• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN143: Riding on Laplace♪

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could redeem that by having Lapras rejoin Ash for good (Honestly, it's what I'm hoping for most from this episode, and since Ash already reunited with Lapras back in Johto, why have him just reunite with it again for a hi/bye thing, especially so close to the end of Ash's time as the main character? :unsure:)
He traveled Orange islands to deliver Lapras to its family, why would he take it back now?

He traveled Orange islands to deliver Lapras to its family, why would he take it back now?

This. Lapras whole storyline was about reuniting with it's mother. There is no reason to undermine that by having it return to Ash. If they want a Pokemon to return to Ash then Squirtle makes more sense IMO.

This. Lapras whole storyline was about reuniting with it's mother. There is no reason to undermine that by having it return to Ash. If they want a Pokemon to return to Ash then Squirtle makes more sense IMO.
Y'know, children don't have to stay with their parents forever. (Plus, Lapras isn't a baby anymore, and it's been with its mother for a looong time now, much longer than it was with Ash.)

Y'know, children don't have to stay with their parents forever. (Plus, Lapras isn't a baby anymore, and it's been with its mother for a looong time now, much longer than it was with Ash.)

It is also the leader of its pod now. Like there is no reason for it to return to Ash.

It is also the leader of its pod now. Like there is no reason for it to return to Ash.
Right, but as the previous leader abdicated its position to Ash's Lapras, so too could the same thing happen again. And really, why are you so against Lapras rejoining Ash anyway? It's not even like it would be for a long time anyway. Remember, Ash's time as the MC is coming to an end. I just would like Lapras to return as a sort of closure, I guess is the best way to put it.

(And don't forget, Lapras, like all of Ash's released Pokemon, was sad/reluctant to leave him. They have a strong bond of friendship.)

And even then, Squirtle doesn’t need to return to Ash considering that it still belongs to him and he can call on it any time he needs it just like any of his Pokémon in rotation. Honestly, given how they did things like that with Squirtle and Goodra, it’s a shame that they didn’t do that with Primape back in Kanto or Johto.

And even then, Squirtle doesn’t need to return to Ash considering that it still belongs to him and he can call on it any time he needs it just like any of his Pokémon in rotation. Honestly, given how they did things like that with Squirtle and Goodra, it’s a shame that they didn’t do that with Primape back in Kanto or Johto.
And yet despite that, Squirtle is only just appearing now, and hasn't been seen/called upon for nearly 17 years. (If you don't count that two-second cameo in the SM series, because it appeared, yes, but Ash didn't see it.) I'd have rather had it at Oak's lab with the all the others. (Same thing for Goodra, who I'm pretty sure is actually released, not still his, and only had that one disastrous return stint at the Kalos League.) As they say: out of sight-out of mind.

And yet despite that, Squirtle is only just appearing now, and hasn't been seen/called upon for nearly 17 years. (If you don't count that two-second cameo in the SM series, because it appeared, yes, but Ash didn't see it.) I'd have rather had it at Oak's lab with the all the others. (Same thing for Goodra, who I'm pretty sure is actually released, not still his, and only had that one disastrous return stint at the Kalos League.) As they say: out of sight-out of mind.
To be fair, even with the Pokémon at Oak’s they barely even got to appear at all since Sinnoh to the point that they weren’t even used in the 25th anniversary and has only gotten any importance now. (Actually Goodra does still belong to him. It basically falls under the same status as Naganadel where it’s living in its original home but Ash still has its pokeball and can recall it when around it).

Guys I realy don't think any of the eps is going to be about returning to Ash. Just as the sneak peek of butterfree in Jns 136.. It is not there to reunite and travel with Ash. The only problem is the life Ash chose for Gninja, the other pokemon just live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom