• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN120: Koharu and Eievui, the Possibilities are Endless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah joy. A whole two parter in the thrilling "Chloe and Eevee hang around with Eeveevolutions" saga. I can see why they had to interrupt the tournament for this.

Watch Chloe decide Eevee is better off never evolving because that would destroy their bond together or something.

Yeah, I can't see any other way this episode is going to end other than Koharu shrugging her shoulders and saying "I guess I don't have to choose my goal right away just like I don't have to choose how to evolve Eievui right away" and that'll be it for her. All I can see coming at the end of this episode is a crushing disappointment.

Prove me wrong, show. Prove me wrong.

Ah joy. A whole two parter in the thrilling "Chloe and Eevee hang around with Eeveevolutions" saga. I can see why they had to interrupt the tournament for this.

Watch Chloe decide Eevee is better off never evolving because that would destroy their bond together or something.
If you've seen the production problems you know why this is happening. The writers/animators struggled to put 4 battles in a row, obviously having a break before the semi-finals to hopefully make the last 3 battles animated really well is a thing.

Iwane hasn't done ANY of the Master Class battles so far, so I'm praying he's working on both Cynthia and Leon's fights.

Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

After meeting all kinds of evolved forms together with Eievui, Koharu is at a complete loss about what Eievui wants to evolve into, as well as what Pokémon evolution even is to begin with. Noticing this, her father, Professor Sakuragi, takes her camping. During the trip, he tells her about the Pokémon encounters, farewells and evolutions he experienced in his early childhood. The possibilities are endless: What future will Eievui choose? What future will Koharu choose?

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu

I have a feeling Ash and Go are on a screen talking about his match with Steven and then they disappear as he is gonna prepare for Cynthia.
Ash: Fancy coming to watch Chloe
Chloe: I would but I'm going camping with my dad, besides I don't recall you two matching my contest in person
Goh shoots Ash a look

I've enjoyed every Koharu episode in the series but it's hard to say they really form a proper arc. It'd be nice if this episode makes up for that and makes Koharu's role in the series actually lead to something. Honestly, even if this doesn't really go anywhere I'll probably like it as an individual episode but it'll be a bit of a waste. Koharu has a lot of potential as a character but so far she's just been a charming side character.

Clefairy from Season 1. Moon Stone... Chloe discover new Eeveelution from Moon Stone?
I had the same thought but it's probably wishful thinking. That being said it'd be amazing if the series surprised us and actually had it happen even if the idea of another moon-related Eevee is redundant.

Moon type Eeveelution confirmed..... oh wait... we already have 3 with Syveon, Espeon and Umbreon

Espeon is sun-related, so we've only got two Eeveelutions that could be thought of as moon-related so far. Even then, Sylveon doesn't have any direct moon-related traits, just the indirect association that comes from being Fairy-type and rabbit-shaped, so we've really only got one proper moon Eeveelution.

The good:
The family being involved.
Cerise's father being revealed?

The bad:
No Galar Pokemon, again...Poor guys, officially ran out of chances.
Too much focus on Clefairy and not Eevee. Couldn't they at least choose something with alternate evolutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom