• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN127: Go and Aceburn! The Place of Beginnings!!

Then by all means, show me scenes of Eternatus hanging out at Sakuragi Park, or Go spending any time with it after capturing it to give to Magnolia
Ash doesn't hang out with Squirtle that much either, and yet it's still undoubtedly his. Not hanging out with it doesn't mean he doesn't own it.
And that's really the fatal flaw of this episode; it's not a great endpoint for Goh, the departure doesen't really carry much of any weight like the past ones because not only is it far too sudden, but the episode didn't really feel like it was meant to be the finale of Goh's character like I said it should have been about Goh reflecting on all of his progress for his goal and how he's come since he started out. They do a bit of that, but not enough. Their "goodbye" isn't even much of a goodbye, Goh just says "Hey I have project Mew stuff so I can't watch ur battle" and Ash is like "K" like really? So overall this was a pretty underwhelming departure for Goh, It just could have been a lot better.
This is not necessarily the last time they meet in this series.

This is not necessarily the last time they meet in this series.
I said in my edit that Goh could possibly return. So, this episode might not be his last appearance. But still, you'd think Goh leaving Ash for project mew would have some weight to it but...it really doesen't, for reasons I already explained. Maybe if Goh reappears in JN131 or something I'll change my mind.

Last edited:
Ash doesn't hang out with Squirtle that much either, and yet it's still undoubtedly his. Not hanging out with it doesn't mean he doesn't own it.
People consider Squirtle Ash's Because it was on his team for 135 episodes before leaving. And even then, it rejoined his team on occasions. Eternatus is like the Beedrill Ash caught, it was given away. Eternatus at this point, can be considered as Leon's pokemon since Goh gave it to him.

People consider Squirtle Ash's Because it was on his team for 135 episodes before leaving. And even then, it rejoined his team on occasions. Eternatus is like the Beedrill Ash caught, it was given away. Eternatus at this point, can be considered as Leon's pokemon since Goh gave it to him.
Yes, I think most people believe that it is Leon's now. But people are debating about whether Eternatus was ever Goh's.

Yes, I think most people believe that it is Leon's now. But people are debating about whether Eternatus was ever Goh's.
That kinda why I did the Beedrill comparison. I simply don't consider Beedrill as being Ash's pokemon just like I don't really consider Eternatus as Goh's. Both we simply temporary captures that were given to someone almost immediately after their capture.

Yea, the way that the plot framed things, it was akin to the Ultra Guardians with the Ultra Beasts; they were captured for the point of stopping them and handed over to Aether Foundation to send them back to their home. With Eternatus, it wasn’t captured for the sake of owning it but to stop it and was promptly turned over to Professor Magnolia to be sealed away. Hell, the fact that Leon had a hand in taming it, he has much more right to it than Go, who you know the writers only had be the one to technically catch it so he could get the dex entry since that’s his goal. It’s basically the difference between a parent who had a kid but then proceeded to have nothing to do with them and the step-parent who actually raised them. Which are you gonna say is deserving to be called the parent?

That kinda why I did the Beedrill comparison. I simply don't consider Beedrill as being Ash's pokemon just like I don't really consider Eternatus as Goh's. Both we simply temporary captures that were given to someone almost immediately after their capture.
Lack of interaction or time of possession doesn't remove the fact that it was still caught by him and owned by him. He didn't give its ownership to Magnolia.

Lack of interaction or time of possession doesn't remove the fact that it was still caught by him and owned by him. He didn't give its ownership to Magnolia.
Catching and owning are two different things. To me owning a pokemon means it has to be under your care at some point for a period of time. Eternatus has spent most of its time seal away under Magnolia's care. Key word is sealed away. Goh had no access to it. And the moment he did, it was given to Leon. By my views, Goh never owned it. He was never Eternatus' trainer.

Sooo Goh is out? Just like that?

… Damnit Journeys, you made me so indifferent to this kid that I can’t even be happy about that.
While I doubt it, given how Journeys has written the completion of some of its plots, it wouldn’t surprise me if this is really it.

While I doubt it, given how Journeys has written the completion of some of its plots, it wouldn’t surprise me if this is really it.
If this really is Goh's departure from the series (and I somehow doubt that it is,) then two things. First, I won't be sad to see him go, and second, his goodbye (if this it,) would easily be the worst traveling companion goodbye ever, topping even Iris and Cilan's terrible derparture, because at least they told Ash during the episode they'd soon be leaving. (I'm not saying it was a good farewell, it was still awful.) But with Goh, he'll be just taking off at the end of an episode and kind of out of nowhere.

I still have my suspicions about things. My guess is we'll actually see Ash and his team on the brink of defeat, and THAT is when the track Weakness will play, until Goh shows up and reveals he got a cheering section for Ash comprised of former traveling companions. Then it gives Ash the motivation to continue. This goodbye just doesn't feel final, as much as I want it to be.

Last edited:
Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape go away and cry in a corner somewhere lol
Im not saying he is the best option ;) ,but Gninja is the only one will be believable can get into the final round without the need of any training with Ash. And it is a realy messed up situation if Leon will unleash Eternatus.

For all the others, sure it will be a shocker if Gninja will be there, not gonna happen. I just argued this show got almost no outs here. Ash winning will be a realy bad call if he is playin his current 6 against the world champion who no one can compete with. And now he owns a beast pokemon who outplayed Leon himself, so it is prob the best new ace if they keep training ..

Im not saying he is the best option ;) ,but Gninja is the only one will be believable can get into the final round without the need of any training with Ash.
Ash has other powerhouses who have also gone through extensive training. Some of them have taken down Legendaries. And it's really only Eternatus's Eternamax form that's truly overpowered.

Why is everyone saying this was Gohan departure ep?
You meant Goh, right? And as for why everyone's saying that, it's, if you ask me, for a couple of reasons. First, him leaving Ash right before a supposedly huge event, that obviously being Ash's finals battle with Leon. Second, and this is my opinion, those flashbacks of how he first met Cinderace and Inteleon seemed a little suspicious too, as was the very flashbacky nature of the episode (that being the focus was on the place where Goh first met Cinderace.)

Last edited:
Even if they attacked in groups or whatever, I appreciate they went with an all-out 6v9 battle. It's hard to make things uninteresting that way. It's an ok breather episode but Goh's departure near the end was obviously way too sudden and rushed. Feels like he wasn't even that interested in watching Ash's match in the first place.

Shoutouts to Team Rocket for acknowledging they haven't been blasted off in who knows for how long.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom