• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN143: Riding on Laplace♪

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please! Let the man speak after 17 goddamn years before the very end! (Even in a flashback, I don't care at this point!)
Nice to see I'm not the only one longing for a speaking role for Tracey, would give anything to see him rejoin Ash even for an episode

I think most people don't like him as he was a replacement for Brock

Tracey had potential, he could have joined Ash and Misty as their guide around the Orange Islands with an aim to sketch every Pokemon out there, too bad they replaced him with Brock the moment they returned to Pallet

I think most people don't like him as he was a replacement for Brock

Tracey had potential, he could have joined Ash and Misty as their guide around the Orange Islands with an aim to sketch every Pokemon out there, too bad they replaced him with Brock the moment they returned to Pallet
I like Tracey because of his gimmick. He's the first main character that really gave us a glimpse into how Pokemon are integrated into everyday life and professions other than battling, and I still think he did it better than later companions who had non-battle goals, since he used his Pokemon almost exclusively for their abilities rather than their attacks.

Post I've made about why I think Tracey is better companion and character than Brock:
Reasons to dislike Brock:
  • Obligatory anime pervert character
  • Basically flanderized into a joke by the end of Kanto
  • None of his pokémon seems to do anything for him or others
  • Hardly do anything "Breeder" related untill DP, but then decide to be a doctor
Reasons to like Tracey:
  • Not a creepy pervert, no not even then!
  • Can draw really good pictures
  • His Venonat and Marill audiovisually helps him in his job
  • Has a really cool Scyther that can rival Charizard

Anyone think Palpitoad or Kingler might appear here, since the episode takes place by the ocean? Not to mention they're the only Water types Ash owns that haven't got some sort of focus in Journeys or Aim to be a Pokemon Master yet.

Anyone think Palpitoad or Kingler might appear here, since the episode takes place by the ocean? Not to mention they're the only Water types Ash owns that haven't got some sort of focus in Journeys or Aim to be a Pokemon Master yet.
Well, you're correct with Kingler. Heracross and Sirfetch'd will also be seen next week as well.

Well, you're correct with Kingler. Heracross and Sirfetch'd will also be seen next week as well.
Wow, I can't believe I was right about this! Awesome! :D(y) And Sirfetch'd too!? I didn't think we'd see any of Ash's Journeys team on the main team again before the end, but wow! (y)
Bayleef as well and we're seeing Brock's Marshtomp for the first time since AG192
Bayleef! Marshtomp! :giggle:

All hail the return of the one, the only, the... Kingler! I wonder if it will get something to do in the episode, but I'm already glad it is getting a final hooray. We didn't saw it with Ash outside of Oak's lab since the start of Johto League, where it was done dirty even though it only wanted to safe some Voltorb. Possibly Ash did recall Kingler in preparation for the Sinnoh League, like we saw Muk, but if this was the case it was offscreen.

But it seems at least some pokémon will assist Ash and the others in this episode, so maybe there is a chance.

Not necessarily considering the last time he reunited with it was in Johto. Its herd travels around so it could be anywhere.
Agree. I thought I also answered this in this topic, but I guess I forget to post the reply. Whoops.

It is somewhere in the not specified place(s) Ash is travelling in for the moment.

Post I've made about why I think Tracey is better companion and character than Brock: [...]

How is being a "pervert" a bad thing? I enjoy his antics. While I really started to enjoy Kenji as a character through the Hosou-Episodes I found him pretty lacking and passiv for most of his main-series run. I'd love to hear him talk again, but I enjoy Takeshi more.

Lapras seems so small in this episode...is it just me or did it shrink? ^^"

With Azuril, Politoed, Starmie, Forretress and now Marshtomp appearing - I like that they really seem to care about letting Misty and Brocks old Pokémon appear.

Just Goldeen, Horsea and Ludicolo left, and then all have appeared since their trainers retired in Sun and Moon!

(There’s also Caserin the Luvdisc - but I’d be very surprised if he mad an appearance)

And I know Comfey appeared in SM as that’s when Brock got it but it’d be cool to see a second appearance.

Other than the reasons commonly given such as it's an overdone joke; "being pervert" is a bad thing because it's considered creepy and teaches boys to not respect girls' personal spaces.
Well, Takeshi gets punished each time for his antics so there is a lesson of not acting like him. Aren't most Pokémon jokes overdone to begin with? ^^"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom