• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN136: Satoshi and Go! Embark on a New Journey!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only time will tell, if the studio want him to be mature a bit when he and Ash arrive in Paldea. It will be his turn for the league battle instead of Ash. That might improve him not to be so whiny and childish. Yes, I kinda agree with it.
God I hope they make Ash more mature but Ash got more childish and immature from XY to SM and from SM to JN

Personally, I just hope that Goh just doesn't become a main. Maybe have him be a character in the same vein as Dawn is in Journeys, just don't make him a main. He's met Mew, he has his hefty collection of Pokemon that he has, we've exhausted every bit of potential that makes him feasible in the main cast.
Additionally, his character just doesn't work at all in the Pokemon Anime.
At the very least, the title could be a simple red herring. They've done that stuff a hundred times before.

Only time will tell, if the studio want him to be mature a bit when he and Ash arrive in Paldea. It will be his turn for the league battle instead of Ash. That might improve him not to be so whiny and childish. Yes, I kinda agree with it.
Problem is that that would require changing his entire personality to happen considering that he’s never shown remote interest in participating in competitive battle with the last actual trainer battle he took part in being him vs Kiawe back at the first Alolan trip. On top of that, i’d make him superfluous considering competitive battle is Ash’s thing and, let’s be real, they’re not about to change that.

checks Go's goals

...has he caught every pokemon yet?

No?

Then he's still a problem relevant

I don't foresee this being an issue. He didn't even make a dent in the number of Pokémon you can catch. Now there are even more of them. He can very easily continue that goal off screen, especially since he made quite a few of his captures offscreen anyway.

I don't foresee this being an issue. He didn't even make a dent in the number of Pokémon you can catch. Now there are even more of them. He can very easily continue that goal off screen, especially since he made quite a few of his captures offscreen anyway.
Yeah, this can easily continue off screen. Honestly, his shtick got old way too quickly. With the amount of Pokemon ever increasing, it just isn't feasible to keep around character that just wants to catch everything, especially after Project Mew. It simply doesn't make for an interesting goal to watch, and it won't be any more interesting having him stay for another 3-4 years.

Problem is that that would require changing his entire personality to happen considering that he’s never shown remote interest in participating in competitive battle with the last actual trainer battle he took part in being him vs Kiawe back at the first Alolan trip. On top of that, i’d make him superfluous considering competitive battle is Ash’s thing and, let’s be real, they’re not about to change that.
That is why. When they head to Paldea will give us the answer we want. Otherwise, there is no reason for Goh to stay. Time for him to be serious. Unless, stupid writer wrote the worse script again and again. If all else fail, criticism will come roast the studio till they put their money where their mouth is.

Problem being that Gotta Catch ‘Em All has proven to simply not be viable in the anime’s setting. It basically took the concept of capturing Pokémon, something that had always been exciting and turned it into a soulless and mundane moment in which Pokémon just get the honor of becoming a growing background fixture with the writers treating them no better than a player would treat their boxes full of Pokémon; just leaving them to gather dust with the occasional ones that get used because they have a situ usefulness. Basically the antithesis of pre-Go in which Pokémon that were caught were akin to adding a new cast member.
I'm not exactly sure if Goh's addition ruined captures to me, but imo, his methods damaged the concept of a Pokémon capture in the anime in a way I'm not sure will ever get fixed. I'm genuinely convinced anime captures won't ever hit the same to me.

Don't care if this sounds dramatic btw.

I'm thinking of Serena going back to Ash who promised us where to be fans.
And if they fail again like last year, it is very disappointing and Ash and Serena are no longer childhood friends.
That we are very worried.

They should do an episode of the Grand Festival with Serena, Dawn, May and Lisia. Ash would support the first three and Serena the most. After that they would get together for more conversation or a date.

I'm thinking of Serena going back to Ash who promised us where to be fans.
And if they fail again like last year, it is very disappointing and Ash and Serena are no longer childhood friends.
That we are very worried.
2 things:

1. I genuinely have no clue what you’re talking about
2. They were never childhood friends and people need to stop pushing this narrative. They met one time at camp. If that’s enough to make someone your childhood friend then a lot of acquaintances get a serious upgrade in relationship status.

2 things:

2. They were never childhood friends and people need to stop pushing this narrative. They met one time at camp. If that’s enough to make someone your childhood friend then a lot of acquaintances get a serious upgrade in relationship status.
Well, we never hate Serena, never.

2 things:

I agree. Meeting once at camp does not a childhood friend make. They would have to have continued hanging out throughout their childhoods for them to be childhood friends. It is likely that Serena traveled to Pallet Town from Kalos to take part in the camp and then went home after it was over.

Well, we never hate Serena, never.
What does that have to do with anything I just said?
I agree. Meeting once at camp does not a childhood friend make. They would have to have continued hanging out throughout their childhoods for them to be childhood friends. It is likely that Serena traveled to Pallet Town from Kalos to take part in the camp and then went home after it was over.
That’s exactly what happened considering that Ash only remembered her from the camp when they met again in Kalos.

What does that have to do with anything I just said?

That’s exactly what happened considering that Ash only remembered her from the camp when they met again in Kalos.
There is also the fact that back then, when Ash first went through Kanto, Kalos (and thus Serena) were not thought of. If I recall, Pokémon was supposed to end with Johto.

Imo Ash and Serena are childhood friends, even if they met once. Serena literally had had a crush on Ash since childhood, even if they forgot about it.
I will concede. Maybe they did become friends during their time at camp (we don't know how long the camp was, just that they met there).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom