• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN121: The Climax Begins! Satoshi's Masters Tournament Experience!!

This is torture. It was hard enough to get through two clip show episodes, but now there’s a week break until the next episode. My hype for the Masters Eight is dead at the moment. I just pray for a Pallet Town party episode with all of Ash’s friends at this point, but we’re running out of time if the anime wants to start the Scarlet/Violet series with the game’s release. We have all of October and the first two weeks of November left, effectively making there six unrevealed episodes, which is next to nothing. I just hope Journeys can finish strong, regardless of this bumpy road.

This is torture. It was hard enough to get through two clip show episodes, but now there’s a week break until the next episode. My hype for the Masters Eight is dead at the moment. I just pray for a Pallet Town party episode with all of Ash’s friends at this point, but we’re running out of time if the anime wants to start the Scarlet/Violet series with the game’s release. We have all of October and the first two weeks of November left, effectively making there six unrevealed episodes, which is next to nothing. I just hope Journeys can finish strong, regardless of this bumpy road.
Four of which are likely ash vs Leon as well

Full VA list courtesy of Adamant

Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Hibanny
Shinichiro Miki: Negigaknight
Daisuke Namikawa: Lucario
Kenta Miyake: Kairyu
Yuichi Nakamura: Duraludon
Yasuhiro Mamiya: Gangar
Ryota Iwasaki: Luchabull
Tatsuki Kobe: Ononokus
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Masaki Terasoma: Shaga
Susumu Chiba: Wataru
Kenichi Suzumura: Daigo
Daisuke Ono: Dande
Yoshitsugu Matsuoka: Kibana
Fumiko Orikasa: Carne
Kensho Ono: Alan
Yoko Hikasa: Saito
Aoi Yuki: Iris
Yuji Ueda: Commentator
Eiji Hanawa: Ganpi
Mariko Nagai: Trainer's Girlfriend
Kohei Amasaki: Rinto
Noriaki Kanze: Renji
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narra Tion

Plus project mew has to finish. There's no way it ends on time to start over for gen 9 In November. Don't we also usually know something about the next gen anime around this point? I feel Journeys might just be the new format, it'd be easy enough to continue what they've been doing and add paldea in

Plus project mew has to finish. There's no way it ends on time to start over for gen 9 In November. Don't we also usually know something about the next gen anime around this point? I feel Journeys might just be the new format, it'd be easy enough to continue what they've been doing and add paldea in
We typically find out about the new saga around late September- early October, though typically its around the time they’re wrapping up. And given the emphasis they put on the conclusion of the saga, I high doubt that it’s going to continue. With how many breaks they have, we probably won’t see info on the next series until late October-early November this time around.

We typically find out about the new saga around late September- early October, though typically its around the time they’re wrapping up. And given the emphasis they put on the conclusion of the saga, I high doubt that it’s going to continue. With how many breaks they have, we probably won’t see info on the next series until late October-early November this time around.
You think so? Does Ash's placement in the Master Eight Tournament matter for SV?

You think so? Does Ash's placement in the Master Eight Tournament matter for SV?
Not really considering that from what they’ve revealed about SV, there’s an entire class of trainers that are champion. Plus, these are the Pokémon anime writers we’re talking about; if they want Ash, they’ll figure a way to have Ash.

Meh, it's not going to be dubbed in English like the other clip episodes in AG and DP. I've already obtained Ash's Dracovish; the distributions were clearly not actually intended for those outside of the anime's viewers, as mine is in Japanese with the original trainer's name being written as サトシ instead of Satoshi or Ash.
Probably not. Each series (except BW, which happened earlier) ends with a major tournament that Ash takes part in. He never won until SM because of increasing outlandish roadblocks to keep the status quo intact (Tobias' invincibility, Cameron's luck, and Alain's Growing Threat), with the result of the Kalos League leaving the anime's reputation permanently damaged. For all we know, whether Ash wins or loses to Leon would have no impact on his journey through Paldea if he decides to go there.

Last edited:
Ash getting "reset" for SV makes sense given he's going to bench his pokemon and get new ones, while fighting ones he's never seen before and has no idea how to counter properly

I mean, him losing to a fidough because it has yeast breath is gonna be weird no matter how they spin it, but still...

Not really considering that from what they’ve revealed about SV, there’s an entire class of trainers that are champion. Plus, these are the Pokémon anime writers we’re talking about; if they want Ash, they’ll figure a way to have Ash.
Yeah I can totally understand it. But the Champions rank feels like a light version of the PWC and automatically less impressive,since it takes place in one region. Though I would like his next in becoming a Pokémon Master is something personal and not just abouts how strong he is.
Probably not. Each series (except BW, which happened earlier) ends with a major tournament that Ash takes part in. He never won until SM because of increasing outlandish roadblocks to keep the status quo intact (Tobias' invincibility, Cameron's luck, and Alain's Growing Threat), with the result of the Kalos League leaving the anime's reputation permanently damaged. For all we know, whether Ash wins or loses to Leon would have no impact on his journey through Paldea if he decides to go there.
Fair. And normally I would agree. But I feel like he is coming at a point in his journey that his achievements can't be ignored. What happens if he actually beats Leon?

Ash getting "reset" for SV makes sense given he's going to bench his pokemon and get new ones, while fighting ones he's never seen before and has no idea how to counter properly

I mean, him losing to a fidough because it has yeast breath is gonna be weird no matter how they spin it, but still...
I mean, I think they have learnt from their BW reset. I hope so. It would feel weird after hiw far he has become in the PWC. But maybe the academy invites Ash cause they saw him in the PWC?

Three weeks in a row of these boring episodes. Journeys has really dropped the ball lately. Too many clip shows and breaks. This wasn't as bad as last week's complete waste of time, but it was still boring.
I REALLY understand the production issues, but it gets boring. Waiting a month for a new Master Eight battle, is ridiculous.:bulbaFacepalm:

My hype is not existing anymore. Watch them putting Project Mew after the Cynthia battle. Makes the tournament feel like it is going on forever.

Couldn't they have aired some fan-favorite episodes focusing on Cynthia,Diantha, Leon or Ash instead?

I REALLY understand the production issues, but it gets boring. Waiting a month for a new Master Eight battle, is ridiculous.:bulbaFacepalm:

My hype is not existing anymore. Watch them putting Project Mew after the Cynthia battle. Makes the tournament feel like it is going on forever.

Couldn't they have aired some fan-favorite episodes focusing on Cynthia,Diantha, Leon or Ash instead?
Well if the titles we have are true, we are getting Project Mew after the Cynthia battle.

Well if the titles we have are true, we are getting Project Mew after the Cynthia battle.
No waaay. Ugh. Wait is Ash going to leave Wydon to support Gou or will he stay in Wydon to train for his match?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom