• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN142: And We're Looking at the Same Moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the Pikachu focused episodes in JN were pretty crap (and this is from a big Pikachu fan). Episode 30 is still up there as some of the worst but even some of the other ones ranged from being meh (the Detective episode) to boring (that Falinks one).

While this does sound like the usual Pikachu gets separated thanks to Team Rocket plot, I'm hoping this can at least be a good and emotional episode judging from the synopsis. The little mouse needs it since this is very likely his last episode all to himself (the last episode I think will focus on both him and Ash).

I mean this is what these last episodes are supposed to be - his everyday life just adventuring around.

Sure, I'd love if past characters could return and have final closure, but I don't think we should be disappointed when we've been told that this arc is "Ash and Pikachu traveling under the blue sky" and that "Ash's adventures will continue forever".

I mean this is what these last episodes are supposed to be - his everyday life just adventuring around.

Sure, I'd love if past characters could return and have final closure, but I don't think we should be disappointed when we've been told that this arc is "Ash and Pikachu traveling under the blue sky" and that "Ash's adventures will continue forever".

You may be correct, but this plot has been repeated so many times over the course of the anime that I'm sure that's not what any long-term fan wants to see in this closing and farewell series. If this episode is just what was described above, I certainly won't watch it.

You may be correct, but this plot has been repeated so many times over the course of the anime that I'm sure that's not what any long-term fan wants to see in this closing and farewell series. If this episode is just what was described above, I certainly won't watch it.
I agree. It seems like the writers will just keep making call backs to story plots that are overdone and unnecessary to bring up.

The title immediately made me think of Nyasu, so if if this episode can incorporate some Pikachu/Nyasu frien-emy-ship then that would be perfect! Especially since they haven't had that kind of interaction since at least XY and really not amazing since the OS.

I personally don't think there's any need for that. Their resolve is to follow Ash forever.
Which sounds pretty sad and borderline stalker-ish, honestly. Especially considering the TRio are essentially living a lie-working to please a boss who they think cares about them and will reward them greatly for their efforts- but in reality is an evil, heartless man who sees them only as pawns/tools, and not as people (or in Meowth's case, a Pokemon.)

Last edited:
Maybe it's time for Meowth to say goodbye to Pikachu? It's a moon themed episode so I would guess that it's about Meowth. But shouldn't they focus on all of TR in their goodbye episode?
TRio resolution time?

Honestly, that doesn't seem to be the case, at least there's nothing in the description to indicate that. The episode is, by all indications, about Ash and Pikachu, their separation, and not a farewell to Meowth or the Team Rocket. Plus, I don't see how from the title it is possible to infer that Meowth will be highlighted in this episode.

Furthermore, the fact that it is "only" the sixth episode of the season finale makes me doubt a little it has anything to do with Team Rocket's conclusion either.

In any case, the possibility that the triplets' farewell episode isn't, in fact, dedicated to them seems a little sad to me. However, given the scarcity of time, this unfortunate scenario seems increasingly likely.

Last edited:
In any case, the possibility that the triplets' farewell episode isn't, in fact, dedicated to them seems a little sad to me. However, given the scarcity of time, this unfortunate possibility seems increasingly likely.
My guess? Their farewell/resolution episode (if they have one-and they should!) will be one the last episodes of this mini-series. The TRio are too important to not dedicate an episode to them if they are going to give them something.

Going off the second paragraph this seems less like a TRio focused episode and moreso one where their role is just to immediately kick off the conflict like XY088.

That being said I really do hope they get something towards the end of the series that can make up for their treatment in most of Journeys, if they were bold enough to let Ash beat the best in the world they definitely have it in them to be ambitious with the lovely charming villains

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom