• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN138: Satoshi VS Kasumi! Seaside One-on-One!!

Got around to watching this with subs, was definitely worth the wait :)

This episode had so many types of interactions I feel were lacking in most of Journeys. Ash and Misty’s dynamic was on point the entire time, and it felt so refreshing to actually see banter between the protagonists, which aside from very rare occasions, has barely been a thing since BW. I’m also glad that the shuffle reserves will be a regular thing throughout the remaining episodes, and I hope they try to make interesting dynamics out of it. The battle towards the second half of the episode was also a solid watch, and I’m glad they didn’t make Ash invincible even after Leon. The Clauncher immediately ditching Misty to see Corphish was hilarious and reminded me of Togepi’s debut :wynaut: These remaining episodes are definitely giving me shades of more classic era writing, especially with the return of the OST

Also appreciate seeing TR again, though the byproduct of them only really keeping Meowth and Wobbuffet in their party is very apparent.. Are Pelipper/Morpeko even in the series still?

OVERALL SCORE:
8/10

Yeah this series is journeys 2.0 where they’re doing all the returns they couldn’t do earlier. But that’s not a bad thing imo. This series is pretty chill and has that postgame feeling

Good ep. Loved the constant back and forth between Ash and Misty. Just like the OS days where he was snarkier. There was a lot of fake outs in this that got me, like TR being hungry, Ash using Corphish instead of Pikachu and Politoed catching that crabhammer. Honestly Corphish went hard in that fight, and it was great to see new moves. Hope we keep seeing updates like that

Last edited:
Ash acknowledged that pikachu would be a better chance against politoed, but chose corphish instead . I liked it because it felt like ash wanted to give misty a fair battle instead of just stomp her politoed with his champion level pikachu . This also shows that ash´s pokemon didnt became all champion level after he became a world champion. Corphish trained in the lab, but its not the same as being trained by a trainer.

People all over the internet already crying that Ash doesn’t deserve to be world champion because he lost to Misty :rolleyes: this boy can never win, can he
It wasn't even an official battle; hell, a Pokemon was the referee!
Ash acknowledged that pikachu would be a better chance against politoed, but chose corphish instead . I liked it because it felt like ash wanted to give misty a fair battle instead of just stomp her politoed with his champion level pikachu . This also shows that ash´s pokemon didnt became all champion level after he became a world champion. Corphish trained in the lab, but its not the same as being trained by a trainer.
Exactly. If Ash had used Pikachu, he would've won easily. He literally held back against Misty by using Corphish. (Still sucks though that Corphish had to lose again, since its last on-screen battle way back in the Battle Frontier days was also a loss, against Nurse Joy and Chansey in Overjoyed! My boy Corphish's been on a losing streak for 17 years........:cautious:)

Last edited:
(Still sucks though that Corphish had to lose again, since its last on-screen battle way back in the Battle Frontier Days was also a loss, against Nurse Joy and Chansey in Overjoyed! My boy Corphish's been on a losing streak for 17 years........:cautious:)
Ouch, I'd forgotten the Nurse Joy match was Corphish's last battle, and I doubt he's getting another one.

Corphish probably has learned Aqua Jet training with Buizel.
Something like this maybe?

1674471846094.png

Last edited:
Ouch, I'd forgotten the Nurse Joy match was Corphish's last battle, and I doubt he's getting another one.

Ash could still become a recurring character in Paldea series, and use all his old pokemon.

So, I don't normally do episode reviews, but here goes:

While I was a little disappointed that Corphish lost (and neither it nor Totodile evolved,) and that Rowlet, Leavanny and Totodile didn't do much for the entirety of the episode, it was still very nice to see Misty again, as well as hear those sweet Miyazaki music tracks! Not to mention Corphish getting two new moves in Aqua Jet and Metal Claw (I always like to see that (y)) but also the confirmation that Latias is indeed following Ash! (Anybody else smell a capture incoming? :D) And lastly, even though I knew it was coming, it was still nice to see the episode end with Misty rejoining Ash on his journeys once again, just like the good old days. :)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom