• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN137: Winds of Beginning! The Endless Road!!

Why temporary?
Because no Eon Pokémon stays in the city permanently.
They live there because they're guardians of the city's soul dew

It's only the other Lati seen at the end of the movie that are passing through
Screenshot_20230118-212108.png

It's still a soul dew that stays in the city and is guarded, so them staying makes sense?

Everyone knows that the original material is irrelevant and that the dub is the end-all be-all of Pokemon canon :v
They wouldn't have changed it if that wasn't the case, obviously

It's still a soul dew that stays in the city and is guarded, so them staying makes sense?

Everyone knows that the original material is irrelevant and that the dub is the end-all be-all of Pokemon canon :v
They wouldn't have changed it if that wasn't the case, obviously
I personally consider the original material to be the true canon.

Honestly on the back of the previous special, this episode felt unneeded. I’m surprised everyone enjoyed it so much because to me it was boring and reductive, the same stuff we’ve seen a million times but just with added fanservice and that terrible terrible BGM.

Well, I haven't watched the special, although I still intend to, so I can't 100% agree with you lol. Anyway, I understand what you mean.

I was stunned when, in the opening, instead of completely remaking it with inspiration from the original, they made that mess, that is, they simply put the old original opening with the addition of various scenes from Ash's later journeys. My god, that jumble of images, that horrible quality of old cartoon strethed on a modern TV. Extremely deplorable, as well as the closure.

As for the music, I never heard them in the original versions, only in the American and Brazilian dubbing. So, nostalgia was zero.

As for the episode itself, the attempt to give an air of the original anime with JN's graphic style was depressing. Team Rocket reciting their famous gibberish was, to me, visually embarrassing.

Despite that, I didn't dislike the episode. Yep, it was ridiculously simple and with the same old stuff. But I don't know, seeing Ash carefree walking through the forests and meadows and joking with Pikachu, as well as, by chance, encountering itself in unusual situations with unusual Pokemon brought to me a feeling of nostalgia.

Furthemore, Latias is certainly a Pokémon that many would like to make an appearance in the anime, and seeing that Ash, upon seeing a simple piece of that red wing, already recognizes the Pokémon, certainly brings a smile to the most attentive viewer.

Plus, we have that scene between Delia and Professor Oak, the best of the episode for me and a direct reference to the Lugia movie, except that what was that reaction from Mr. Mime? Are the fans who jokingly ship Ash's mother with Professor Oak correct?

Still, the episode doesn't fully satisfy, and left me with the sad reminder that the team behind Journeys will be the ones responsible for ending Ash's story.

01.png

Last edited:
Its a small season to say good bye to ash and show how his life is going to be after he became the very best. This episode showed us that he is going to walk around, meeting wild pokemon and using the old pokemon that he caught during all this years of journey. Nice yo see that his old pokemon wont be stuck forever in professor´s lab.

One more subject, the opening song. So Lucario from what I remember is not there as if he did not mater the most in the last league.. it is sure ok cause Pikachu was 100% MVP all the way to the trophy. Lycanroc wasn't there though as if Pikachu .
Chrizard and Squirtle did show up as Kanto symbolic.
Anyone else noticed?
After that I do hope they both will get their traveling moment in the last episodes, just as Sceptile. If not I will feel someone missed a huge spot.

Plus, we have that scene between Delia and Professor Oak, the best of the episode for me and a direct reference to the Latias movie, except that what was that reaction from Mr. Mime? Are the fans who jokingly ship Ash's mother with Professor Oak correct?

As one who ships this both ironically and unironically and has done so for a long time... our tiny corner of the internet (we're still out there) was pretty pleased last week. Mimey wouldn't be so mad if something weren't up, after all :)

Even if we never get to see these three again, it feels good to know that Pallet Town will always be home.

I liked this a lot. Good character episode that shows the basics with Ash, Pikachu, and the Rockets, plus lots of callbacks including older Ash mons. It was quite atmospheric IMO. Ash just going walking after two series of not doing that, it just feels right. I hope they have something planned with Latias.

I sensed a subtle nod to Kaze to Issho Ni and Type Wild with Ash following the wind and being off the map (I imagine him being somewhere in the vicinity of the Tree of Beginning in this one). I would have liked some Miyazaki music though.

The title makes me think of this song.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom