• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN141: Burn! The Zenigame Fire Brigade!!

I've got some pet peeves with these episode:
1. The misunderstanding felt a little bit forced (Ash just leaving without insisting, especially with Squirtle being in plain sight, plus Squirtle not changing his mind one bit after seeing them at the hotel). If they were going this way, perhaps it would've been better to treat it a bit more comedically rather than dramatically (like the Bulbasaur/Charizard scene with the flashbacks). It was sort of a childish quarrel, after all.

2. Brock flirting with Officer Jenny while she's actively working is pretty OOC from what I remember. That scene with Croagunk and Misty should've taken place after the fire was put out.

3. This is a reurring problem in the anime but at least some Trainers could've helped put out the fire in the background as well. And as others have said, Brock's help was a bit lackluster, using Marshtomp/Ludicolo or looking after hurt Pokémon would've been better.

The latter two points are mostl nitpicks though, the episode was really good and enjoyable as usual (I'm happy I can say "as usual"). After being out in the wilderness for the past episodes I liked seeing more of a city setting, especially featuring urban Pokémon going on with their lives and all. Team Rocket was participative and fun, I liked how they did cause the fire but it was so indirect. Also, there was absolutely no particular reason for them to get a second blast-off, which made it all the more hilarious to me.

By the way, I'm glad Ash finally got a scene with people fanboying over him after his Pallet Town neighbors appear to have utterly ignored him.

Croagunk x Misty gag was uninteresting and forgettable for me. Croagunk's hit was unimpressive and Misty didn't even a little bit surprised by it.

It would be genuinely nice and wholesome if they added Pidgeotto in the flashbacks. Although it was not present in the episode, they shared the whole memories together as five as Butterfree left early and other members were not mainstay throughout the Kanto journey. Why this bird is so horrifyingly neglected is always a mystery to me.

It would be genuinely nice and wholesome if they added Pidgeotto in the flashbacks. Although it was not present in the episode, they shared the whole memories together as five as Butterfree left early and other members were not mainstay throughout the Kanto journey. Why this bird is so horrifyingly neglected is always a mystery to me.
Agreed 100%. I still miss Pidgeot and very much hope they show it one last time before the end.

Decent episode. Both the squad presentation and the fire fighting climax could've been better, the first one could have been more epic with a mecha or something (though I assume they did not have the budget) and the later should have had more drama and more collaboration from other characters.

However, they still got the job done, and it's an episode saved by the small moments. Mainly the chemistry between Squirtle, Charizard and Bulbasaur, really nostalgic of the Kanto series.

In general good episode. Ash not meeting Sq was realy unbelievable.. I think it could be a better scene without TR, if there were some other gold diggers (even a window to throw us Butch and Cassidy). Ash not running threw TR to say hello, or more accurate - walking away thinking they are too busy? Did not buy it.

Squirtle was a jerk , ignoring his old friends . Last time they were together was in the battle frontier, and Squirtle was happy to see everyone . I wonder what happened since then . Ash was as suportive and understanding as always .

I hope Ash can meet primeape again. He would be so angry for being left behind for so long that he would evolve to annihilape.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom