• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN132: The Finals IV: "Partner"

With all the fake outs I'm really glad I decided to watch it live instead of waiting for the subs. Don't think I cheered harder for pikachu in my entire life. Very touched that they were able to include all of Satoshi's Pokemon minus the extra Tauros including Pokémon he released and traded away.

Congratulations Ash, Back-to-back title and also defended Alola pride. Only sad thing is that Zippy Zap move set didn't call it. You deserve it all. Last of the Top 8 upset Hoenn, Sinnoh and now Galar. Ultimate victory and greatest upset.

Overall rating: A+

Yuki Hayashi explains the song in Anipoke’s soundtrackVol.2 book. “Weakness” is a soundtrack. It’s a song that shows Ash’s feelings that he can’t even reach the top of the championship.
:):):):):)

Dariusz Kosmowski explains the song on Bulbagarden. “Aim to Be a Pokémon Master” is a soundtrack. It’s a song that shows Ash is the best in the whole world.
Dariusz loves him sooooo much.

When all the Pokémon cameos started happening, I was literally speechless, with my mouth hanging open. Literally everybody  was there!
However, this is not the end yet. 9th region and anime series is definitely in the making. Only a few week, we will know the answer. At meantime, congraluation Ash for winning Back-to-back champion.

VA list courtesy of Adamant

Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Ono: Dande
Kenta Miyake: Lizardon
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Kenyu Horiuchi: Professor Okido
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Unsho Ishizuka: Osubame
Mika Kanai: Bayleaf
Rikako Aikawa: Zenigame
Etsuko Kozakura: Pochama
Chinami Nishimura: Waninoko
Katsuyuki Konishi: Heracros
Daisuke Namikawa: Lucario
Wasabi Mizuta: Chaoboo
Misato Fukuen: Mijumaru
Kiyotaka Furushima: Buoysel
Kei Shindo: Eievui
Yasuhiro Mamiya: Gangar
Megumi Toyoguchi: Hikari
Tomo Sakurai: Shirona
Fumiko Orikasa: Carne
Marina Inoue: Sonia
Takuto Yoshinaga: Hop
Masami Toyoshima: Hanako
Shoko Tsuda: Magnolia
Yo Kitazawa: Danpei

Where Larvitar?
Anyways when I saw all of Ash’s old Pokémon I got emotional. Pikachu vs Charizard was amazing. Ash is a Pokemon Master! This is it!
Might be a top 3 battle now.
Did Goh catch Mew lol?
IMG_20221111_114114.jpg

..Sunk cost fallacy has never quite felt so rewarding until today :cry:

Last edited:
Ladies, gentlemen, and comrades, everything has led up to this moment. Everything about this was phenomenal. I like how every Pokemon that Ash has ever caught ever (EVERY POKEMON) cameo'd. The battle was also great. And of course, after so much, and after so long, our boy has become a world champion. I came out of the dead to review this episode, and I wasn't disappointed. Considering how the animators were on a crunch, they certainly did deliver on this episode.
Honestly, I think it would be hersey here to not give this episode the rating it deserves, so I will.
This episode gets a 10/10.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom