• To preserve people's ability to play the game without spoilers, do not post about unannounced Pokémon and characters until January 1st 2023, except in the Scarlet and Violet forum.

All spoilers in posts will be allowed in the Scarlet and Violet forum

Please do not display unannounced Pokémon or characters in Signatures, Avatars, or Profiles until January 1st 2023.

• There have been changes to the pronoun field in user profiles. Find out more here!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.

Preview JN133: Project Mew

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDocFan

Hello Scarlet/Violet, Goodbye Sword/Shield
Reaction score
Nice to get a Project Mew episode after the WCS episodes, wonder what was so important that Goh had to leave before the finals

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Tumblr_l_93098009929547.jpg

Orchid

forever and a day
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Am I ever happy that the Project Mew arc is getting a real conclusion. It almost seems obvious now, but for a minute there, it nearly seemed like it wasn't gonna happen after all. ^^; I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how they handle it.

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
The minute I saw Goh, Horace and Gary prepare to climb onto the ship I kinda was expecting Goh to get something after the Masters Eight tournament rather than shipping them all to off-screen land since he is the second protagonist for JN and well, looks like the day of that being confirmed has arrived.

I wonder how it's all going to end.
Although I still do expect Goh to become a full on member and properly part ways with Ash.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Episode staff, provided by Dephender:

Screenplay: 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard: 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director: 牧野友映 (Tomoe Makino)
Animation Director: 大川義史 (Yoshifumi Ookawa)

Hidden Mew

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have to say, the fact that they expect people to give a crap about Goh and his floating cat cult in the wake of Ash vs Leon is adorable
When else could they have really wrapped up the Project Mew storyline? I honestly don't know if resolving it prior to Ash vs. Leon would have been much better. If they wrapped up Goh's storyline before Ash's, whether it was before the Master Class started or in-between one of Ash's matches, I could have easily seen people getting up about Goh getting more screentime or that Project Mew had more priority than the Master Class. Plus, I assume that there is a good reason why they wanted Goh to deal with Project Mew instead of staying to cheer Ash.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
When else could they have really wrapped up the Project Mew storyline? I honestly don't know if resolving it prior to Ash vs. Leon would have been much better. If they wrapped up Goh's storyline before Ash's, whether it was before the Master Class started or in-between one of Ash's matches, I could have easily seen people getting up about Goh getting more screentime or that Project Mew had more priority than the Master Class. Plus, I assume that there is a good reason why they wanted Goh to deal with Project Mew instead of staying to cheer Ash.
I don’t really see any of the issues you mention arising if it was held before the Masters 8 tournament. Many of the companion goals are resolved before Ash league, which is the "finale" for good reason.

Islander Princess

The Tomboyish Mermaid
Reaction score
I have to say, the fact that they expect people to give a crap about Goh and his floating cat cult in the wake of Ash vs Leon is adorable

I don't particularly love Goh, but I do think it's good they're choosing to properly tie up Project Mew, even if it does come after Ash vs. Leon. Otherwise it would just feel like one big loose end.

"Floating cat cult" absolutely sent me though. Only way I'm going to be able to think of Project Mew from now on, lol.

Hidden Mew

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don’t really see any of the issues you mention arising if it was held before the Masters 8 tournament. Many of the companion goals are resolved before Ash league, which is the "finale" for good reason.
While it's true that other companion goals are dealt with before Ash's League battles, I could see people complaining more about that being the case for Goh simply because he can't really do anything without getting some kind of backlash. People complained about Goh getting more screentime than Ash for the longest time, even though I always felt that issue was exaggerated. I could easily see people getting upset about Project Mew getting more priority over the Master Class if it was dealt with first. I'm not saying that everyone would react like that, but that there would probably be a vocal amount of people upset about Goh getting screentime to resolve the Project Mew storyline regardless of when it happened. People kept complaining about the episodes in-between the Master Class battles, so giving Goh a two parter earlier in the Master Class arc definitely would have gotten people upset.

SammyW27

Farewell to the BEST Batman...
Reaction score
Please tell me it'll at least be a 2-parter, otherwise it'll be rushed an anti-climactic as all heck.

On the other hand, an afterthought of a storyline probably deserves an afterthought of a finale... :unsure:

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
While it's true that other companion goals are dealt with before Ash's League battles, I could see people complaining more about that being the case for Goh simply because he can't really do anything without getting some kind of backlash. People complained about Goh getting more screentime than Ash for the longest time, even though I always felt that issue was exaggerated. I could easily see people getting upset about Project Mew getting more priority over the Master Class if it was dealt with first. I'm not saying that everyone would react like that, but that there would probably be a vocal amount of people upset about Goh getting screentime to resolve the Project Mew storyline regardless of when it happened. People kept complaining about the episodes in-between the Master Class battles, so giving Goh a two parter earlier in the Master Class arc definitely would have gotten people upset.
This argument still doesn’t make sense to me. First of all it just assumes that people are complaining because it’s just Go, which isn’t really a good faith assumption I agree with, secondly, the notion of Project Mew getting "priority" makes no sense because that would mean Showcases and Contests are higher priority than the league because they were done before.

If people are "going to get upset anyways" (which I still consider a weird argument when it ignores the show's pacing), it would be better to get the Project Mew done first and let the complainers complain away, and end on a positive note with the master class. People were anyways expecting the Project Mew to be wrapped up before Masters 8 so I’m not even sure if the complaining would be as exaggerated as you make it seem. The outcome of the Leon match makes it for a better finale to end and give a closure to the series on, and consistent with how it’s done usually, so the complainers would come off as irrational at best.

To summarise, if people would complain either way, why not hold the arc when it is best for the show's pacing, that is, before the Masters 8? Also, if people are going to complain whatever be the outcome, why is it even a factor in this argument? And if giving Go screen time before the masters 8 is making these hypothetical complainers (that again, I'm not sure why we're more concerned with), won’t these people be more angry that now it’s the grand finale of the series instead of Ash vs Leon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom