• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN120: Koharu and Eievui, the Possibilities are Endless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
they better have something conclusive happening here to warrant the time because otherwise this is gonna be anticlimactic as hell.
Even then some people are gonna be mad they had this happened during the Masters 8 tournament no matter how good or bad it is... :(

Last edited:
Wait this shit a two parter?! We're in the middle of the Master 8 hell we're not even half way into it! Why are they forcing a two parter of something that has nothing to do with the M8 now of all times?

Wait this shit a two parter?! We're in the middle of the Master 8 hell we're not even half way into it! Why are they forcing a two parter of something that has nothing to do with the M8 now of all times?

My theory is that it will be a break after each round in M8. I mean, even after this two parter for Chole and Eevee, Journeys would still have around 15 episodes.

We are halfway into it though, the first rounds will be done and only the semi-finals are left.

Also remember. there's literally only 3 battles after the Steven fight. Leon/Diantha, Ash/Cynthia and then Ash/Leon...so they probably took a break before the final 3 battles of the series

They probably want a break (in real life for the animators), and in-show so the final 3 battles air closer to the climax of the series. I wouldn't be surprised if there's another break before the Leon battle.

Or they could oh I don't know wait until after the M8 is over before doing this.
They're probably only shoehorning this in the middle of the M8 instead of waiting for the end because there's just no way that Chloe's subplot can even come close to being a worthy followup to battles like Ash vs Cynthia, Ash vs Leon or even Diantha vs Leon, so it does make sense to get it over with right here and now than to wait until after the far more interesting stuff is over. Gotta close up with a high note, after all.

All that said, though, Chloe's subplot could have easily been ended before the Masters 8 even started. Then we wouldn't be having any problems.

I assume the real reason is they don't want all the battles happening in a row, that means Ash/Leon would be over by the end of August/early September and then still have 3 months left. I assume they want Ash/Leon to air closer to the climax of the series...so we have an intermission of sorts.

New information confirms that this episode is the second part of a two parter with this episode becoming JN120
This is some of the strangest pacing I've seen in a long time.. I don't mind this being a two-parter assuming it gives Chloe full closure, but why not just have this take place after JN113? It not only would've kept the momentum of the arc but allow Chloe to be present at the PWC with the rest of the cast

Last edited:
They're probably only shoehorning this in the middle of the M8 instead of waiting for the end because there's just no way that Chloe's subplot can even come close to being a worthy followup to battles like Ash vs Cynthia, Ash vs Leon or even Diantha vs Leon, so it does make sense to get it over with right here and now than to wait until after the far more interesting stuff is over. Gotta close up with a high note, after all.
Even if it makes sense, the ultimate issue is cuz whatever momentun they had got sliced and killed by this two-parter.

And they, most likely than not, will do the same thing with Goh and Project Mew after the semi-finals.
All that said, though, Chloe's subplot could have easily been ended before the Masters 8 even started. Then we wouldn't be having any problems.
THIS.

If it's a clip show that saves the animators time and it would have been a week break anyway. So yeah makes more sense than Koharu getting 2 eps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom