• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN127: Go and Aceburn! The Place of Beginnings!!

Feels like he wasn't even that interested in watching Ash's match in the first place.
That's kinda how it comes off, doesn't it? Like I said before, it's one of the reasons I don't consider Ash and Goh's friendship to be a very strong one. This is supposedly the friend Ash has been journeying around with all series, who hasn't missed a single one of Ash's major PWC battles till this point, and now he just up and leaves right before Ash's biggest, most important battle of them all.

That's kinda how it comes off, doesn't it? Like I said before, it's one of the reasons I don't consider Ash and Goh's friendship to be a very strong one. This is supposedly the friend Ash has been journeying around with all series, who hasn't missed a single one of Ash's major PWC battles till this point, and now he just up and leaves right before Ash's biggest, most important battle of them all.
Ngl this kinda feels like projecting because you have a chip on your shoulder for this character we have to interpret his goodbye as him not caring about Ash’s battle to make him look like some selfish jerk lol. It wasn’t his choice to leave and he’s not gonna ignore a call from the PM team after he worked his but off to get on the team, Ash knows how important this is to him and it just is what it is. Now one can find the out of universe reason for him leaving questionable as a writing descion but I really don’t see how this makes Goh out to be a bad friend at all

Ah, so Goh will not be here for the finals.

A surprising decision on the part of the producers, the first time that Ash's colleague leaves him before the end of the season and, in particular, before the most important match in the protagonist's life. From a human and realistic point of view, the event makes sense and is even logical (everyone has to follow their dreams and their own destiny). However, as an anime script, it is quite unique.

Curious to see what awaits us in the grand finale, although I believe that before the battle Goh should call or at least send a message to Ash.

Last edited:
I think it was good animated / written.. and got nothing to do with how much Goh would NOT prefer to watch the final round or be there for Ash. I liked their reactions for the situation, them both.

But it was a realy bad decision. Like what the hell was the rush? You can make a clip and then an episode with all the right stuff for the departue so why not showing it just after the final?

I realy wish it was a farwell and not something else...

I think it was good animated / written.. and got nothing to do with how much Goh would NOT prefer to watch the final round or be there for Ash. I liked their reactions for the situation, them both.

But it was a realy bad decision. Like what the hell was the rush? You can make a clip and then an episode with all the right stuff for the departue so why not showing it just after the final?

I realy wish it was a farwell and not something else...
Things like that happen in real life.

I doubt that this is Goh's final episode, there's still the Project Mew climax and not even the Journeys writers can screw that up by not even doing it. The last episode we know of at this point is JN131, the third part of the Ash vs Leon fight, and no series so far has ended on a League battle episode. There's always a big farewell episode to at least see out the last region Ash travelled if not to also transition into the next region and series.

Has the conclusion date of the Journeys series been confirmed, or the start of the SV series?

I doubt that this is Goh's final episode, there's still the Project Mew climax and not even the Journeys writers can screw that up by not even doing it. The last episode we know of at this point is JN131, the third part of the Ash vs Leon fight, and no series so far has ended on a League battle episode. There's always a big farewell episode to at least see out the last region Ash travelled if not to also transition into the next region and series.

Has the conclusion date of the Journeys series been confirmed, or the start of the SV series?

Donno, I wouldn't call the episode as a non-farewell... sure it is not 100%, but the fact he is called to the mission at the same day of the final would not make enough time to meet again realistically.... * unless they are:
1. Jumping ahead just to conclude both of their goals.:wynaut:
2. Keeping Goh around as a character :lapras::confused:
3. Not ending just yet, as they planned a Project Mew arc (showing what happened during / after the battle) :cool::coffee:

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom