• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN125: The Semifinals IV: "Impact"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me does think there is a possibility Ash will lose this match, he only has Lucario left, Togekiss hasn't taken much damage and Garchomp has the type advantage

Part of me does think there is a possibility Ash will lose this match, he only has Lucario left, Togekiss hasn't taken much damage and Garchomp has the type advantage
Sadly, a dream match with Leon will be gone in vain. Despite, the opening promise and also Cynthia retirement have to wait.

In b4 it's revealed Cynthia was actually joking this whole time.

"Thanks for basically giving me tickets to the final Ash. Now I will assuredly become the world's greatest trainer that people can look up to."

Ash tears up and runs out of the stadium whilst Leon begins shaking in fear.

:wynaut:

"Thanks for basically giving me tickets to the final Ash. Now I will assuredly become the world's greatest trainer that people can look up to."

Ash tears up and runs out of the stadium whilst Leon begins shaking in fear.

:wynaut:
Now, I'm wishing to see this in reality... :bulbaLove:

I mean, I think it is for the better. The writers cannot show Ash winning every championship he participates in; otherwise, I feel, it will quickly spiral into the Alain/Leon situation.
Only tomorrow, we will find out the answer, dream match or go home.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cynthia wins and goes on to battle Leon; I don't see a Fighting/Steel Mega Lucario managing to defeat a Fairy/Flying Togekiss and Dragon/Ground Garchomp. The writers may use this as an excuse to have Ash return to the gym challenges starting with Paldea.

What type advantage? It only has Dragon moves, which Lucario resists, and Stealth Rock, which Lucario ALSO resists and is useless now. Meanwhile, Garchomp doesn't resist Fighting or Steel.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cynthia wins and goes on to battle Leon; I don't see a Fighting/Steel Mega Lucario managing to defeat a Fairy/Flying Togekiss and Dragon/Ground Garchomp. The writers may use this as an excuse to have Ash return to the gym challenges starting with Paldea.
Well, I do. The only reason why they would have Cynthia win is to further promote BDSP and Legends Arceus, but that ship has sailed.

Then Charizard sweeps her entire party so we can see how amazing and unbeatable Charizard is.

I mean, I think it is for the better. The writers cannot show Ash winning every championship he participates in; otherwise, I feel, it will quickly spiral into the Alain/Leon situation.
The situation he was in for most of the series was no better, maybe worse. A protagonist who wins every time can be predictable and dull but one who loses every time is exhausting and frustrating,

Last edited:
It'll be close, but I still see Ash winning this. Like I said before, they wouldn't have hyped up his eventual showdown with Leon throughout Journeys just for him to lose before he even gets there. I don't even think Journeys, in all of its audacity, would pull that kind of crap.

It'll be close, but I still see Ash winning this. Like I said before, they wouldn't have hyped up his eventual showdown with Leon throughout Journeys just for him to lose before he even gets there. I don't even think Journeys, in all of its audacity, would pull that kind of crap.
I just hope its not just Lucario getting a lucky one shot while tanking absurd amounts of damage to the point he realistically should have been KO'd. Just please show him dodging, countering, and landing another blow on Garchomp before KOing her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom