• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN139: Takeshi and Dent and the Forest Witch!

Very enjoyable episode.

Cilan especially was a lot of fun in this with his detective skills and we even get a cameo from Ingo and Emmett as well.

A pretty classic Dent episode. Takeshi's paradise is used as ending. Now I wonder why they didn't use Kasumi's ending theme for the previous episode.

Just came to register my astonishment that they used Takeshi's Paradise as the ending theme :eek: Never thought I'd live to see that in use again!

Another fun romp. Kasumi and Dent together was a fun combination as expected. Otherwise fairly unremarkable.

Full VA list courtesy of Adamaant

Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Mayumi Iizuka: Kasumi
Yuji Ueda: Takeshi
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Unsho Ishizuka: Haganeil
Rikako Aikawa: Koduck
Chika Fujimura: Yanappu
Masami Toyoshima: Hanako
Mamoru Miyano: Dent
Minori Chihara: Kathy
Kei Shindo: Joy
Kensuke Sato: Nobori
Kiyotaka Furushima: Kudari
Yuki Hoshi: Kathy's boyfriend
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

This is such a fun episode. Where they caught in an illusion. Brock habit of wooing the lady never changes. Ultimately allow Hatterene have the opportunity to trick him and lure them into out of forest. If it wasn't Hatenna, the trick will not stop. Also, love to see Cilan again and met Misty. Before departing again after come out from the forest from the other side. Also, Latias continue follow and observing. Only conclusion we will find out. Can't feel bad about Team Rocket as they stuck in illusion of eating invisible food.

Overall rating: B+

Last edited:
What's with this series? Why isn't Takeshi a doctor anymore? Is this "finale" all meant to take place in an AU or did Takeshi seriously get fired? Also it would have been nice to see him with a Nurse Joy GF or something or at least grow up a bit.

Last edited:
Why isn't Takeshi a doctor anymore?
From what I can understand by my elementary level japanese, he decided to dedicate rest of his life to help Kathy as her chief. I'm not sure what he'll do now that she had a boyfriend, but I hope he become a breeder again. Whole pokémon doctor thing never made any sense.

I don't know what to think about Brock being a chef. Maybe they should have made that his goal in the first place? It's a little too late to change his goal now.

Never been the biggest fan of Cilan's and Brock's gags. Surprised that Misty didn't do some kind of gag with Croagunk. Since this is one of the last episodes I would have preferred if Brock realized why him being overbearing turn off the women and flirted with a girl his own age after establishing an actual connection.

You know what occured to me when watching the raw of this episode... Tebrim would be the perfect Pokemon to have given Takeshi.

Think about it, it's Dex entry mentions that when it senses strong emotions it will respond by pummeling the one emanating them... imagine how great of a running gag it would have been if Takeshi started his usual declaring of love towards a woman only for Tebrim to suddenly whack him across the face every bit. It would have been the best next step after Kasumi's ear pull and Gureggu's Poison Jab (speaking of which, where was Gureggu this week?).

From what I can understand by my elementary level japanese, he decided to dedicate rest of his life to help Kathy as her chief. I'm not sure what he'll do now that she had a boyfriend, but I hope he become a breeder again. Whole pokémon doctor thing never made any sense.
Can’t say I’m a fan of them regressing character development for the sake of nostalgia pandering.

I just wish the group coming back together felt a bit more natural, rather than them coincidentally running into each other and any prior obligations are just not relevant anymore.

Can’t say I’m a fan of them regressing character development for the sake of nostalgia pandering.
Brock was likely working at the cafe just to woo the girl, and gave up after he found out Kathy had a boyfriend. He hasn't quit his career as a doctor.

Didn't see it yet (waiting for subs tomorrow), but I can't help but wonder if we'll ever see Misty's Mega Gyarados and Brock's Mega Steelix again. I'm gonna be honest, when Brock threw off his shirt in the Arceus Chronicles I was legitimately expecting Mega Steelix. I wonder if they forgot Misty and Brock have Mega Evolution. If they weren't gonna show Mega Steelix they could've at least showed his necklace.

It made sense, but it did feel like a lateral move and an excuse to just write him out of the series.

It made sense, but it did feel like a lateral move and an excuse to just write him out of the series.
It was probably a bit of that and mostly him not really doing anything in the show at that point, he was just there. He was hardly getting any development compared to Dawn and Ash.

What's with this series? Why isn't Takeshi a doctor anymore? Is this "finale" all meant to take place in an AU or did Takeshi seriously get fired?
Brock isn’t a doctor any more? Just an episode with a boring ass plot.
I don't know what to think about Brock being a chef. Maybe they should have made that his goal in the first place? It's a little too late to change his goal now.

This absolute mess of a thread shows us once again why opining based on raw episodes is and will always be a terrible idea.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom