• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN141: Burn! The Zenigame Fire Brigade!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me wonder how many other released Pokémon will get dedicated episodes. Maybe Primape and Pidgeot are next? Either way, it's going to be epic to see the Squirtle Squad in action for the first time since Squirtle got released back in Johto. These Aim to Be a Master episodes really feel like rewards for everyone who stuck with the show since the beginning.

Technically, it wasn't released, and it was last seen in action at the Battle Frontier, but yeah, it's definitely been out of spotlight for a long time now.
Ash's Squirtle was seen in action during the Battle Frontier, but not the entire Squirtle Squad. That was what I was referring to.

Also, please remind me to stop posting on these forums. I'm getting exhausted of these pointless arguments I keep stumbling upon on here. I'm going to exclusively post on the episode review threads at this point, I have no reason to keep engaging with this community otherwise. I plan on not following the anime once the new series starts in April.

I feel like we might get an happy ending, return-wise. Ash might keep walking with his friends like Misty apears in more than 1 episode. So maybe Squirtle will join him to the victory run.
But I expect every episode to focus on Ash being more of a master and am not sure if that will be about having more pokemon in hand or just being with them. (Cause it could be both ways anyway)

I would love if the Squirtle Squad have a rivalry with another gang of firefighting water Pokémon. It would be a reference to how firefighting gangs in Japan’s past would bicker and fight each other over who would put out a fire. Or did they already do that when they returned the last time?

Please can someone correct the spelling of ‘brigade’ in the thread title? It’s driving me to distraction :p

This is why I wish this series was longer than 11 episodes- if there were like 30 episodes I’d be so much more excited but I can’t help but start to feel a little worried about how much/little ground this series is going to cover. I’ll wait to judge once I see the episodes though, and for now I’ll try my best to stay optimistic!
Wasn't there some sort of asterisk put there when it said it would eleven episodes long? Perhaps that indicates that there will be eleven episodes minimum, but they might do more sporadically afterwards depending on whether or not they end up covering everything that needed to be tied up.

I could just be misremembering though.

I would love if the Squirtle Squad have a rivalry with another gang of firefighting water Pokémon. It would be a reference to how firefighting gangs in Japan’s past would bicker and fight each other over who would put out a fire. Or did they already do that when they returned the last time?
They didn’t but they did do something similar back in Johto in the episode that it rejoined the Squirtle Squad with how it was in competition with the Wartortle firefighter unit.

They didn’t but they did do something similar back in Johto in the episode that it rejoined the Squirtle Squad with how it was in competition with the Wartortle firefighter unit.
Ah, thanks.

I'm more excited to see the human characters get a conclusion but at least this is an episode that only focuses on one of Ash's old Pokémon. The Latias episode makes me worry that his old Pokémon will just be there but not get much focus/development/conclusion.

I'm more excited to see the human characters get a conclusion but at least this is an episode that only focuses on one of Ash's old Pokémon. The Latias episode makes me worry that his old Pokémon will just be there but not get much focus/development/conclusion.
I wouldn’t really worry about that. If anything, this episode represented Ash’s team as a cohesive unit better than they did for the Journeys team with how they not only well they worked together again TRio in spite of being from different teams but also how Ash actively made use of them to help him solve the problem of the episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom