• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN134: Seize the Future!

Well that was rather disappointing, I don't think Goh actually caught Mew

Would have been nice if he succeeded and the whole Project Mew was revealed to be some sort of trap to catch it from Team Rocket or a new evil gang

Well, this was honestly a boring conclusion to the whole Project Mew schtick. And that's kind of unfortunate because it did look like things were picking up with the last few episodes and it instead ends with a fizzle instead of a bang. The exact opposite of the exciting ending to Ash vs Leon and the Masters Eight.

Think of Project Mew as DLC that you'd pay for if you were curious to see how Goh's main goal ends. It's not the great kind of DLC though.

VA list courtesy of Adamanat

Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Koichi Yamadera: Mew
Kenta Miyake: Wulaosu (Single Strike Style)
Yuichi Nakamura: Wulaosu (Rapid Strike Style)
Tsuguo Mogami: Kamex
Risa Shimizu: Marilli
Kei Shindo: Sirknight
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Sayaka Senbongi: Manene
Fumiko Takekuma: Hogator
Yuko Kobayashi: Shigeru
Yoichi Nishijima: Hodaka
Hiroshi Kamiya: Tsurugi
Ryoko Shiraishi: Asahi
Ayahi Takagaki: Tokio
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

I think it would have been more fun if Go battled Mew a few times before this episode and grew stronger over the course of his journey. If that had happened then it would have felt like he progressed as a trainer even if he didn't catch it in the end. Mew just seemed overpowered in this episode.

To me that was probably the biggest issue with Go. It felt like he did a lot of things that didn't help him come closer to his goal. Not to mention he did a lot of things that honestly was not that interesting. I hope he doesn't stay in SV since they didn't do that great of a job writing him in Journeys.

I think it would have been more fun if Go battled Mew a few times before this episode and grew stronger over the course of his journey. If that had happened then it would have felt like he progressed as a trainer even if he didn't catch it in the end. Mew just seemed overpowered in this episode.

To me that was probably the biggest issue with Go. It felt like he did a lot of things that didn't help him come closer to his goal. Not to mention he did a lot of things that honestly was not that interesting. I hope he doesn't stay in SV since they didn't do that great of a job writing him in Journeys.
Based on the preview for JN135, Goh may be about to tell Ash he is leaving

So the emotional climax to Goh's character is him touching Mew's butt. Huh. Well, at least he had a glove on.
Yeah, I have nothing to say about this episode, it's just boring.

This episode shows that Mew is a cruel trickster deity. Entertaining, yes, but definitely a little bit evil (if childishly so).

Who could have guessed a baby monkey is a poor strategy to catch an invisible flying teleporting shapeshifter on your first try
I mean, it wasn't like Goh was this brilliant strategist to begin with, but kudos for the monkey to finally do something useful, even though its far too late for anyone to care.

"What do you mean the series is over?"

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom