• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN129: The Finals I: "Torrent"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

View attachment 164045

The position as number 1 is at stake! The Pokémon World Championships Masters Tournament FINALS IS SATOSHI VS DANDE!!

The tournament that has been filled with fierce fights, and which the position as the greatest at Pokémon battling is at stake, has at last reached the finals! Who will ultimately win? Will it be Satoshi? Or will it be Dande?

SATOSHI:
Completely novel ideas?! Will Satoshi get the victory of his dreams using "Satoshi strategies"?
Satoshi's Pokémon battling always makes use of completely novel ideas where you never know what's going to happen! If he nails his trademark Satoshi-style strategies in the critical moment, can he even beat Dande...?!

Surprising ideas turn trouble into chances for victory!
Satoshi has quickly gotten out of countless troublesome situations by using moves in ways that shocked absolutely everyone. These are all unconventional strategies he's able to use precisely because of his strong mutual bond with his Pokémon!

*Controlling the electricity from 1 Million Volt Thunderbolt at will!
*Knocking back rocks with Iron Tail!
*Spinning around while firing off Thunderbolt!
*Destroying Stealth Rock with Negigaknight's shield!
(captions here are illegible)

DANDE:
This is the power of the reigning champ! He's overwhelmed everyone in the battles on his way to the finals!
Dande is completely undefeated in official matches, and is so strong that this has held true for his matches against the formidable opponents in the Masters Tournament as well. Will he also be able to show Satoshi the power of the reigning champ?!

Dande's Pokémon are all at ace-tier strength!!
Dande has only used 3 Pokémon thus far! No matter which Pokémon he sends out, it won't be easily defeated!
(illegible blurb)

----------

A DIGEST OF SATOSHI AND DANDE'S BATTLES THUS FAR
Let us showcase how Satoshi and Dande have fought so far, and which of their Pokémon you should keep an eye on!

SATOSHI:

ROUND 1: VS DAIGO
Though Uonoragon got defeated, Satoshi passed the first round thanks to Gangar landing one victory and Pikachu landing two!
*Gangar won over Bossgodora with "Will-O-Wisp", which inflicts the Burned condition on the opponent!
*Pikachu landed the finishing blow with "Iron Tail" after stopping the opponent in place with "1 Million Volt Thunderbolt"!

SEMIFINALS: VS SHIRONA
Satoshi was in trouble after Pikachu got defeated by Shirona's Mikaruge's "Destiny Bond"! However, his Mega Evolved fought hard and managed to defeat both Togekiss and Gablias in succession! This amazing turnabout resulted in advancing to the finals!
*Negigaknight demonstrated its willpower while cornered by Shirona's attacks!
*Lucario fought valiantly against the Daimaxed Togekiss and Shirona's ace Gablias!!

THE POKÉMON OF SATOSHI'S YOU SHOULD KEEP AN EYE ON: MEGA LUCARIO
*Lucario has a special bond with Satoshi through the power of wave guidance. They are truly one in body and soul (rest is cut off)
I appreciate the information, but I think it's hypocritical and unfair that you criticized me a few days ago for posting an image that's too large when you just did the same thing. I don't mean to be confrontational, but it just comes off as rude to me when I made an effort to fix the image in my earlier post based on your feedback and apologized for it, and then you go on to do the very thing you criticized. No hard feelings regardless. Thanks again for sharing the information though.

EDIT: I’m going to take a short break from Bulbagarden Forums until this episode airs. I don’t feel very welcome on these forums lately, and all of the negativity surrounding the Masters Eight and the clip shows is really getting to me. I’ll see you all in three weeks from now once I’ve calmed down.

Last edited:
I found the below left image of Ash's upcoming battle with Leon on Twitter too, and how it was compared to a similar image of Ash's battle with Kukui. (And whaddaya know, both battles feature a fully evolved Grass type and Fire type Starter owned by Ash's opponent, and a Lucario as well. (Only this time, it's Ash's.) Oh, and even stranger? The starters owned by Ash's opponent both come from the most recent generation and Generation 1. Weird. :oops:
Champion time.jpg
1664477538638.png

Last edited:
I'm hoping this battle will be good but with all the production problems plaguing this particular series I'm somewhat concerned that it may not or will not deliver or even come close to the last big battle which was Kukui's back in Alola.

Also I'm hoping the ending isn't Mega Lucario vs Charizard as that's gonna be a sure-fire way to let people know that it's the end of the road for Ash in the Masters 8. If you think about it when most regional aces get a massive huge win in the league/tournament/whatever, they don't get another one afterwards.

Charizard won the battle against Gary, but got kicked about by Harrison's Blaziken.
Infernape won against Paul and went out in a blaze of glory by not participating in Tobias's battle.
Greninja defeated Sawyer but got BLASTO BUUURNED by Alain.
Even good ol' Lycanroc went down first in Kukui's battle and he was the good doggo that handed Ash the big Alola league win.

I'm hoping this battle will be good but with all the production problems plaguing this particular series I'm somewhat concerned that it may not or will not deliver or even come close to the last big battle which was Kukui's back in Alola.

Also I'm hoping the ending isn't Mega Lucario vs Charizard as that's gonna be a sure-fire way to let people know that it's the end of the road for Ash in the Masters 8. If you think about it when most regional aces get a massive huge win in the league/tournament/whatever, they don't get another one afterwards.

Charizard won the battle against Gary, but got kicked about by Harrison's Blaziken.
Infernape won against Paul and went out in a blaze of glory by not participating in Tobias's battle.
Greninja defeated Sawyer but got BLASTO BUUURNED by Alain.
Even good ol' Lycanroc went down first in Kukui's battle and he was the good doggo that handed Ash the big Alola league win.
Yes but unlike Greninja Pikachu will finish Charizard

It's possible Lucario will break that trend (and the one that all of Ash's major victories have been Pikachu), but...
Really, I think the main things making me think Ash has a chance are that:
*Leon is from the games and the whole point of his character is rendered obsolete if he wins.
*We know they're trying to go viral on the internet and a quick look at the previous two series' shows what goes over better between Ash losing to his main rival and Ash winning.
*He's JN's climax rival: introduced early on and set up as the main rival quickly. Ash has never failed to beat those guys--Alain was a weird hybrid.

Sometimes the only winning move is not to play.

Last edited:
I think it's a little bit weird that we're making a preview thread for JN129 when we haven't gotten a preview for JN128.

But anyway, I'm hoping this battle would at least deliver and make the dumpster fire that is Journeys' final season worth it. After all the clip shows, sluggish battles and animation, and constant controversies left and right, let's hope that Journeys will redeem itself at the last minute.

More information courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

92wvw3X.jpg

LET'S BATTLE AT FULL THROTTLE AND WITH ALL OUR MIGHT!
Throughout their adventures thus far, Satoshi and Dande have grown close enough they're practically friends. The dream match between these two Pokémon battle lovers finally begins! Make sure not to miss this!!

DANDE:
LET'S GIVE THEM THE BEST BATTLE EVER!

LIZARDON:
It showed off its Kyodaimax in the match against Carne, but its true power is apparently far beyond that?! We expect it to go all out!

DORAPULT:
It appeared in the match against Carne as well, though we still don't know how strong it is. As its species name "Stealth Pokémon" suggests, it's an elusive opponent!

GORIRANDER:
Gorirander even Kyodaimaxed in the match against Alan. Can it beat out the rhythm of victory on its stump drums?

SATOSHI:
EVERYONE, LEND US YOUR STRENGTH!

UNONORAGON:
(illegible description)

NEGIGAKNIGHT:
It heads into battle with a knight's honor of valiantly facing any opponent without faltering that it inherited from Satoshi.

PIKACHU:
It has the same goal as its travelmate Satoshi: Going head-to-head against the reigning champ!

LUCARIO:
The "giant Aura Sphere" it learned by training with Satoshi is so enormously large it fills the entire stadium!

GANGAR:
Gangar loves pranks, but has grown to become a very reliable battler! Seize victory with Kyodaimax!

KAIRYU:
It gave Satoshi a victory with "Kairyuuseigun", which involved using "Draco Meteor" while plunging at the opponent!

"The Finals I: Torrent" airs Friday October 21st!!

View attachment 164050

Throughout their adventures thus far, Satoshi and Dande have grown close enough they're practically friends. The dream match between these two Pokémon battle lovers finally begins! Make sure not to miss this!!

DANDE:

LIZARDON:
It showed off its Kyodaimax in the match against Carne, but its true power is apparently far beyond that?! We expect it to go all out!

DORAPULT:
It appeared in the match against Carne as well, though we still don't know how strong it is. As its species name "Stealth Pokémon" suggests, it's an elusive opponent!

GORIRANDER:
Gorirander even Kyodaimaxed in the match against Alan. Can it beat out the rhythm of victory on its stump drums?

SATOSHI:

UNONORAGON:
(illegible description)

NEGIGAKNIGHT:
It heads into battle with a knight's honor of valiantly facing any opponent without faltering that it inherited from Satoshi.

PIKACHU:
It has the same goal as its travelmate Satoshi: Going head-to-head against the reigning champ!

LUCARIO:
The "giant Aura Sphere" it learned by training with Satoshi is so enormously large it fills the entire stadium!

GANGAR:
Gangar loves pranks, but has grown to become a very reliable battler! Seize victory with Kyodaimax!

KAIRYU:
It gave Satoshi a victory with "Kairyuuseigun", which involved using "Draco Meteor" while plunging at the opponent!

Well, that confirms it

View attachment 164050

DANDE:

LIZARDON:

DORAPULT:

GORIRANDER:

SATOSHI:

UNONORAGON:
(illegible description)

NEGIGAKNIGHT:

PIKACHU:

LUCARIO:

GANGAR:

KAIRYU:

I don't trust the magazine.

Just feels so boring that Ash's using the full JN team again. Is really one reserve or surprise mon too much to ask for?

Remember how Tomioka talked about all these "big surprises" that were coming in the M8 interview some time ago... well, all that amounted to were some low effort cameos where all noticeable characters from one region were grouped together into one shot from some random Pokemon Center-like building. Whoop-de-do, truly amazing stuff.

Last edited:

View attachment 164050

LIZARDON:

...the anime staff really just went, "You all saw how Diantha's Mega Gardevoir could barely stand up to Leon's Gigantamax Charizard? Yea, that wasn't even its full power! You haven't seen nothing yet!"

Okay, anipoke, we get it. Leon's Charizard is so f***ing powerful that it makes all other Champions look like a joke, can you just give it a rest and STOP SHOVING THIS MANUFACTURED HYPE DOWN OUR THROATS ALREADY?!

No, I don't think it did.
Nope, Dragonite hasn't won anything since the battle with Haxorus, the episode where it first learned Draco Meteor. And that was more of a traditional Draco Meteor, raining down from the sky and not being fired straight at the opponent whilst surrounding Dragonite as the magazine claimed. Unless.....it's spoiling Dragonite gets a win against Leon with it??

Just feels so boring that Ash's using the full JN team again. Is really one reserve or surprise mon too much to ask for?

Remember how Tomioka talked about all these "big surprises" that were coming in the M8 interview some time ago... well, all that amounted to were some low effort cameos where all noticeable characters from one region were grouped together into one shot from some random Pokemon Center-like building. Whoop-de-do, truly amazing stuff.
I think Tomioka didn't intend those side characters.
I remember Tomioka said surprise characters will appear while they are supporting Ash in stads. Only Go and Iris have supported him in stads and they aren't surprise.

I think Tomioka didn't intend those side characters.
I remember Tomioka said surprise characters will appear while they are supporting Ash in stads. Only Go and Iris have supported him in stads and they aren't surprise.
We still haven't seen any of the major cameos we've hoped for. Yeah, some of the ones we've seen were nice, but everyone is waiting to see past traveling companions or his Alolan family cheering him on. It would be a huge let down if they don't make any cameo appearances during the biggest match of Ash's entire career.

Do you think that Ash stays in the Galar Region alone without Goh, nor all of the old friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom