• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN127: Go and Aceburn! The Place of Beginnings!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the show has the budget to show Eternatus actually battling whether is in 2D or CGI.
Really? How limited is their budget? Because back in the BW/XY days, they didn't seem to have nearly as many budget constraints (If they actually do have budget issues now,) when it came to animation. I seem to recall people saying they decided it wasn't worth it to spend that kind of money on the Pokemon anime's animation any longer after XY ended. If that is indeed the case, then they're all just a bunch of cheapskates. They must have the extra money to spend on this, right? (Do they?) Why not go the extra mile to make a good-looking finished product? Sure, it might cost a little more, but isn't it worth it if it's remembered with fondness?

I don't think it's fair to say that about Goh. I understand that is your opinion on his character and story, which is fine, but that isn't a fact or how everyone feels about his character.
In hindsight I wish he never caught that Suicune because that’s the exact point where discussion and opinions on Goh went from sorta mixed to near universally loathed and it NEVER recovered, discussion for a Goh fan has been pretty miserable ever since lol

I figured Gou would get a Legendary at some point and I'm actually a bit surprised so many people were shocked by Suicune; as I've noted before, Ash's major co-star companions success often seems to be linked to his success (see: Dawn the runner up in her very first Grand Festival), and it was likely from pretty early on in JN that Ash was going to defeat at least one regional champion, with a Legendary capture being the closest equivalent for Gou's goal.

(Yes, that means that if Ash beats Leon I think Gou may well either capture Mew or get to a situation where he could but chooses not to).

I figured Gou would get a Legendary at some point and I'm actually a bit surprised so many people were shocked by Suicune; as I've noted before, Ash's major co-star companions success often seems to be linked to his success (see: Dawn the runner up in her very first Grand Festival), and it was likely from pretty early on in JN that Ash was going to defeat at least one regional champion, with a Legendary capture being the closest equivalent for Gou's goal.

(Yes, that means that if Ash beats Leon I think Gou may well either capture Mew or get to a situation where he could but chooses not to).
The problem is that Ash had to work his way up over multiple series to get to the point he’s currently at. In comparison, Goh catching Suicune happened extremely early into his journey. Goh caught a Suicune before Ash got the Volcanio Badge in the original series, and Ash’s only fully evolved Pokémon on-hand at the time was a disobedient Charizard that didn’t even trust him yet. Goh’s feats are simply ridiculous, even when compared to Ash’s other friends when they were first starting out.

In hindsight I wish he never caught that Suicune because that’s the exact point where discussion and opinions on Goh went from sorta mixed to near universally loathed and it NEVER recovered, discussion for a Goh fan has been pretty miserable ever since lol
Honestly, I'd say it's been miserable for Goh fans pretty much from the moment he started his catching spree. His reception seemed more than mixed to me, but I'm probably remembering some of the more intense backlash during Journeys' first year. The Suicune capture was probably a breaking point for a lot of people, but people had been painting Goh as a villain long before that happened. It certainly didn't help with Goh's reception among fans here, but it was already pretty bad by that point.

The problem is that Ash had to work his way up over multiple series to get to the point he’s currently at. In comparison, Goh catching Suicune happened extremely early into his journey. Goh caught a Suicune before Ash got the Volcanio Badge in the original series, and Ash’s only fully evolved Pokémon on-hand at the time was a disobedient Charizard that didn’t even trust him yet. Goh’s feats are simply ridiculous, even when compared to Ash’s other friends when they were first starting out.
Considering how I feel about Ash's Journeys team and the PWC in general, it's hard to really see it as the culmination of Ash's hard work through multiple series, at least for me. I wouldn't say it's inaccurate, but it doesn't really give off that impression to me. I can understand the issue of Goh getting too successful too fast, but there are a couple of reasons why the Suicune capture never bothered me. If Ash was the one who had saved and bonded with Suicune instead, there would have been a more positive reception towards the capture. Yes, Ash is more experienced than Goh, but that is irrelevant. Goh's compassion and desire to protect Suicune was the reason it decided to stay captured. Being more experienced or less experienced doesn't really factor into this. The fact that Suicune was the one who ultimately decided to stay captured when Goh was planning on releasing it also helps. It shows that he never planned on keeping Suicune. He just wanted to protect it from the hunters.

At this point, Suicune is also probably one of the lower tiers of Legendary Pokemon. I love Suicune. It's easily one of my favorite Legendary Pokemon and it is still strong, but compared to a lot of other Legendary Pokemon introduced in later generations, it isn't uber powerful. If Goh had captured some of the Legendary Pokemon that are practically deities like Dialga, Xernes, etc., I think that would be a different story, but I think a Suicune is in an in-between state. It is more powerful than most regular Pokemon would be, but it isn't so incredibly overpowered at the same time.

Honestly, I'd say it's been miserable for Goh fans pretty much from the moment he started his catching spree. His reception seemed more than mixed to me, but I'm probably remembering some of the more intense backlash during Journeys' first year. The Suicune capture was probably a breaking point for a lot of people, but people had been painting Goh as a villain long before that happened. It certainly didn't help with Goh's reception among fans here, but it was already pretty bad by that point.
I admit I'm embarassed about sharing some of the jokes during the first year or so; I thought the whole "Gou was a Sith" thing was meant along the same lines as my joking a few times that Ash is a vampire or some of the jokes I've had in person with my brother but never posted online; but over time it became more clear some of that was intended to be criticism that was only thought of as a slight exaggeration so I backed away.

At this point, Suicune is also probably one of the lower tiers of Legendary Pokemon. I love Suicune. It's easily one of my favorite Legendary Pokemon and it is still strong, but compared to a lot of other Legendary Pokemon introduced in later generations, it isn't uber powerful. If Goh had captured some of the Legendary Pokemon that are practically deities like Dialga, Xernes, etc., I think that would be a different story, but I think a Suicune is in an in-between state. It is more powerful than most regular Pokemon would be, but it isn't so incredibly overpowered at the same time.
Yeah, gamewise Suicune actually has worse stats than Dragonite or such, and anime-wise the power of Legendary Pokémon is incredibly inconsistent.

Considering how I feel about Ash's Journeys team and the PWC in general, it's hard to really see it as the culmination of Ash's hard work through multiple series, at least for me. I wouldn't say it's inaccurate, but it doesn't really give off that impression to me. I can understand the issue of Goh getting too successful too fast, but there are a couple of reasons why the Suicune capture never bothered me. If Ash was the one who had saved and bonded with Suicune instead, there would have been a more positive reception towards the capture. Yes, Ash is more experienced than Goh, but that is irrelevant. Goh's compassion and desire to protect Suicune was the reason it decided to stay captured. Being more experienced or less experienced doesn't really factor into this. The fact that Suicune was the one who ultimately decided to stay captured when Goh was planning on releasing it also helps. It shows that he never planned on keeping Suicune. He just wanted to protect it from the hunters.

The bolded statement proves my point. It would be better recieved if Ash caught Suicune instead because he’s already seen multiple legendaries across the anime’s history. Ash would’ve worked his way up throughout multiple generations to achieve a moment like that, just like he did with catching a Mythical in Meltan in Sun & Moon. But even then, I’m just not a fan of the idea of Suicune being caught to begin with, much less of the idea of not battling and weakening it first. Catching a Pokémon means ownership of it, and it’s jarring that Suicune choose to excuse itself and roam the wild, even though other trainers like Brandon and Tobias are freely allowed to keep their legendaries on-hand. It’s different from other Pokémon like Squirtle and Goodra, where Ash decided to release them, but kept their Pokeballs in case he ever needed them again. Goh has no narrative reason to keep Suicune if it’s just going to continue doing what it always did.

If the episode was just about Goh bonding with Suicune, instead of also catching it, I feel it would’ve been received better. The only reason Goh caught it in the first place was because Suicune was stuck in a net. If he used Scyther to cut the net and the rest of the episode played out the same way, it would have still been an interesting Goh episode narratively. However, the capture doesn’t grow Goh’s character in any way outside of increasing his Pokédex number. This is the core problem on why catching Suicune is just bad. If Ash caught Suicune instead, it also wouldn’t really narratively grow his character. However, if he was allowed to keep Suicune on-hand, it would give him a strong and cheap ace to use in his Pokémon World Championship battles. Yes, I hate the idea of Ash relying Suicune for his wins, even despise it, but it’s still better than being caught by Goh for solely collective purposes.

Other legendaries and mythicals were able to have reoccuring roles in the anime without being caught either. Ho-oh appeared multiple times narratively since episode 1. Meloetta briefly accompanies Ash in Unova without Ash ever wanting to catch it. Shaymin accompanied Mallow as a gift from her mother, and also never caught it. So I really don’t understand why Suicune can’t just be a character that supports Goh and nothing more. You haven’t given me a good reason on why Goh capturing Suicune was requried, because your post just discusses how he took care of Suicune and protected it instead. You don’t have to catch a Pokémon to do any of those things. We’ve seen examples of it multiple times throughout the anime’s history, like with May and Swablu, Bonnie and Tyrantrum, and Ash and Wimpod.

Also, the idea of Suicune being a “lower tier of legendary Pokémon” is an incredibly weak argument. Why does it matter how strong a legendary is? At the time of Suicune’s introduction, there were only 11 legendaries, which is pretty elisive out of a total of 251 Pokémon. On top of that, it is the box art mascot of Crystal version, which already makes it very important to Pokémon’s history. Later generations having stronger legendaries doesn’t really matter, because a legendary in the anime’s universe is still a big deal. For example, the Regis are probably some of the worst legendaries competitively. But Brandon’s are incredibly strong, and are able to destroy Paul’s team. We even see Articuno destroying everyone in a raid battle in Journeys recently, and you could also say it’s a “lower tier of legendary Pokémon” and existed before a lot of the later legendaries did. I’m sorry, but that last point just makes absolutely no sense to me, and is outright an unfair argument.

The bolded statement proves my point. It would be better recieved if Ash caught Suicune instead because he’s already seen multiple legendaries across the anime’s history. Ash would’ve worked his way up throughout multiple generations to achieve a moment like that, just like he did with catching a Mythical in Meltan in Sun & Moon. But even then, I’m just not a fan of the idea of Suicune being caught to begin with, much less of the idea of not battling and weakening it first. Catching a Pokémon means ownership of it, and it’s jarring that Suicune choose to excuse itself and roam the wild, even though other trainers like Brandon and Tobias are freely allowed to keep their legendaries on-hand. It’s different from other Pokémon like Squirtle and Goodra, where Ash decided to release them, but kept their Pokeballs in case he ever needed them again. Goh has no narrative reason to keep Suicune if it’s just going to continue doing what it always did.
I think that you missed my point or I wasn't clear enough. If Ash did exactly the same things that Goh did when capturing Suicune, I don't think that people would be upset over it. My point was that I think some people were more harsh about it because it was about Goh. Ash would not get that kind of backlash. People would use Ash's experience as a way to justify it or make it feel more valid out of universe, but that is irrelevant. Experience had nothing to do why Goh caught Suicune, so it just seems pointless. Ash catching a Legendary Pokemon would not feel more earned jut because he saw them through multiple series. Ash catching Melmetal was also not a sign of Ash's growth through the course of multiple series. He caught it because it became friends with Rowlet. That was the primary reason behind its capture at least.

If the episode was just about Goh bonding with Suicune, instead of also catching it, I feel it would’ve been received better. The only reason Goh caught it in the first place was because Suicune was stuck in a net. If he used Scyther to cut the net and the rest of the episode played out the same way, it would have still been an interesting Goh episode narratively. However, the capture doesn’t grow Goh’s character in any way outside of increasing his Pokédex number. This is the core problem on why catching Suicune is just bad. If Ash caught Suicune instead, it also wouldn’t really narratively grow his character. However, if he was allowed to keep Suicune on-hand, it would give him a strong and cheap ace to use in his Pokémon World Championship battles. Yes, I hate the idea of Ash relying Suicune for his wins, even despise it, but it’s still better than being caught by Goh for solely collective purposes.
I'm pretty sure that Goh caught Suicune because it was getting weaker from the poison. It wasn't because it was stuck in a net. Admittedly, I think that they could have spent more time showing how weak it was from the poison so that the situation would feel more dire, but I still think it generally works in spite of that. I think it's rather harsh to say that about Goh's character, but I'm not surprised for a few reasons. I think it shows how Goh has become more compassionate, empathetic and confident over the course of the series. The Goh caring for Suicune, understanding its feelings and giving space to recover is not the same Goh who brushed off Scorbunny's feelings when it couldn't learn Ember for example. He was able to take charge of the situation and with both Ash and Suicune's help, defeated the poachers. It may not be huge development all things considered, but I don't think it's nothing or accurate to say that it did nothing for Goh besides increasing his Pokedex entry.

I have a hard time believing that people would be happy with Ash using a Legendary Pokemon in the PWC or that it would be used effectively for that matter given how Ash's team has been handled in this series.

Other legendaries and mythicals were able to have reoccuring roles in the anime without being caught either. Ho-oh appeared multiple times narratively since episode 1. Meloetta briefly accompanies Ash in Unova without Ash ever wanting to catch it. Shaymin accompanied Mallow as a gift from her mother, and also never caught it. So I really don’t understand why Suicune can’t just be a character that supports Goh and nothing more. You haven’t given me a good reason on why Goh capturing Suicune was requried, because your post just discusses how he took care of Suicune and protected it instead. You don’t have to catch a Pokémon to do any of those things. We’ve seen examples of it multiple times throughout the anime’s history, like with May and Swablu, Bonnie and Tyrantrum, and Ash and Wimpod.
Ho-oh is more of a plot device and Shaymin might not be the best example of a good way to use Legendary Pokemon either considering that it was basically something for Mallow to hold in her arms.

To be clear, I'm really not a fan of this confrontational tone with the whole "you haven't given me a good reason" bit. That may not have been your intent, but it comes off as a bit rude to me when all I was doing before was explaining why Goh catching Suicune did not bother me. I did not want to turn this into yet another long discussion on why Goh is the worst thing ever or even get into a long debate about this episode. Disagreeing with me is not the issue. It's the whole "you have to give me a good reason" implication that rubs me the wrong way and why I don't plan on continuing this discussion after this post. That and it's probably borderline off-topic with this thread. I will say that while there are other examples of characters helping Pokemon without catching them to do so, I think that the situation with Suicune was different. Even if they had freed it from the nets, it was still poisoned and too weak to escape on its own. Catching it gave them the chance to get it safely away from the hunters before they could get it and run off. Like I said, I think that they could have done more to show how dire the situation was before getting to that point, but given the situation, they did not have the luxury of time to help Suicune.

Also, the idea of Suicune being a “lower tier of legendary Pokémon” is an incredibly weak argument. Why does it matter how strong a legendary is? At the time of Suicune’s introduction, there were only 11 legendaries, which is pretty elisive out of a total of 251 Pokémon. On top of that, it is the box art mascot of Crystal version, which already makes it very important to Pokémon’s history. Later generations having stronger legendaries doesn’t really matter, because a legendary in the anime’s universe is still a big deal. For example, the Regis are probably some of the worst legendaries competitively. But Brandon’s are incredibly strong, and are able to destroy Paul’s team. We even see Articuno destroying everyone in a raid battle in Journeys recently, and you could also say it’s a “lower tier of legendary Pokémon” and existed before a lot of the later legendaries did. I’m sorry, but that last point just makes absolutely no sense to me, and is outright an unfair argument.
It matters because they aren't giving Goh an overpowered Pokemon on a silver plate. Suicune's importance to the franchise's history isn't really relevant here either. Yes, Legendary Pokemon are still a big deal in and out of universe. I'm not saying that they aren't. I'm saying that because they've introduced far more powerful and imposing Legendary Pokemon, catching a Suicune just seems less like a big deal than it would have been in the second or third generations.

To be clear, I'm not saying that Suicune is weak or that Legendary Pokemon from the earlier generations are weak. I'm saying that it's hard to make them seem uber powerful compared to Pokemon that represent time and space, life and death, etc., so Goh catching a Suicune just doesn't really seem like anything to get worked up about. Like I mentioned before, it's kind of in an in-between state. It should be more powerful than most regular Pokemon by the virtue of being a Legendary Pokemon, but it isn't so uber powerful that it's basically a god that just roams around the Cerise lab whenever it feels like it. And since I don't care for the tone in this part of the response either, I'm done with this conversation.

I think that you missed my point or I wasn't clear enough. If Ash did exactly the same things that Goh did when capturing Suicune, I don't think that people would be upset over it. My point was that I think some people were more harsh about it because it was about Goh. Ash would not get that kind of backlash. People would use Ash's experience as a way to justify it or make it feel more valid out of universe, but that is irrelevant. Experience had nothing to do why Goh caught Suicune, so it just seems pointless. Ash catching a Legendary Pokemon would not feel more earned jut because he saw them through multiple series. Ash catching Melmetal was also not a sign of Ash's growth through the course of multiple series. He caught it because it became friends with Rowlet. That was the primary reason behind its capture at least.

I'm pretty sure that Goh caught Suicune because it was getting weaker from the poison. It wasn't because it was stuck in a net. Admittedly, I think that they could have spent more time showing how weak it was from the poison so that the situation would feel more dire, but I still think it generally works in spite of that. I think it's rather harsh to say that about Goh's character, but I'm not surprised for a few reasons. I think it shows how Goh has become more compassionate, empathetic and confident over the course of the series. The Goh caring for Suicune, understanding its feelings and giving space to recover is not the same Goh who brushed off Scorbunny's feelings when it couldn't learn Ember for example. He was able to take charge of the situation and with both Ash and Suicune's help, defeated the poachers. It may not be huge development all things considered, but I don't think it's nothing or accurate to say that it did nothing for Goh besides increasing his Pokedex entry.

I have a hard time believing that people would be happy with Ash using a Legendary Pokemon in the PWC or that it would be used effectively for that matter given how Ash's team has been handled in this series.

Ho-oh is more of a plot device and Shaymin might not be the best example of a good way to use Legendary Pokemon either considering that it was basically something for Mallow to hold in her arms.

To be clear, I'm really not a fan of this confrontational tone with the whole "you haven't given me a good reason" bit. That may not have been your intent, but it comes off as a bit rude to me when all I was doing before was explaining why Goh catching Suicune did not bother me. I did not want to turn this into yet another long discussion on why Goh is the worst thing ever or even get into a long debate about this episode. Disagreeing with me is not the issue. It's the whole "you have to give me a good reason" implication that rubs me the wrong way and why I don't plan on continuing this discussion after this post. That and it's probably borderline off-topic with this thread. I will say that while there are other examples of characters helping Pokemon without catching them to do so, I think that the situation with Suicune was different. Even if they had freed it from the nets, it was still poisoned and too weak to escape on its own. Catching it gave them the chance to get it safely away from the hunters before they could get it and run off. Like I said, I think that they could have done more to show how dire the situation was before getting to that point, but given the situation, they did not have the luxury of time to help Suicune.

It matters because they aren't giving Goh an overpowered Pokemon on a silver plate. Suicune's importance to the franchise's history isn't really relevant here either. Yes, Legendary Pokemon are still a big deal in and out of universe. I'm not saying that they aren't. I'm saying that because they've introduced far more powerful and imposing Legendary Pokemon, catching a Suicune just seems less like a big deal than it would have been in the second or third generations.

To be clear, I'm not saying that Suicune is weak or that Legendary Pokemon from the earlier generations are weak. I'm saying that it's hard to make them seem uber powerful compared to Pokemon that represent time and space, life and death, etc., so Goh catching a Suicune just doesn't really seem like anything to get worked up about. Like I mentioned before, it's kind of in an in-between state. It should be more powerful than most regular Pokemon by the virtue of being a Legendary Pokemon, but it isn't so uber powerful that it's basically a god that just roams around the Cerise lab whenever it feels like it. And since I don't care for the tone in this part of the response either, I'm done with this conversation.
I’ll agree to disagree then. I appreciate you taking the time to respond, and I’m sorry if I came off as condescending, because that was not my intention. I will say though that Suicune getting poisoned does not mean that it had to be caught with a Pokéball in order to escape. It could have been freed from the net in many different ways, it just makes Goh’s catching habit seem compulsive to me. There’s also the fact that a wild Suicune trusts a random stranger enough to let it be captured. I also disagree with Suicune seeming lesser than other legendaries, due to its ability to purify water, which is important for the Pokémon world’s ecosystem and something that almost no other Pokémon can do. That’s the reason it leaves Goh in the first place. But I digress. I made my points clear, you made your points clear, and we disagree with them, so that’s that.

Last edited:
It could have been freed from the net in many different ways
The hunters were keeping Ash and Goh away from Suicune, so they couldn't really do anything else.
There’s also the fact that a wild Suicune trusts a random stranger enough to let it be captured.
Suicune didn't trust Goh at first. It was simply low on stamina and poisoned, so it was easy to catch. Goh spent the rest of the episode earning Suicune's trust by helping it recover. And like HM said, he was much more considerate than at the start of the series. For example, he had his Raichu bring Suicune the berries it needed in order to maintain distance, as he had seen it not being ready to be close to him yet.
disagree with Suicune seeming lesser than other legendaries, due to its ability to purify water, which is important for the Pokémon world’s ecosystem and something that almost no other Pokémon can do.
It is lesser compared to the likes of Dialga, Ho-Oh, and Mewtwo. Basically, it's like how some stronger Legendary Pokémon are banned from most battle facilities, but weaker Legendaries like the Legendary beasts and Legendary birds are not. Sure it's got unique abilities, but some other Legendaries have even more formidable abilities, like Dialga's ability to control time.

The hunters were keeping Ash and Goh away from Suicune, so they couldn't really do anything else.

Suicune didn't trust Goh at first. It was simply low on stamina and poisoned, so it was easy to catch. Goh spent the rest of the episode earning Suicune's trust by helping it recover. And like HM said, he was much more considerate than at the start of the series. For example, he had his Raichu bring Suicune the berries it needed in order to maintain distance, as he had seen it not being ready to be close to him yet.

It is lesser compared to the likes of Dialga, Ho-Oh, and Mewtwo. Basically, it's like how some stronger Legendary Pokémon are banned from most battle facilities, but weaker Legendaries like the Legendary beasts and Legendary birds are not. Sure it's got unique abilities, but some other Legendaries have even more formidable abilities, like Dialga's ability to control time.
I’m dropping the topic to respect Hidden Mew’s wishes.

Turning the conversation back to the episode's supposed main plot, can I just say how appalled I am that we're at this point in the series and there's still more than a few Pokemon that haven't had animated debuts (and when I say animated, I mean like actually up close and moving instead of appearing far in the background as a still image). I would never have expected to be this close to the end and we're only now getting the debuts of Galarian Nyarth and Nyaiking.

One day, I hope someone behind the scenes at the anime tells us exactly what it was about Galar that made them decide it wasn't worth the focus.

One day, I hope someone behind the scenes at the anime tells us exactly what it was about Galar that made them decide it wasn't worth the focus.
I suspect it wasn't anything about Galar itself but simply the timing; the PWC occurring on the twenty fifth anniversary is unlike to be a coincidence.
The fact so many gen 8 Pokémon didn't get a good debut is strange even under that view though.

I suspect it wasn't anything about Galar itself but simply the timing; the PWC occurring on the twenty fifth anniversary is unlike to be a coincidence.
The fact so many gen 8 Pokémon didn't get a good debut is strange even under that view though.
What makes it even stranger is that at the start of the series, they stated that they wanted to show all the Pokémon only to proceed to not even try to come close. They stayed in Kanto for so long just showing us the same Pokémon over and over that it became mind boggling. Hell, we’re at the endgame and even Go, despite being a walking Pokémon Go advertisement, only has a single Sinnoh Pokémon. It really shows how they bit off more than they could chew. At that point, the priority should have been showing the Galar Pokémon as top priority and then all the others as secondary.

Tbh I have no idea how the anime staff are gonna end Journeys in a satisfactory way at this point. How exactly are they gonna do Ash vs Leon, Project Mew, AND an epilogue all in five episodes?

8de.png

That's the neat part, they won't.

(As in, either JN won't end in 5 episodes, or JN won't end satisfactorily)

What makes it even stranger is that at the start of the series, they stated that they wanted to show all the Pokémon only to proceed to not even try to come close. They stayed in Kanto for so long just showing us the same Pokémon over and over that it became mind boggling. Hell, we’re at the endgame and even Go, despite being a walking Pokémon Go advertisement, only has a single Sinnoh Pokémon. It really shows how they bit off more than they could chew. At that point, the priority should have been showing the Galar Pokémon as top priority and then all the others as secondary.
Honestly, showcasing nearly a thousand Pokemon over the course of a single series was a pretty big task. The production issues and the break early on when the pandemic began certainly didn't help, but I don't think that they could have pulled that off even if that didn't happen without having a lot of Pokemon as background fodder. Maybe it could have been manageable if they spent more time in different regions, but I think that was bigger goal than the anime could have reasonably pulled off.

Tbh I have no idea how the anime staff are gonna end Journeys in a satisfactory way at this point. How exactly are they gonna do Ash vs Leon, Project Mew, AND an epilogue all in five episodes?
Given the fast pace of the series and how I think that Project Mew will be wrapped up by Goh deciding to join it full time, I could see them covering that within a few episodes. It may not be satisfactory for a number of reasons, but I think it could be doable for better or for worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom