• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN135: Pokémon! I'm Glad I Got to Meet You!

Well, that episode was about an interesting as a trip to the dentist no matter how many nostalgic memories it threw at me.

Of course the nostalgic memories were kinda nice but everything else was just boring.

And I'm normally the kind of guy who likes these chill episodes like the Ash and Pikachu one in Alola or even Leon's training ep.

I found the random Abra and Poliwag to be a bit strange, was half expecting them to play a bigger role in the episode, maybe one or both would be caught by Goh or Chloe

Full VA list courtesy of Adamant

Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Kenyu Horiuchi: Professor Okido
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Mika Kanai: Bayleaf
Daisuke Namikawa: Lucario
Kei Shindo: Eievui
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Shogo Sakata: Inteleon
Masami Toyoshima: Hanako
Sayaka Senbongi: Kikuna
Noriaki Kanze: Renji
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom

Was really hoping we might see Tracey at Oak's lab, we haven't seen him and Ash interact since AG192

Weren’t we supposed to get some information about Ash somewhere between last episode and this episode? What ever happened there?
As far as I understand it, some fans thought there was going to be a big announcement last week because of their interpretation of an interview, but the translation of the interview showed they didn’t literally said there would be news last week. There will be news but we don’t know when.

About the episode: was Mimey burned? There was something about it. I don’t talk about animation errors often, but this was a rare one that bugged me.

A lot of call backs, flashbacks etc in this episode. A breather episode for most part. Abra being some kind as prototype Mew for Goh to chase, the Poliwag repaying Ash and Pikachu,… I wonder if those plots get a payoff in the next episode, but I don’t think it will.

And professor Oak did give Ash and Garry and the others really old pokédexes if you implement real life logic into the show. :p

Last edited:
As far as I understand it, some fans thought there was going to be a big announcement last week because of their interpretation of an interview, but the translation of the interview showed they didn’t literally said there would be news last week. There will be news but we don’t know when.
It didn't happen this week and by this point, I'm starting to wonder if there is going to be SV Anime for the Spring at all. I've never seen such a lack of information and slow pacing from the anime's news front before.

It didn't happen this week and by this point, I'm starting to wonder if there is going to be SV Anime for the Spring at all. I've never seen such a lack of information and slow pacing from the anime's news front before.
From the looks of it, it's looking like this is the case. I think that if there was going to be an SV anime we would have known about it by now.

No Goh confession, 0/10.

This Lugia is Mew, right? If it's the same one from the start of Journeys. Maybe Goh still has a chance to catch it but it would be the single most anticlimactic thing in Journeys, and it has quite the competition.
Not a terrible episode. Not much happened but I wasn't nearly as bored as I feel like I should have for some reason. Still, nothing interesting. Ash decides to "go on a journey" again, that's something. Whatever. Flashbacks are whatever too.
Goh with Ash in this episode reminds me of like the first 10 episodes of Journeys where they were almost barely queerbaiting but not really. Feels weird to bring it back after Goh's feelings towards Ash just felt like close friendship for the rest of the series. Definitely nothing, though.

Last edited:
So, it's ok for Goh to decide to go on his own journey to become stronger to face Mew in the future without 'consulting' with Ash, but it's the worst thing in the world for Ash to decide to go on another journey with Pikachu without 'consulting' Goh?

Get the heck outta here with that Tauros crap...

Also, are Chloe and Goh not friends at all? Didn't Chloe tell Ash "You're Goh's first real friend..." or something like that?

So did Chloe take them camping to the same location she went to with her Dad? Because that’s cool continuity.

Rest in Peace Tauros and Snivy, who despite being able to see Ash during his visit, only appear in flashbacks - I’ll always be annoyed every time the Oak’d Pokémon appear and it’s clearly supposed to be all of them but some are left out.

Peculiar to see Solgaleo appear in Pikachu’s vision a few episodes ago but Ash doesn’t think about it here - it’s not annoying like Snivy going missing but it is odd.

How many times have we seen the “isn’t it awe-inspiring, look at all the Metapod evolve” scene? I fell like it’s at least 4.

Fun to see them do a full circle thing with Lugia showing up at the end of the series.

So, it's ok for Goh to decide to go on his own journey to become stronger to face Mew in the future without 'consulting' with Ash, but it's the worst thing in the world for Ash to decide to go on another journey with Pikachu without 'consulting' Goh?

Get the heck outta here with that Tauros crap...

Also, are Chloe and Goh not friends at all? Didn't Chloe tell Ash "You're Goh's first real friend..." or something like that?
I think it was more the WAY Ash announced it. Like how nonchalant it was compared to Goh’s struggling.

I mean think about it, Ash has been down this road like a dozen times by now. He’s used to eventually splitting off from his traveling companions and while he misses them, he knows they’ll meet again one day and doesn’t dwell on his sadness as a result. There was a whole conversation he had with Max in the Jirachi movie about it.

But for Goh, this is a first time thing and it’s harder for him, especially since we know he’s had issues with trusting and opening up to people in the past and Ash was one of the few people who was able to break through that to the point he’s now considered his best friend. He was worried about admitting his plans to Ash cause with his lack of Social Skills, he thought it would be seen as a betrayal to their friendship, so hearing Ash handle the same thing in a much more blasé way, like the fact that the fellowship was breaking up despite their adventures meant absolutely nothing to him, was probably a shake up for him that caught him off guard and caused him to assume that Ash didn’t value their friendship as much as Goh did. An overreaction a bit sure, but let’s face it, a Social Savant Ash Ketchum is not.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom