• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN123: The Semifinals II: "Dazzle"

Status
Not open for further replies.
This made me realise Lucario has two end-game moves, in Steel Beam and Aura Sphere.
On one hand it’s strange to have two (it’s like Greninja having a super-powered Dark Pulse alongside Water Shuriken) but I guess the writers wanted to show at least the bear minimum of Gen VIII with new moves, and you can’t have Lucario without Aura Sphere.
It’s a shame that Steel Beam was the one to take down Machamp, then get basically cast
aside for Lucario’s Nuke. But, again, guess they’re just playing into Lucario’s true signature.

This made me realise Lucario has two end-game moves, in Steel Beam and Aura Sphere.
On one hand it’s strange to have two (it’s like Greninja having a super-powered Dark Pulse alongside Water Shuriken) but I guess the writers wanted to show at least the bear minimum of Gen VIII with new moves, and you can’t have Lucario without Aura Sphere.
It’s a shame that Steel Beam was the one to take down Machamp, then get basically cast
aside for Lucario’s Nuke. But, again, guess they’re just playing into Lucario’s true signature.
I find reversal as the better end-game move, after Lucario is struggeling like hell he will..
Maybe not against Mega Garchomp though, Special Attacks might work better in that matchup. But againat Charizard with the type disadvantage already I think it is better to use Bullet Punch, Double team, Endure and Reversal.

In general I wish Ash wont spam that Mega sized Aura Sphere in every round..

In general I wish Ash wont spam that Mega sized Aura Sphere in every round..

The battle against Cynthia will probably be the only round where Ash will really use the Mega sized Aura Sphere as a final move.

Even if Ash uses this move in his battle against Leon, it's unlikely it will be so decisive for the victory.

So the Dazzle refers to spiritomb prob.. by the looks of the preview he might end up as the main mvp for that episode assuming he fights against Gengar as the combination of shots suggest. Just for taking down Pikachu in a tie we could say he is the mvp there though..

Given Garchomp's EPIC intro in Queen Cynthia's battle against Iris, I think it's about time we collect some epic song we'd like to hear during her battle against Ash (They will most likely not be played but the writers surprised us with that awesome Garchomp theme, so why not?)

Here I go:
"Warriors of the world" - Manowar
"Hells Bells" - ADAC
"Hard Rock Hallelujah" - Lordi
"A Warrior's Call" - Volbeat
"Tears don't fall" - Bullet For My Valentine
"Remember The Name" - Fort Minor
"Till I collapse" - Eminem
"I wish I had an angel" - Nightwish
"Bring me to life" - Evanescence
And my favorite song:
"Smells like teen spirit" - Nirvana

Given Garchomp's EPIC intro in Queen Cynthia's battle against Iris, I think it's about time we collect some epic song we'd like to hear during her battle against Ash (They will most likely not be played but the writers surprised us with that awesome Garchomp theme, so why not?)

Here I go:
"Warriors of the world" - Manowar
"Hells Bells" - ADAC
"Hard Rock Hallelujah" - Lordi
"A Warrior's Call" - Volbeat
"Tears don't fall" - Bullet For My Valentine
"Remember The Name" - Fort Minor
"Till I collapse" - Eminem
"I wish I had an angel" - Nightwish
"Bring me to life" - Evanescence
And my favorite song:
"Smells like teen spirit" - Nirvana
Your jon to make AMV cause it wont happen..

Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

It's time for the second semifinal match, where Satoshi faces Shirona in a match with advancement to the finals on the line! Satoshi is in trouble from the very get-go, as Shirona toys with him using her clever strategies. Satoshi wants to try turning the tides of the battle, but... Sinnoh Champion Shirona and her powerful Pokémon stand like a wall before him!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom