• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN123: The Semifinals II: "Dazzle"

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, what really counts as being in a “corner” now? The battle against Steven, Ash wasn’t in a “corner” until Metagross Mega-Evolved, since he only had one option - Pikachu’s Z-Move. The rest he was trailing for majority, but still adapted with his improv. With the amount of options Ash has in a six-on-six, and having all three gimmicks, it’s be pretty hard to limit options. If anything, the summary is probably making it seem like that’s how it’s playing out, except it only accounts for the final few minutes. Unless, Cynthia makes it 3-0, which it would be cool to see Ash’s comeback, not going to lie.
And, to some degree, I agree with @cricketlaxwolvesbandy. I don’t think it would be wise to have Ash control the tempo against Cynthia, as it is indeed Cynthia, but I don’t like the aspect of Ash being in a “corner”, again. More specifically, Ash managing a smaller hits per K’O ratio and barely stay in it scenario.

In fact, I think the reason it is Cynthia would be enough of a reason for Ash to at times control proceedings. Ash knows what he’s up against, he knows who he has to beat to become the best, and if anything, him not having a plan and expecting to win through pure bulk isn’t exactly smart, nor is it satisfying if he does just tank hits. Where you’d expect all of Ash’s experiences to come to play, I would of hoped there’s at least a bit of strategy in some cases. For example, he’s seen Gastrodon’s abilities, so Ash starts the battle with Dracovish’s strong leg power to nullify the current, from Muddy Water, and amply his own strikes to control the fight from the start. In short, he isn’t constantly adapting, but setting the pace at times. And again, not all the time because that’s a disservice to Cynthia.

And whilst Ash isn’t what you’d call a tactician, more of a master at improv, wouldn’t it be nice for there to be a case of Ash doing something other than getting knocked down, adapt, knocked down, adapt, knocked down, adapt, and so on? So, it makes Ash look, by my own definition, more of a capable trainer?

I'm assuming most of Leon/Diantha's battle will be off-screen, or only capture glimpses of it, because that makes more sense than seeing 6 of Diantha's Pokemon KO'd in less than 20 minutes since the other half of the ep focuses on Cynthia's backstory.

Most likely we'll see at least 2 or so battles from Leon/Diantha. Essentially I can understand it, this match isn't important narratively since we all know Leon will win and Diantha's not that important enough to spend a full 6 on 6 on. It'll basically be like those rounds in the leagues the writers montage/skip over only seeing parts of the battle.

Was it said somewhere that 6 vs 6 allows all 3 gimmicks to be used in one battle?
I meant it as a way for Ash to get out of a “corner” in any scenario, even if it’s using the one gimmick he allowed. That’s why it’s hard for me to believe Ash would be in a position like that when he has that many options to chose from.
Unless you meant that comment as an actual question, which, I have no idea. Be cool though, and I have a feeling Leon would allow it.

I wish Ash would use more variety with Dynamax and Z-Moves (and ideally Mega Evolution). His JN team has started feeling repetitive for PWT when his competitors are coming up with new and unique Pokemon. They could’ve let some reserves compete in the lower rounds with the JN team being used for full battles.

I felt at least Infernape and Greninja deserved a spot there as they helped train for the tournament.

I wish Ash would use more variety with Dynamax and Z-Moves (and ideally Mega Evolution). His JN team has started feeling repetitive for PWT when his competitors are coming up with new and unique Pokemon. They could’ve let some reserves compete in the lower rounds with the JN team being used for full battles.

I felt at least Infernape and Greninja deserved a spot there as they helped train for the tournament.
Yeah, I remember saying around the middle of the season that I would like to see some reserves by Master Class (and others did too), but people kept telling me "no" that Ash's Journey's team should get all the battles, and well...here we are. I guess people got what they wanted. Instead they should of mixed and matched old pokemon in from time to time along with his current team. The "Ash should only use his current team" people won. Ah well, it is what it is.

Yeah, I remember saying around the middle of the season that I would like to see some reserves by Master Class (and others did too), but people kept telling me "no" that Ash's Journey's team should get all the battles, and well...here we are. I guess people got what they wanted. Instead they should of mixed and matched old pokemon in from time to time along with his current team. The "Ash should only use his current team" people won. Ah well, it is what it is.
Not sure if it is related to the Dazzle episode much.. but yes Ash is not using old pokemon here in Semis... But hey you can hope for a dif team in the final now that he is using his 6 and it is boring and too predicted using them again in the final (not a good chance though)

The trailer for the battle revealed that three of Ash's "aces" (Gengar, Dragonite and yes, even Pikachu) will go down first, leaving Dracovish, Sirfetch'd and Lucario for the second half. It's pretty much confirmed now we'll get an (hopefully epic) showdown between Mega Garchomp and Mega Lucario.

The trailer for the battle revealed that three of Ash's "aces" (Gengar, Dragonite and yes, even Pikachu) will go down first, leaving Dracovish, Sirfetch'd and Lucario for the second half. It's pretty much confirmed now we'll get an (hopefully epic) showdown between Mega Garchomp and Mega Lucario.
That happens 100%. If it is epic idk. I hope so lol

That happens 100%. If it is epic idk. I hope so lol
Let's guess how big Lucario's "Gigantamax Aura Sphere" will grow this time...;) I'm seriously concerned about the safety of the audience and that the invisible protection screen won't be able to handle it this time.
You might have noticed I'm not the biggest fan of Ash playing that card which comes really really close to DEM if you ask me. To me it's the easy way out because no matter how strong his opponent is, Ash/Lucario will just create an even bigger Aura Sphere and that'll do the trick. I guess we're reaching a point where the writers shouldn't overdo it.

Let's guess how big Lucario's "Gigantamax Aura Sphere" will grow this time...;) I'm seriously concerned about the safety of the audience and that the invisible protection screen won't be able to handle it this time.
You might have noticed I'm not the biggest fan of Ash playing that card which comes really really close to DEM if you ask me. To me it's the easy way out because no matter how strong his opponent is, Ash/Lucario will just create an even bigger Aura Sphere and that'll do the trick. I guess we're reaching a point where the writers shouldn't overdo it.
How about this big? :LOL:
1660580358777.png

When Mega Garchomp does her Draco Meteor, I hope that they have it so that Lucario imitates the attack using Aura Sphere, and you just have a hail of energy colliding into each other while Lucario and Garchomp prepare for their final moves in the chaos.
"Lucario, Steel Beam!!!!"
"Garchomp, Dragon Claw!!!!"

When Mega Garchomp does her Draco Meteor, I hope that they have it so that Lucario imitates the attack using Aura Sphere, and you just have a hail of energy colliding into each other while Lucario and Garchomp prepare for their final moves in the chaos.
"Lucario, Steel Beam!!!!"
"Garchomp, Dragon Claw!!!!"
You mean.. Bullet punch vs Drcao Meteor kind of Chaos, and then Lucario uses Kamehameha instead of Spirit bomb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom