• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN120: Koharu and Eievui, the Possibilities are Endless!

I've always thought that Chloe's Eevee should have been based on the partner Eevee from Let's Go. That way it would have learned a special move after each Eeveelution interaction, and Chloe would have pursued Kanto gyms to conclude her arc.
Exactly! It would also explain why she can't evolve. Even if they ignored the parter Eevee route, Eevee should have at least GMaxed... I mean it was RIGHT THERE! No new Eeveelution, but at leats Eevee got SOMETHING new in the games... that the anime ignored.

I can't "wait" for a brand new Eevee girl to be a thing in SV anime, only to wind up never using Terastal.

Really, Chloe challenges Ash? I'm sorry, I can't help but let out a chuckle.
Ah so it would appear that she has chosen death.
It’s probably the embarrassment people get from being in an unfamiliar position/asking something from someone, something they usually don’t ask for.
Or just a blush of excitement.

Exactly! It would also explain why she can't evolve. Even if they ignored the parter Eevee route, Eevee should have at least GMaxed... I mean it was RIGHT THERE! No new Eeveelution, but at leats Eevee got SOMETHING new in the games... that the anime ignored.

I can't "wait" for a brand new Eevee girl to be a thing in SV anime, only to wind up never using Terastal.
I don't think that there's anything special about Eevee using Terastal, though. It seems that all Pokemon use it in the same way. The event Pikachu stands out because it knows Fly, like other event Pikachu long ago. Partner Pikachu had the superior Floaty Fall (a one-turn move).

Yeah, G-Max Eevee would've been pretty boring but it still would've been better than the literal nothing that Chloe and Eevee got.

Another cool option could've been for Eevee to evolve into a Leafeon, which would've been both fitting for Chloe's character (due to her family name alluding to cherry blossoms and the Grass Eeveelution serving as a fine metaphor for her "blooming" into her own as she chooses a definite path) and relevant to Gen 8 due to the DP remakes and Legends Arceus, both of which focus on Gen 4, and Leafeon is a Gen 4 Eeveelution.

Or, like others have said, let her learn the Partner Eevee moves from her evolved forms. Heck, Partner Eevee and Gigantamax Eevee were even connected in the games, so they very easily could've given Chloe's Eevee both.

I mean, it's not like Chloe's subplot was all that interesting in the slightest, but if it had at least gotten a proper conclusion it might've gone down as a relatively unspectacular but completely inoffensive story at worst. Instead, the way it ended just makes anything related to Chloe feel like an absolute waste of time in retrospect.

But I think it doesnt mater now what we speculated before.. now we know its not going to happen.. to be fair, we all knew there's a chance for no development here in speculations. And we all didn't like that road. It is what it is.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom