• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN136: Satoshi and Go! Embark on a New Journey!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We remember that episode: "Seize the Future!" about Goh does not capture Mew, he will go with Ash in Paldea.
A deal is a deal.

I'm pretty sure they're going their separate ways. Even if we ignore the summary for the next episode that indicates it ("there's something Goh can't quite tell Ash") I really feel that Goh has reached his limit in terms of companion material. It just doesn't feel like there's any room left for him to grow or develop in a meaningful way that needs to be seen on screen.

Regardless, I have to admit I was a little disappointed to see this title pop up today. Not because I dislike Goh or anything, but I'm just so done with Journeys. Everything after the battle with Leon (including the summary for JN135) has been so mundane, I really think it's time to just wrap it up.

Imagine if Goh stays in the anime forever. Gotta Catch ‘Em All is like Pokémon Master: Infinite Drive.

Imagine if Goh stays in the anime forever. Gotta Catch ‘Em All is like Pokémon Master: Infinite Drive.
Problem being that Gotta Catch ‘Em All has proven to simply not be viable in the anime’s setting. It basically took the concept of capturing Pokémon, something that had always been exciting and turned it into a soulless and mundane moment in which Pokémon just get the honor of becoming a growing background fixture with the writers treating them no better than a player would treat their boxes full of Pokémon; just leaving them to gather dust with the occasional ones that get used because they have a situ usefulness. Basically the antithesis of pre-Go in which Pokémon that were caught were akin to adding a new cast member.

I swear this better not be them setting off on a new adventure together. Goh's time is up. He met Mew and now there's nothing more to do with him that is feasible enough to keep him on the main cast.
I mean, I could easily see Goh being the one to go to school in Paldea.

It would make a lot more sense than Ash going there

I mean, I could easily see Goh being the one to go to school in Paldea.

It would make a lot more sense than Ash going there
Go barely attends school as is. If we’re going off of that , Koharu is the only one that would actually make sense going there.

Besides, wouldn’t be the first time Ash attended a school in another region.

I'm going with the title being a deliberate red herring in which the boys do set off on a new journey... but not with each other.
I know Japan refers to Seasons as a new series (XY&Z, BW Season 2, Episode N, Da! etc.), but I feel like if we were getting
a sequel to Journeys, then TV Tokyo wouldn't have kept what's coming next a secret for so long or go to the lengths
of holding a press conference just to say that Ash is sticking around, but we'll see.

Last edited:
My guess is the studio are combining both Galar and Paldea into the series just like the original with Kanto and Johto. Looking forward the new opening, getting tired of hearing the same sing with four variation.

Also, why a lot of people dislike Goh? It doesn't make any sense.

Because he’s given a lot of handouts, and just makes no sense and feels like a writers pet. He was made to be like a “Pokemon GO” Trainer with his lack of battling over chucking poke balls at everything, but he shows how that simply doesn’t WORK in an anime setting since all those Pokémon just sit around in the Cerise Labs gardens and we never really see much of him actually BONDING with them, so he makes them feel more like checkmarks to his Mew goal than teammates and friends like Ash and his other traveling companions and their Pokémon. I’m sure I don’t need to remind you of the junk that was him catching a freaking SUICUNE. And yes I know Ash caught Mon like Melmetal and Naganedel, but that was WAY after he became a trainer and Goh was just allowed a Legendary despite being a total noob. And his whole thing is “catching Mew” or whatever, and he sorta got that already, so what is he even supposed to DO if he goes to Paldea? Just keep up the “catch everything in sight” nonsense? We’re constantly getting new Mon, that dream is literally impossible so we’re just gonna be forever stuck with this kid throwing poke balls left and right while clinging unto behind ash his whole journey.

So yeah, at his point, Goh just needs to “Goh away”

Because he’s given a lot of handouts, and just makes no sense and feels like a writers pet. He was made to be like a “Pokemon GO” Trainer with his lack of battling over chucking poke balls at everything, but he shows how that simply doesn’t WORK in an anime setting since all those Pokémon just sit around in the Cerise Labs gardens and we never really see much of him actually BONDING with them, so he makes them feel more like checkmarks to his Mew goal than teammates and friends like Ash and his other traveling companions and their Pokémon. I’m sure I don’t need to remind you of the junk that was him catching a freaking SUICUNE. And yes I know Ash caught Mon like Melmetal and Naganedel, but that was WAY after he became a trainer and Goh was just allowed a Legendary despite being a total noob. And his whole thing is “catching Mew” or whatever, and he sorta got that already, so what is he even supposed to DO if he goes to Paldea? Just keep up the “catch everything in sight” nonsense? We’re constantly getting new Mon, that dream is literally impossible so we’re just gonna be forever stuck with this kid throwing poke balls left and right while clinging unto behind ash his whole journey.

So yeah, at his point, Goh just needs to “Goh away”
Only time will tell, if the studio want him to be mature a bit when he and Ash arrive in Paldea. It will be his turn for the league battle instead of Ash. That might improve him not to be so whiny and childish. Yes, I kinda agree with it.

I made this account just to say

It's just Goh and Ash, just Goh and Ash and their adventures, Goh and Ash forever and ever for hundred years Goh and Ash things. Goh and Ash running around and Goh and Ash time. All day long forever, 100 days, Goh and Ash and and and and

This bit is done.

I swear this better not be them setting off on a new adventure together. Goh's time is up. He met Mew and now there's nothing more to do with him that is feasible enough to keep him on the main cast.
checks Go's goals

...has he caught every pokemon yet?

No?

Then he's still a problem relevant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom