• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN130: The Finals II: "Toy Around"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dracovish and Dragonite lose with Dragapult? Or Ash switch them?

My predictions

Second episode:
Mr. Rime vs. Sirfetch'd -> Draw
Dragapult vs. Mega Lucario -> Lucario recalled because of Cursed Body
Dragapult vs. Dracovish -> Dragapult
Dragapult vs. Dragonite -> Dragonite

Third episode:
Rillaboom vs. Dragonite -> Rillaboom
RIllaboom vs. Mega Lucario -> Lucario
Cinderace vs. Mega Lucario -> Lucario edges

Fourth episode:
Charizard vs. Mega Lucario -> Charizard
G-Max Charizard vs. Z-move Pikachu -> Cancel out
Charizard vs. Pikachu -> Pikachu

I'd like to see Leon bring out Charizard earlier to knock someone out in that third episode though since he brought him out early against Alain and Diantha so I can't deny that is a possibility

I can actually Leon bring out Charizard earlier to either deal with Lucario sooner (Like Alain was forced to bring out Charizard to take down Pikachu, else Pikachu would have proceeded to solo Alain, making it a 3v1 for Ash).

With how much they’re leaning on Leon pushing Ash to the edge, it’s safe to assume there will be a fall guy.

Lucario and Pikachu could bear to be it, but definitely won’t because protagonism… I sure hope Dragonite gets to redeem herself, so hopefully not her either. That leaves Dracovish and Sirfetch’d, the former of which has already played the fall guy in the Steven match.

So probably Sirfetch’d… but hey, if he at least puts up a good fight here, the Cynthia battle already gave him due recognition, so I’d be fine with it.

With how much they’re leaning on Leon pushing Ash to the edge, it’s safe to assume there will be a fall guy.

Lucario and Pikachu could bear to be it, but definitely won’t because protagonism… I sure hope Dragonite gets to redeem herself, so hopefully not her either. That leaves Dracovish and Sirfetch’d, the former of which has already played the fall guy in the Steven match.

So probably Sirfetch’d… but hey, if he at least puts up a good fight here, the Cynthia battle already gave him due recognition, so I’d be fine with it.

Yeah... between Sirfetch'd and Dracovish, Sirfetch'd is the only one who can afford to be the fall guy (Imagine it being Lucario lol... the shitstorm that would cause amongst the Lucario fanbase would be a hilarious scene to witness).

Yeah... between Sirfetch'd and Dracovish, Sirfetch'd is the only one who can afford to be the fall guy (Imagine it being Lucario lol... the shitstorm that would cause amongst the Lucario fanbase would be a hilarious scene to witness).
I mean, definitely, but Lucario has so many wins under his belt, including Cynthia’s goddamn Garchomp, that he could probably afford it.

Charizard's likely going down to a combo of Mega and Z-Move weakening it so it can lose in base form, so I don't think Lucario will be taking a loss here

Gengar was prematurely forced out of Gigantamax by Inteleon hitting its mouth, so Ash might (somehow) do the same with the Z-Move, since it also operates on "do whatever the plot needs it to" logic

Charizard's likely going down to a combo of Mega and Z-Move weakening it so it can lose in base form, so I don't think Lucario will be taking a loss here

Gengar was prematurely forced out of Gigantamax by Inteleon hitting its mouth, so Ash might (somehow) do the same with the Z-Move, since it also operates on "do whatever the plot needs it to" logic
In the opening we see Lucario trying to shove a Spirit Bomb in Charizard's mouth, so that might just work.

So, I happened to find two new things about this episode in my searches across YouTube and Twitter. The first is this really short clip (it's basically the same as the regular preview, the only difference being that one second shot with Sirfetch'd charging up Fury Cutter. ) It's not much, I know, but I still thought it might be worth sharing. Based on this footage though, it seems like there's a possibility Sirfetch'd might even defeat Mr.Mime, maybe? :unsure: (BTW, those hosts there really get into it, don't they? :LOL:)

The second is much more interesting. It's this image of Dracovish I found on Twitter executing what appears to be a new move. :eek: People on Twitter were speculating on it maybe being Psychic Fangs, but I'm not so sure. I mean, Psychic Fangs involves using the mouth to attack, right? And it's the spikes on its midsection that are glowing, not its teeth. (Plus, it's a red glow, not pink, as Psychic Fangs has a pink glow in the games.)

I for one am stumped though as to what it could be. Anybody got any ideas? :unsure:

1666584259504.png

I was thinking the same thing. Really hoping it's not Dragonite though. She needs a win here. Otherwise, her story will end even worse than Goodra's. :cry: And Dracovish really needs the win too, so I agree with you, it's probably gonna be Sirfetch'd, isn't it? (Sigh.) Hopefully he puts up a good fight at the very least.

I mean, definitely, but Lucario has so many wins under his belt, including Cynthia’s goddamn Garchomp, that he could probably afford it.
Oh, Lucario could definitely afford the loss here. Will it walk away without a win, though? I highly doubt it. Not that I want Lucario to lose mind you, not at all. It is my favorite Fighting type after all, and I think it's amazing. It's just........Ash's Lucario has like, nine or ten wins under its belt now, as opposed to Dragonite and Dracovish's measly three each. They need this more.

Last edited:
So, I happened to find two new things about this episode in my searches across YouTube and Twitter. The first is this really short clip (it's basically the same as the regular preview, the only difference being that one second shot with Sirfetch'd charging up Fury Cutter. ) It's not much, I know, but I still thought it might be worth sharing. Based on this footage though, it seems like there's a possibility Sirfetch'd might even defeat Mr.Mime, maybe? :unsure: (BTW, those hosts there really get into it, don't they? :LOL:)

The second is much more interesting. It's this image of Dracovish I found on Twitter executing what appears to be a new move. :eek: People on Twitter were speculating on it maybe being Psychic Fangs, but I'm not so sure. I mean, Psychic Fangs involves using the mouth to attack, right? And it's the spikes on its midsection that are glowing, not its teeth. (Plus, it's a red glow, not pink, as Psychic Fangs has a pink glow in the games.)

I for one am stumped though as to what it could be. Anybody got any ideas? :unsure:

View attachment 164638

I was thinking the same thing. Really hoping it's not Dragonite though. She needs a win here. Otherwise, her story will end even worse than Goodra's. :cry: And Dracovush really needs the win too, so I agree with you, it's probably gonna be Sirfetch'd, isn't it? (Sigh.) Hopefully he puts up a good fight at the very least.

Oh, Lucario could definitely afford the loss here. Will it walk away without a win, though? I highly doubt it. Not that I want Lucario to lose mind you, not at all. It is my favorite Fighting type after all, and I think it's amazing. It's just........Ash's Lucario has like, nine or ten wins under its belt now, as opposed to Dragonite and Dracovish's measly three each. They need this more.

That Dracovish animation is indeed interesting. I just looked through its moves and I'm a bit stumped on what it could be. Those things that line its stomach are spikes, so it could be getting ready to impale or fire a projectile... My money is on Rock Blast, Leech Life, Psychic Fangs, or Outrage; I think it's fine for the animation to change it up biting-wise (for example, Scorching Sands isn't shot like a Mud Shot, but that didn't stop Cinderace from utilizing/having the move animated as such).

That aside, "Toy Around" seems a fitting title if Dragapult is handling Dragonite, Dracovish, and Lucario...who needs to Mega Evolve. It makes me wonder who will be handling Cinderace and Rillaboom at this point. And yes - I'm going to manifest it now, that Dragonite will be the one to defeat Dragapult here. She needs a win before she's retired to Oak's lab!

Is it possible to recall a Pokémon with Mega Evolution and recall it with Mega a little later or does Mega disappear after the first recall?

Is it possible to recall a Pokémon with Mega Evolution and recall it with Mega a little later or does Mega disappear after the first recall?
I guess that, like in the games, mega doesn't disappear until the pokemon faints
or the battle ends, but not if pkmn gets exchanged for another teammate. That's how I think it was

My theory is that Ash will recall Lucario after it gets hit by Cursed Body.

Rethinking my prediction:

Mr. Rime vs. Sirfetfch'd -> Sirfetch'd clutches
Dragapult vs. Sirfetch'd -> Sirfetch'd recalled
Dragapult vs. Mega Lucario -> Lucario recalled due to cursed body
Dragapult vs. Dracovish -> Dracovish recalled
Dragapult vs. Dragonite -> Dragonite wins

This fits with the summary for this episode in that Ash's strategy of constantly switching helps him take a lead but ultimately plays into Leon's overall plan. Here, Ash still has only lost 1 Pokemon (Gengar) while Leon has lost 3 but now every single one of Ash's Pokemon has taken solid damage while 3 of Leon's are completely untouched. Episode 3 is called 'Strongest' which has been a term referred to Leon the whole series. My guess is episode 3 starts with Leon sending out Rillaboom or even Charizard itself and begins a major counterattack which results in most of Ash's damaged Pokemon going down one by one

Rethinking my prediction:

Mr. Rime vs. Sirfetfch'd -> Sirfetch'd clutches
Dragapult vs. Sirfetch'd -> Sirfetch'd recalled
Dragapult vs. Mega Lucario -> Lucario recalled due to cursed body
Dragapult vs. Dracovish -> Dracovish recalled
Dragapult vs. Dragonite -> Dragonite wins

This fits with the summary for this episode in that Ash's strategy of constantly switching helps him take a lead but ultimately plays into Leon's overall plan. Here, Ash still has only lost 1 Pokemon (Gengar) while Leon has lost 3 but now every single one of Ash's Pokemon has taken solid damage while 3 of Leon's are completely untouched. Episode 3 is called 'Strongest' which has been a term referred to Leon the whole series. My guess is episode 3 starts with Leon sending out Rillaboom or even Charizard itself and begins a major counterattack which results in most of Ash's damaged Pokemon going down one by one
Ash vs Paul 2

1666847520518.png
1666847545484.png
1666848780550.png
1666850805797.png

So while searching around on Twitter I came across some more new images of Dracovish from I think this episode (specifically the 2nd and 3rd images.) And as you can see in these new images, Dracovish's spikes on its midsection are glowing just like in the picture I already posted (which I have posted again for the sake of comparing them.) Or at least I thought they were new. Turns out, these images of Dracovish come right from that special preview that dropped before the Ash/Leon battle, which we all must have missed in the overall hype of the preview. For reference, I'll post the special preview here:

For anyone who's curious, you'll see at 0:40 Dracovish's spikes glowing just like in the images. What could this mean, though? :unsure: Now I'm even more stumped/curious than before! Does it have something to do with the image of Dracovish eating Dragapult's Dreepy missile? (Posted above. ) Like, did it learn Leech Life and drain Dragapult's energy? Or is it a precursor to learning a new move, or just a power-up a la Torracat, since its spikes were glowing even while using Dragon Rush? Arrgh!!!! I guess we'll find out tomorrow, but anybody else got any more theories until then? I'd love to hear them! :D

Last edited:
View attachment 164728View attachment 164730View attachment 164731View attachment 164733

So while searching around on Twitter I came across some more new images of Dracovish from I think this episode (specifically the 2nd and 3rd images.) And as you can see in these new images, Dracovish's spikes on its midsection are glowing just like in the picture I already posted (which I have posted again for the sake of comparing them.) Or at least I thought they were new. Turns out, these images of Dracovish come right from that special preview that dropped before the Ash/Leon battle, which we all must have missed in the overall hype of the preview. For reference, I'll post the special preview here:

For anyone who's curious, you'll see at 0:40 Dracovish's spikes glowing just like in the images. What could this mean, though? :unsure: Now I'm even more stumped/curious than before! Does it have something to do with the image of Dracovish eating Dragapult's Dreepy missile? (Posted above. ) Like, did it learn Leech Life and drain Dragapult's energy? Or is it a precursor to learning a new move, or just a power-up a la Torracat, since its spikes were glowing even while using Dragon Rush? Arrgh!!!! I guess we'll find out tomorrow, but anybody else got any more theories until then? I'd love to hear them! :D

I wonder if it used a boosting move, though I can't say which one. What boosting moves does Dracovish learn in-game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom