possible to make a story around that? Turning Chloe into someone who wants to catch/battle all Gigantamaxes or what? It's clear that the mystery isn't why Eevee can't evolve, but rather why doesn't it want to evolve. The writers could make Eevee evolve into Sylveon as a representation of Chloe choosing contests if they wanted and it would make sense.

Many are expecting Gigantamax Eevee to be the answer, and I have to ask...why? How is it possible to make a story around that? Turning Chloe into someone who wants to catch/battle all Gigantamaxes or what? It's clear that the mystery isn't why Eevee can't evolve, but rather why doesn't it want to evolve. The writers could make Eevee evolve into Sylveon as a representation of Chloe choosing contests if they wanted and it would make sense.
I'm guessing it's just to hammer in the point that Eevee is as unique as its evolutions, and is capable of things that they aren't. I'm not sure if Chloe will actually be using Gigantamax Eevee for anything, but seeing it will probably convince her that it's fine to let Eevee stay the way it is.

Eevee choosing to not evolve would be really interesting if this wasn't the third series to not evolve its Eevee.
Third series? You mean only second.

Feel like the buildup we've had so far leans more in the 'you can stay the same' direction than any evolution (but we'll see).
My issue with that is because while this is a great conclusion for Eevee (and something they should've explored a good while ago), it's just not that great of a conclusion for Chloe herself.

If they conclude the arc of a character who's entire thing is "I don't know what I wanna do with my life" with "You can just stay the same"... that's gonna be lame as hell ngl.

It would only work if it's an Eevee-exclusive conclusion, but I don't know what else they could come up with for Chloe.

Third. Glaceon evolved post-AG.
Second. May’s Eevee was back when the appeal of that Pokémon was still the mystery of what it’d evolve into rather than pushing it as a second mascot and therefore denying its evolution gimmick

My issue with that is because while this is a great conclusion for Eevee (and something they should've explored a good while ago), it's just not that great of a conclusion for Chloe herself.

If they conclude the arc of a character who's entire thing is "I don't know what I wanna do with my life" with "You can just stay the same"... that's gonna be lame as hell ngl.

It would only work if it's an Eevee-exclusive conclusion, but I don't know what else they could come up with for Chloe.
I don’t think that was the message at all, just like how Eevee has multiple options and avenues available to it and doesn’t need to feel pressure to pursue and commit any particular path (which is what the move copycat kinda suggests), Koharu doesn’t need to hunker down and choose a goal because the Pokémon world is vast and she can’t explore and experience many things before she decides, “staying the same” would mean she’d just continue with her school life and that’s it but meeting various old and new characters and going on adventures opened her eyes to the possibilities.

Koharu and Eevee are parallels to eachother and are going through the same arc just in different ways

Last edited:
Tbh I don't think anyone expected much of May's Eevee, by the time she got it AG only had like 30 eps left. It barely left any impression till it was a Glaceon in DP. And back then Eevee wasn't treated like a mascot pokemon so her Eevee wasn't promoted at all and just treated like another capture.

Second. May’s Eevee was back when the appeal of that Pokémon was still the mystery of what it’d evolve into rather than pushing it as a second mascot and therefore denying its evolution gimmick

I don’t think that was the message at all, just like how Eevee has multiple options and avenues available to it and doesn’t need to feel pressure to pursue and commit any particular path (which is what the move copycat kinda suggests), Koharu doesn’t need to hunker down and choose a goal because the Pokémon world is vast and she can’t explore and experience many things before she decides, “staying the same” would mean she’d just continue with her school life and that’s it but meeting various old and new characters and going on adventures opened her eyes to the possibilities.

Koharu and Eevee are parallels to eachother and are going through the same arc just in different ways
You think she is gonna evolve into a new eveelution? I feel the whole endless possibilities title would fit more of it stays an evee

You think she is gonna evolve into a new eveelution? I feel the whole endless possibilities title would fit more of it stays an evee
Absolutely not, maybe we’ll see G-Max Eevee and even then I’m doubtful of, I’m definitely betting on a open ended conclusion all the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom