• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN145: Rocket-dan Strikes Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like it could be closure for the TRio which if it is let's hope it is executed well because for the most part they really have not been good in JN. And this also means we have just two episodes left after this which they'll most likely be for Ash and Pikachu and may also explain why Latias has been following them.

Man, we really close to the end already.

Staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 上野史博 (Fumihiro Ueno)
Animation Director 篠原隆 (Takashi Shinohara)

Aaaahhhh it’s too much of a pipe dream to hope this is a two-parter…right?

I’m glad they’re actually getting a focus episode, was starting to worry that wouldn’t happen.

Does this mean they won’t be in the final two episodes? Or will this be their last big hurrah but they’ll still pop up again?

Aaahhhh I’m not ready!

Given how most of the specials have been mostly fun adventures with Ash, Misty and Brock, I don't know if I'd expect any closure for Team Rocket. I could easily see them continue to chase after Ash and Pikachu forever. It would be cool if we got to see any of their older Pokemon like we have for Ash's Pokemon though.

Surprised by how casual Team Rocket's goodbye seems to be. Back in the day I would have guessed that their last episode would be something emotional or dramatic like them realizing just how evil Giovanni can be or adressing Miyamoto's tragic fate. TR focused episodes used to be some of the most emotional episodes but personally I haven't felt emotional about TR since SM.

I wonder what they will do with Jessie if TR disbands. I think James could always return home since he kind of resolved his conflict with his family already and Meowth could probably work at a restaurant or something. I suppose Jessie could always chase after her dream of becoming a contest star or find love (either with James or a random guy) but that would require some build-up.

Another possibility is that they return to Alola and reunite with Bewear and maybe settle down there. I think that would be a cute and wholesome ending. I would love to see a reunion with Blissey but I doubt that will happen. Or Arbok and Weezing, because at least they appeal to the Genwunner nostalgia?

Even if TR doesn't continue to 2023, this episode is very unlikely to be a closure episode.

Just like Ash, they will always be "adventuring".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom