• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN145: Rocket-dan Strikes Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I understand and see why the "headquarters only" route is plausible, I do NOT see this episode happening without Arbok and Weezing, esp seeing how much Kanto pandering is going on in MPM. That way, Cacnea and Dustox would be elligible to come back, too. I really hope that happens. Also it would be neat if they had a way to include Lickitung as well, lol.

Could this be true!? Look, I'm not even the biggest fan of the TRio, but it'd still be one hell of a sendoff for them if we could see (most of, I doubt we'll see Arbok and Weezing, maybe a flashback? ) their old Pokemon one last time. In fact, I was hoping something like this would happen! :D (Assuming this is true, of course.)

Good I want this episode to be the zenith of the Trio.

Maybe it’s because Pocket Monsters 19 has a terrible track record when it comes to delivering on the cool ideas it has (Pikachu backstory, Yamato + Kosaburo return, most of the Masters 8 tournament, the entire premise of exploring the entire Pokémon world + seeing old faces), or maybe it’s because the Rocket trio has been treated so poorly in recent years, but I can’t seem to get that excited for this episode.

I love the idea of it- having an all star Rocket reunion, especially if it means Musashi and Kojiro each get a full team of 6, but I feel like this is a bit of a letdown for their supposed last hurrah. This should have happened episode 1, or at least earlier than the end. After the disaster that was the Yamato and Kosaburo episode, where we spent half the runtime having the trio dicking around only for the interesting part to be a series of static images, I’m worried this episode might take a similar route.

It’s impossible to give these two storylines- Rocket reunion and Rocket finale- true, satisfying closure in the same 20 minute runtime. I guess it could run into the following episode, or maybe this won’t truly be their “finale”, but then we run into the possibility of them being subjected to chasing Satoshi for eternity, which is a whole other can of worms…

I’ll hopefully get much more excited next week when we finally see the preview. My biggest hope for this episode is

I highly doubt this is gonna be TR's finale episode, despite of how silly it'll be.

Omfg I realized I was typing on my phone and it didn’t save the last part of my post!!! My biggest hope for this episode is Beroringa somehow returns, especially if he and Sonansu become best buds!

They reunite, but I hope they also keep them. It would suck if the HQ pokes return to HQ.

TR's Sinnoh team was elite. I can't wait to see them again.

This episode could be "Team Rocket: Endgame"

99LJk4z.png

If the image I saw is real... The first (and possibly only) time both Jessie and James have a full party in the series?

Jessie:
  • Wobbufett
  • Seviper
  • Yanmega
  • Woobat
  • Frillish
  • Gourgeist

James:
  • Carnivine
  • Mime Jr.
  • Yamask
  • Amoonguss
  • Inkay
  • Morpeko

Last edited:
They still have their BW pokémon, Bulbapedia was wrong again, to call them given away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom