• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN126: GO FOR DREAM! Go's Road to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was curious on how the Masters Eight arc would be paced if we had no breaks or clipshows since JN115. Here’s what could’ve been:

JN115 - 6/17/2022
JN116 - 6/24/2022
JN117 - 7/1/2022
JN118 - 7/8/2022
JN120 - 7/15/2022
JN122 - 7/22/2022
JN123 - 7/29/2022
JN124 - 8/5/2022
JN125 - 8/12/2022
JN127 - 8/19/2022

We basically lost 6 extra episodes. As of right now, we only have all of October and the first two weeks of November left. However, we also could have had the entire month of September and the last week of August for more episodes. It’s understandable that people are frustrated, myself included. There’s not much use in complaining about what the schedule could’ve been, because this assumes that the breaks and clipshows didn’t happen, but it is interesting to put it into perspective.

I think the M8 would have played out exactly the same. We never would have seen a full battle between Leon and Diantha because the writers aren't interested in that. I think the only difference is Alan/Leon might have gotten a full episode but even then I'm not so sure about that. Other than that the episode length for the tournament itself would have been identical.

I think the M8 would have played out exactly the same. We never would have seen a full battle between Leon and Diantha because the writers aren't interested in that. I think the only difference is Alan/Leon might have gotten a full episode but even then I'm not so sure about that. Other than that the episode length for the tournament itself would have been identical.
More episodes is more episodes. There could have been plans for further episodes that had to be scrapped due to COVID. On the other hand, the Masters Eight could have been all we would get outside of the Chloe, Goh, and goodbye episodes, and these breaks and clipshows were deliberate because they needed to pad the arc out. Either way, we’ll never really know what those extra six episodes could’ve been, if they existed.

More episodes is more episodes. There could have been plans for further episodes that had to be scrapped due to COVID. On the other hand, the Masters Eight could have been all we would get outside of the Chloe, Goh, and goodbye episodes, and these breaks and clipshows were deliberate because they needed to pad the arc out. Either way, we’ll never really know what those extra six episodes could’ve been, if they existed.
I suspect then the M8 would have simply started later like in September and there would have been more fillers prior to it starting. This series already lost about 10 episodes in 2020 when the first covid hiatus happened so we already lost a bunch of eps from the first year even before this. But I honestly get the feeling it would have just been more random eps for Go to capture an old pokemon like most of the eps were back then, so I don't feel like we missed anything important.

Got excited for a moment that we’d get two episodes to conclude Goh’s character arc - but fooled again.

If Journeys had been more cohesive instead of completely forgetting stories for a handful of episodes until the next episode focussed on that story, these clip shows would not have been necessary.

Not that they ARE necessary anyway.

Mini summary courtesy of CoroCoro

"A special edition depicting the growth of Go and his fellow Pokemon so far!"

Fcn_KOgaIAEYva0.jpg

Mini summary courtesy of CoroCoro

"A special edition depicting the growth of Go and his fellow Pokemon so far!"

I'm sorry what the fuck?

GROWTH?!

The vast Majority of his Pokémon are fucking background Laboratory accessories

Grookey has done FUCK ALL this entire saga.
It was MIA for the entire first year and when it finally appeared it became a COMPLETE WASTE OF FUCKING SPACE AND TIME

Literally only Cinderace and Inteleon have had any remotely SLIVER of development and even THEN Inteleon got his storyline rushed to hell and back all so that fuck ass Green Goblin plop his ass on Goh's shoulders

And then there's Cinderace? WHO the fuck is Cinderace? I literally forgot that this thing was supposed to be Goh's FIRST Pokémon but that's how much the writer's have fucking neglected what is supposed to be Goh's equivalent to Ash's Pikachu

This show can fuck right off with their definition of GROWTH because all they did was do ALL of my boys dirty!

There's no point in showing off the growth of Goh's Pokémon, as they're nothing but background scenery and/or CotD who are lucky to even appear as a Pokedex entry. The writers only care about Grookey, the most blatant creators' pet in the anime's history since Piplup, and have even shifted Cinderace in favor of him.

We get a clip episode with the topic about Goh's progress in capturing Pokémon and Project Mew, but instead of showing all those captures and missions, most of the clips would focus exclusively on Grookey, which is essentially shilling and baiting along with budgeting (although COVID is somewhat to blame for the latter); the perfect recipe to create the worst episode in the franchise. All I can hope that this is not the case, especially since it looks like JN127 appears to put the focus back on Cinderace.

At least there is almost no chance of this being dubbed in English, but still, three clip episodes in the span of two months? What the **** is going on in the production?

All I can hope that this is not the case, especially since it looks like JN127 appears to put the focus back on Cinderace.
Didnt think ofbit, but yeah.. it will be nice if it will focus on current aceburn who disapeared and no one believe Ash's words "Aceburn is counting on you" should affect Lucario.

Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

A suspicious shadow is sneaking up on Go's Smartphone Rotom in the hotel room he and Satoshi are staying at. We'll be shedding light on the info on Go's Pokémon and the top secret data on Project Mew contained within?!

Summary:
A suspicious shadow is sneaking up on Go's Smartphone Rotom in the hotel room he and Satoshi are staying at in Shoot City in the Galar region... We'll be shedding light on the info on Go's Pokémon and the top secret data on Project Mew contained within?! In addition, the radio show "A Blaze Kick After School" will be doing a special on childhood friends!!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu

Summary:
A suspicious shadow is sneaking up on Go's Smartphone Rotom in the hotel room he and Satoshi are staying at in Shoot City in the Galar region... We'll be shedding light on the info on Go's Pokémon and the top secret data on Project Mew contained within?! In addition, the radio show "A Blaze Kick After School" will be doing a special on childhood friends!!
What's this "suspicious shadow" supposed to be? Also good god. Yet another boring ass clip show, and on the character in this series I care about the least to boot. Hooray.........:cautious:
I don't thats what they mean...
I believe it was a joke.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom