• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN125: The Semifinals IV: "Impact"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there a three-parter for a 3 Vs. 3 battle? Also if Ash uses Pikachu again this time and he loses to Cynthia, that means one of his Pokémon won't get used (most likely Sirfetch'd).
Not sure if you’re serious or trolling but the semifinal battles were confirmed to be full battles. So it’s a 6v6 not 3v3.

Oh . my . God. My prayers have been answered! :giggle:
An incredible number of three(! ) episodes dedicated to Cynthia's epicness. :notworthy:

Now, I personally don't care anymore how much they mess up and rush those Leon episodes. The dignified Queen of Sinnoh will get the full attention that she, and she alone, rightfully deserves and that's all that counts in my eyes.
And btw. this says a lot about what the writers really think about Cynthia's actual status compared to Leon.

Happy... just happy now! (If that isn't a good way to start the new week)

Why is there a three-parter for a 3 Vs. 3 battle? Also if Ash uses Pikachu again this time and he loses to Cynthia, that means one of his Pokémon won't get used (most likely Sirfetch'd).
It's been confirmed to be a Full Battle. Same with Leon vs Diantha. It was confirmed in a magazine a while back.

Ugh. Do not want to see Mega Ash Lucario and I’m not looking forward to this battle at all. Then again Ash vs Cynthia was never that hype for me, neither any battle sans Ash vs Alain. JN sucks at hyping of battles with Ash’s shitty JN team.
Like I hate how they are trying to make Ash Lucario the next Ash Greninja and if Ash wins against Leon while Greninja couldn’t win against Charizard and defeating Cynthia’s Garchomp>Mega Sceptile then I’m so fucking mad

Ugh. Do not want to see Mega Ash Lucario and I’m not looking forward to this battle at all. Then again Ash vs Cynthia was never that hype for me, neither any battle sans Ash vs Alain. JN sucks at hyping of battles with Ash’s shitty JN team.
Like I hate how they are trying to make Ash Lucario the next Ash Greninja and if Ash wins against Leon while Greninja couldn’t win against Charizard and defeating Cynthia’s Garchomp>Mega Sceptile then I’m so fucking mad
So one of the worst things about Lucario is that we all saw and aknoledge his connection with Ash and he is a realy tough pokemon.. but no one buys he is better than Gninja because the lack of screentime in general for Ashs training. And the episode with Gninja mentoring Lucario was only resulting Gninja to look stronger..
Maybe if they wouldn't have rushed with that mega sized aura.. too powerfull and convinient. I can imagine a situation we buy what they want us to feel about Lucario, just not for how they wrote it...

Here’s my issue with Ash-Lucario: It’s Ash-Greninja with a better payoff since the writers couldn’t have it beat a strong opponent or Alain’s MCX and yet Mega Lucario will beat Cynthia’s Mega Garchomp which makes less sense.
I’m convinced the only reason why Ash won Alola was because of the Kalos League backlash. The status quo and higher ups shouldn’t have prevented Ash from winning Kalos. Yajima should’ve just not listened to them but if he did make that decision that that’s the worst decision he ever made.

I’m convinced the only reason why Ash won Alola was because of the Kalos League backlash. The status quo and higher ups shouldn’t have prevented Ash from winning Kalos. Yajima should’ve just not listened to them but if he did make that decision that that’s the worst decision he ever made.
I disagree. If you look at the anime as a whole, you'll notice that Ash almost never (with one interesting exception that I'll get to in a moment) places lower in a tournament than he did in the one preceding it. He placed in the top 16 in Kanto, the top 8 in both Johto and Hoenn, and the top 4 in Sinnoh. The exception to this trend is Unova, where he placed in the top 8 again, but Unova was an anomaly for many reasons, and essentially functioned as a reset button for the anime in general. The pattern resumed after Unova, with Ash placing in the top 2 in Kalos. It was inevitable, then, that the only place to go from there would be to actually win a tournament, which he did in Alola.

So what does that say about the Masters 8? I'm not sure. On the one hand, having already won a Pokemon League, there's nowhere left for Ash to go but up. On the other hand, this is a tournament of champions, so even if he loses, he's still one of the top 4 strongest trainers in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom