• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN139: Takeshi and Dent and the Forest Witch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Satoshi and Pikachu reunite with their former travelmates Takeshi and Dent, though Takeshi seems to feel really down due to a fresh heartbreak... However, he's then suddenly abducted by a wild Brimuon...! Why did this happen?! And can Satoshi, Kasumi and Dent get him back?!

Oh, that sounds so much crazy and fun! Galar representation makes me happy!

image.png

Dentooo :bulbaLove: Excited to see him interact with Misty and Ash!

And of course Brock is heartbroken lol

I'm imagining the possible humor in this episode. Cilan will probably go into Detective mode when looking for Brock, with Misty being perplexed by his whole act.

Interesting that Misty is still around in this episode. Will a new companion join each episode? On one hand that means more interactions between past companions but on the other hand it also means less alone time with Ash. If Serena returns I would like to see her get an episode mostly focused on her relationship with Ash.

CILAN?? :bulbaLove:

If this little series consists of Ash's friends actually meeting each other, then I already know I'm going to enjoy it more than Journeys. It drove me crazy that wasn't done Journeys, and I've been haunted for years by the fact that Ash apparently has no idea that Cilan and Brock know each other. Like, I've always wanted Misty and Iris to meet. I think they'd get along so well.

I also love that they're bringing back all the classic themes. Brock depressed due to heartbreak? Amazing.

The title made it seem like Misty was a one-off but the summary includes her in the shenanigans so I wonder if her (and Brock) are main companions for this run and travel with Ash as he revisits his past companions. Either that or she's just in this to meet Brock and Ash and Pikachu go solo again starting episode 4. Will have to wait for that summary to know

I would like to see her get an episode mostly focused on her relationship with Ash.
Honestly, no this point no thanks. I’d rather see Serena as her own character and not an archetype of “Ash’s ship bait” in her final appearance.

In hindsight I’d pay for an episode of Serena and Bayleef fighting for Ash just for the lols.
Bonus if Ash gets a call from Go in the end and Ash is more overjoyed with that, so we can get our true Ash X Go OTP.

Jason Griffith better reprise cilan for the dub. He's been in recent anime dubs recently.

Interesting that Misty is still around in this episode. Will a new companion join each episode? On one hand that means more interactions between past companions but on the other hand it also means less alone time with Ash. If Serena returns I would like to see her get an episode mostly focused on her relationship with Ash.
Serena’s episode should just be with her and Ash focusing on Amourshipping with no Max, May, Brock, and Misty.
Like why does Misty get an episode by herself with Ash while Serena doesn’t?

Serena’s episode should just be with her and Ash focusing on Amourshipping with no Max, May, Brock, and Misty.
Like why does Misty get an episode by herself with Ash while Serena doesn’t?
Because, believe it or not, there's more to Serena than just her relationship with Ash. Her episode was about showcasing her development from her off-screen adventures and connecting with Chloe. It wasn't about her crush on Ash nor did it really need to focus on that relationship. I can understand wanting to see more interactions between them, but at the same time, treating Serena as just an object for more shipping bait is both depressing and frustrating. She isn't my favorite female character in the anime, but it is really annoying and upsetting to see people treat her as just "girl with crush on Ash." This isn't new sadly, but I hate it a lot.

Anyway, I'm pleasantly surprised that Cilan is going to show up. I wasn't quite sure if any other former traveling companions would show up in these specials, but getting to see Cilan makes sense given that he didn't get a proper appearance in Journeys. I don't know if that makes it more likely for every other traveling companion to appear, especially when it seems unlikely that they'd be able to give May a speaking role at this point, but that would be nice so that this mini-series could pay tribute to ideally every series instead of just the original one.

Maybe TPCi International will dub those special episodes? Nah lol.

I’d love it if the episode was just focused on Serena’s travels in Hoenn and Ash was entirely absent.
We almost got that with JN105. It was exactly that minus the Ash scene at the end.

Honestly, I’m done with talking about Serena and Amourshipping on these forums until she appears in an episode again. I made my thoughts clear on Serena multiple times, and again, we’re dragging her into an episode that isn’t even about her. I don’t see this kind of thing happening with any other character. I never see anyone say anything like “I want Misty to appear so she can confess her feelings to Ash”, or “I want Dawn to appear and tell Ash how she really feels”. It ignores the entire character’s personality, character development, and objectifies them as existing solely for Ash and not themselves. Every single time this conversation gets brought up, it goes into circles, and no one learns any lessons. This time, I learned my lesson. After this post, I’m now ignoring these kinds of comments. Quite frankly, people can believe whatever they want, and I don’t have to agree with them. With that said, the Amourshipping spam does make posting on here less enjoyable than it could be. Maybe something could be done about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom