• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN127: Go and Aceburn! The Place of Beginnings!!

Ah, so Goh will not be here for the finals.
Welp, Ash is gonna lose now because his loving partn... Uhh I mean friend isn't there to support him.

But don't worry cause Hop'll be there... cheering for Leon since he has no one to bounce off of now.

What a rush episode, especially with the debut of remaining Galar region of Pokemon including the Galarian variant of Meowth and of course Perrserker from Team Rocket Vending machine.. Also, this might the last episode with Ash. Before, he finally heading back for Project Mew mission. Goh, Cinderace and Inteleon flashback when they met. Now, the climatic have finally begun. Godspeed.

Overall rating: A -

Full VA list courtesy of Adamant

Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Risa Shimizu: Kusune
Kei Shindo: Kusune
Sayaka Senbongi: Kusune
Shogo Sakata: Inteleon
Daisuke Ono: Dande
Marina Inoue: Sonia
Shoko Tsuda: Magnolia
Katsuhisa Hoki: Scone salesman
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

This episode definitely suffers from whatever is happening behind the scenes at the anime right now. Had this aired as it had meant to, between the end of Satoshi vs Shirona and the beginning of Satoshi vs Dande then it would have been a nice little breather episode with some really nice callbacks. Instead, sandwiched as it is between a clip show and a week's break before yet another clip show, it just feels like the show is wasting time and now everyone is frustrated as it feels like they're never gonna get to the fireworks factory.

It was nice that Team Rocket actually got to be Team Rocket this week with a scheme to steal some Pokémon (just because they're podcasters now doesn't mean they have to give up the day job). Naturally they sabotaged themselves as after stealing Kusune instead of just sending them back to base they hang out for a while eating (which reminds me... where the hell was Morpeko this week). Weird that Team Rocket didn't try to catch the Galar Nyarth and Nyaiking as well. Given all the trouble they were causing around the city I'd have thought the residents would be glad to see the back of them.

Pokemon debuts galore this week, as the writers decide to show us a ton of Pokémon that haven't appeared yet and don't have time to actually do anything with. I hate that interesting Pokémon like Ishihengin are brought out like this just to stand around and be felled by a single attack. Also, it seems the Rocket Gatcha only works with a single Nyarth charm once in a while... not sure why, it's not like the charm retains credits or anything.

When Foxly caught the Gatcha I thought for a second that all the Pokémon inside were going to be released... but nope, they just let it go and it scurries away with the numerous Pokémon still imprisoned while Satoshi and Go laugh.

So Go won't be around for the battle against Dande... gotta admit, I didn't see that coming. Guess we're doing Project Mew after all (given all the slowdowns, I'm now thinking the Scarlet Violet anime won't be starting when the games are released). I wonder what this is going to mean for Hop in the crowd. Is he going to be talking to himself the whole time about how Pokémon attacks and types work?

Well this was the best of the clip shows I suppose…

It’s saddening that I just want Journeys to end… How quickly we can move from the euphoria of Ash vs Cynthia - was this the big full circle character development moment for Goh and Cinderace that it though it would be?

Well this was the best of the clip shows I suppose…

It’s saddening that I just want Journeys to end… How quickly we can move from the euphoria of Ash vs Cynthia - was this the big full circle character development moment for Goh and Cinderace that it though it would be?
It wasn't actually a clip show, mostly new footage with flashbacks

I feel like this episode should have happened much earlier when Cinderace was still freshly evolved. It gradually fading into the background in favor of Inteleon and Grookey after that would have made much more sense.

Leon better not use Eternatus in the finals, that would be a massive dick move.
Why are Team Rocket trying to steal Pikachu again? I thought they were cheering for Ash.... Plus, if Ash becomes the champion then his Pokemon will massively increase in value, so they should've just waited until after the Master Class.
I think it was always obvious Ash and Goh were gonna split up before the end of the series.

I'll be honest, on seeing Team Rocket blasting off after the Prize Master got pinched by the Thievul, I thought it had been left behind to be confiscated by the police but no, it actually moved off its own accord

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom