• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN144: Juppeta's Search!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like our final scary episode. Would've preferred to see Polteageist or Runerigus but at least it's not Gengar or Rotom for the upteempth time.

Insert obligatory "Is this a reference to the Shuppet and Max episode so that means Max could return" false hope here.

Reminds me of the first episode TPCI did (Fear Factor Phony) with Wobby blushing and falling in love with that Kirlia
1675881104941.gif

Summary and staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Satoshi, Pikachu and the others have come to a town where strange phenomena have allegedly been occurring in various houses. In order to solve the mystery, the group searches one of the affected houses themselves, where they spot a Juppeta. The Juppeta has been taking all kinds of objects from the houses it's broken into. What could its goal be?

Screenplay 土屋理敬 (Michihiro Tsuchiya)
Storyboard 野田泰宏 (Yasuhiro Noda)
Episode Director 野田泰宏 (Yasuhiro Noda)
Animation Director 広岡歳仁 (Toshihito Hirooka)
Animation Director 大西雅也 (Masaya Onishi)

I wonder if this will reference the Sabrina episode when Misty and Brock turned into dolls. Maybe a role reversal could be fun. Ash turns into a doll because of Banette's curse and they have to save him. Maybe it could even be symbolic of Ash growing up and outgrowing his old toys. I remember that he had a lot of different dolls in the very first episode, maybe one of them turned into a Banette?

The only episode (besides maybe that Squirtle one) of this miniseries for which I'm genuinely excited. Yes, it is likely another filler but it stars one of my favourite ghost types.

Also, while this is might be a coincidence, it seems like most of the CoTD Pokemon (with the exception of Latias) are Pokemon that can be found in Paldea during normal gameplay. Interesting, huh?

From Adamant/Dephender:

In order to solve the mystery of strange phenomena occurring in a town, Satoshi and the others search one of the affected places, where they spot a Juppeta! It's been taking all kinds of objects from houses. What could its goal be?!

Summary:
Satoshi, Pikachu and the others have come to a town where strange phenomena have allegedly been occurring in various houses. In order to solve the mystery, the group searches one of the affected houses themselves, where they spot a Juppeta...! The Juppeta has been taking all kinds of objects from the houses it's broken into. What could its goal be?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Mayumi Iizuka: Kasumi
Yuji Ueda: Takeshi
Kenyu Horiuchi: Professor Okido
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth

From Adamant/Dephender:

In order to solve the mystery of strange phenomena occurring in a town, Satoshi and the others search one of the affected places, where they spot a Juppeta! It's been taking all kinds of objects from houses. What could its goal be?!

Summary:
Satoshi, Pikachu and the others have come to a town where strange phenomena have allegedly been occurring in various houses. In order to solve the mystery, the group searches one of the affected houses themselves, where they spot a Juppeta...! The Juppeta has been taking all kinds of objects from the houses it's broken into. What could its goal be?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Mayumi Iizuka: Kasumi
Yuji Ueda: Takeshi
Kenyu Horiuchi: Professor Okido
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
So the Banette is essentially just a burglar? I've never heard of a ghost being a burglar but somehow it is fitting.

So the Banette is essentially just a burglar? I've never heard of a ghost being a burglar but somehow it is fitting.
It's created from an old plush toy no longer played with, maybe it's stealing other toys because of its jealousy? Or maybe it's taking things no longer used.

Called it, Gengar is in this episode!
Seems like they'll have a bonding moment due to both being "abandoned" by their trainers, but Banette's trainer probably didn't mean to left them. If their trainer is the little girl on the picture, she might be passed away.
Screenshot_20230224-140645_Gallery.jpg

Anya?
Banette is stealing heart shaped items, which might be relevant to the little girl.

It looks like Dragonite's gonna be in this episode too! (y) (One last little mini-reunion for the Journeys team, hah! :p) I wonder if we'll see any of Ash's other Pokemon too? (And if we do, I wonder who's it going to be?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom