• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN145: Rocket-dan Strikes Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They still have their BW pokémon, Bulbapedia was wrong again, to call them given away.
Except that's literally what they did at the end of that series. They're back-pedaling on it now and we have to assume Giovanni left them with the others after not wanting them for himself (which is a super believable outcome anyway).

But there was a clear difference between the status of the DP Pokémon ("We need you to send us our Pokémon") and the BW ones ("Here you go sir, all for you").

They literally give their pokemon to HQ at the end of every series, so "given away" is apt
No, Bulbapedia made a distinction between "given away to Giovanni" and "left at Team Rocket Headquarters", that's why their BW pokémon listed separately on their pages. As this episode shows there is no distinction, because...
Except that's literally what they did at the end of that series. They're back-pedaling on it now and we have to assume Giovanni left them with the others after not wanting them for himself (which is a super believable outcome anyway).
...every pokémon they capture already belongs to Giovanni.

...every pokémon they capture already belongs to Giovanni.
Is that really the case, though? I was under the impression that a lot of the Pokemon they caught were their personal property, not that of Team Rocket as an organization. There seems to be a distinction between Pokemon owned by individual Team Rocket members, and those owned by the organization as a whole.

What I'm wondering is whether they'll be able to work Arbok, Weezing, and Victreebel into this episode.

But there was a clear difference between the status of the DP Pokémon ("We need you to send us our Pokémon") and the BW ones ("Here you go sir, all for you").

I think people may exagerated the difference between both events. In both cases, the Trio was giving their Pokemon to Giovanni/Team Rocket headquarters.

I've never assumed the BW Pokemon will exclusively be used by Giovanni.

It is, indeed:

Finally. I'm so glad we're going to see their Pokémon one more time before the big sendoff. Well, we're still missing the Alolan crew (Mimikyu is my utter favorite TR mon), but this is still just fantastic.

And wow - for the first time ever, both James and Jessie will each have a full team of Pokémon in their parties at a given time.

Finally. I'm so glad we're going to see their Pokémon one more time before the big sendoff. Well, we're still missing the Alolan crew (Mimikyu is my utter favorite TR mon), but this is still just fantastic.

And wow - for the first time ever, both James and Jessie will each have a full team of Pokémon in their parties at a given time.
The Alolan crew already had their small reunion in Journeys, so I'm not too bummed out at their supposed absence here. As someone else already mentioned, Arbok and Weezing's absence would feel a lot more unfortunate. We've already seen Ash reunite with a few of his released mons recently, so the writers and producers could definitely do the same with the Rocket trio if they really wanted to.

But yeah, I ain't gonna complain much because this episode already sounds like a fever dream to me. Simply seeing Jessie and James with a full party each is so wild to me.

You mean James's Nanny and Pop-Pop?
I know this is rather far from the point of this thread, but this is a pet bugbear of mine... "that old couple" is probably a more accurate description. The implication that they are James' grandparents by the nonsensical name change to "Nanny" and "Pop-pop" is entirely dub added. Please see full explanation here :p

I'm also in the camp that there is no reason for Chirean to appear here, any more than Arbok, Matadogas, Utsubot, Dokucale .etc .etc .etc. 'Delibird brings their HQ mons' is a very specific criteria and random others showing up (however much we all might want to see them) would simply make no sense in-universe.

I have no words to describe how I excited I am for this episode. I know I should manage my expectations so I don't get disappointed but I just can't manage them.
Seeing Seviper, Carnivine and all those other Pokémon from Team Rocket's prime time as Pokémon trainers is so great.
Let's just hope that their grand attack is not botched by Morpeko. That would be really sad and an unfulfiling end for Team Rocket. I know I shouldn't expect this and that this episode will probably be good, but seeing how Team Rocket have been treated on these MPM episodes makes me apreensive - they really haven't had many good moments as lovely and charming villains, they've been mostly portrayed as villains.
However, seeing how happy they seem around their old Pokémon, and how happy their Pokémon seem - we've never really seen Frillish smile, have we? - gives me hope they will be treated with justice.
Regarding Arbok and Weezing (and Cacnea, Victreebel, Chimecho, Dustox, Lickitung, Growlie, Blissey and the Alola team)... Seeing how much Kanto pandering everything always is, I find it very hard to believe that we will have zero references to their old Pokémon, mainly Arbok and Weezing.
Maybe Team Rocket will have a grand gesture in the end that makes them appear on the TV and we will see their old Pokémon watching them (like the former companions watching Ash vs Leon), maybe they will remember them and then we will see how their old Pokémon are at the moment, just to check that they are happy right now, or maybe we will simply have a flashback or a fantasy with all of them in the background... At least Arbok and Weezing have a great chance of appearing, I would say.

I am also very impatient to see this episode.

I have been searching for leaks or any information for days but of course I find nothing and waiting is torture.
I can't wait to see the preview tomorrow.

I have been waiting for 11 years to find out what happened to the Sinnoh Pokemon of the Team Rocket that didn't have a proper separation because of the drastic change that affected the TRio in BW. I can't wait to see James' Mime Jr again, which should have returned at the same time as Wobbuffet, it was my biggest frustration as an obsessive James fan.

I felt absolutely sick seeing them deposit their beloved Pokemon to the organization without knowing if they were being treated well afterwards.
It was really different from the Pokemon deposited by Ash at Professor Oak's lab; we had no clue whether these Pokemon became the property of the organization or if they still belonged to their trainers.

The separation episodes of Team Rocket with their Pokemon were so emotional before that; I will never forgive the series of bad decisions that were made for the TR starting from BW and that have affected their characters forever.

Their Pokemon of XY (Inkay and Gourgeist) deserved a better separation too. However, I don't care about their Pokemon of BW that had no personality. I would prefer to forget that period entirely.

I am really scared because one 20-minute episode to conclude the story of the Team Rocket is not enough and their role was more than mediocre in the MPM episodes… it’s just some usual fillers role…

I am very afraid that the episode « Team Rocket counter attack » will be a rushed and poorly written episode like the one of JN in which Butch and Cassidy reappeared or a simple fight episode to simply make Satoshi shine even more without any care for the Team Rocket characters…

The current staff of JN doesn't seem to care about the TR or appreciate these characters for their true value.

I am almost certain that they will not have the exit they deserve, but it will be better than what they would have had in BW and that is a slight consolation…

Last edited:
Team Rocket Gacha haters when it returns to return TR's old pokémon to them:

"We treated you harshly."

My old friends :bulbaLove::cry: That shot of Musashi surrounded by her mons is just pure love omg.
I'm loving Manene doing some fake tears for Satoshi and Pikachu having none of it haha.
I need to see this preview again omg hurry up and get uploaded!!!!!!

Team Rocket Gacha haters when it returns to return TR's old pokémon to them:

"We treated you harshly."

Errrrrr, are these not being delivered to them by Delibird according to the summary?...

Best outcome here is Jessie and James realise they love their Pokémon and that’s all they need, so they take them all back to settle down with Bewear and the others - then we see a montage of them finding their other old Pokémon to bring back to Alola (except Lickitung because it’s happier where it is)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom