• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN145: Rocket-dan Strikes Back!

At first I didn't like that Latias intervened but then I realized: The plan started faltering when Kojiro fired the net at the wrong time (he went with Nyarth's cue, with Musashi's cue immediately after being too late). It seems so petty to argue about whose timing was off and I love it. While the Latias plotline took up airtime, and she threw the Rockets away, really they're argue with each other over the initial mess up. It may be repetitive to some but I like to see where this goes.

It's very nice that despite it all, Morpeko continues to be a complete waste of screentime. Why were people so adamant that James needed to catch it again?
Because James is the best pokemon trainer who actually gives a flying fig about his pokemon

The problem is that Morpeko is a sadistic abusive little slime who refuses to change, so catching it is a waste of time for all involved

Ironically, it's completely OOC here, or maybe its PM19 appearance was OOC and this is what morpeko are supposed to be like, as seen with Mary's...

...it's just another problem with the series' execution in general (MPM is ironically a better journey than the past 3 years, which is extremely disappointing)

Ironically, it's completely OOC here, or maybe its PM19 appearance was OOC and this is what morpeko are supposed to be like, as seen with Mary's...
I think they overdid the hangry mode gag during the run of Journeys. It was treated like that was Morpeko's only possible form. Instead, using that form when it is actually convenient, and other times having it enjoy its time being with James (with a Chimeco/Mime Jr vibe) would have been much better.

It's very nice that despite it all, Morpeko continues to be a complete waste of screentime. Why were people so adamant that James needed to catch it again?
Probably because people assumed that Morpeko becoming an official member of the trio's team would lead to more Full Belly Mode screentime (and more character development in general). Which unfortunately didn't happen, but it's understandable why some people were hyped when the possibility arose.

Plus, keep in mind that we were 70 episodes into the series without any new captures for the Rocket trio at that point, so the possibility of one finally happening probably felt like a godsend for some people too. Regardless of how the new capture was treated after that.

Something I find rather interesting is that when Latias used Sight Sharing she did it herself. I say this is interesting because in Heroes basically everytime Sight Sharing was used both Latios and Latias used it. Basically, Latios would show Latias what he was seeing and then Latias would show it to Ash and the others. This time though, Latias did it all on her own. After watching the movie I always assumed both of them needed to be involved.

Why were people so adamant that James needed to catch it again?
People always wants James to catch pokémon that could abuse him since I join this forum. That's why Cramorant was a popular candidate for him because it could swallow his head or something. I still have no idea why that's a thing.

People always wants James to catch pokémon that could abuse him since I join this forum. That's why Cramorant was a popular candidate for him because it could swallow his head or something. I still have no idea why that's a thing.
it's probably because he has a running gag with the pokemon who abuse him since Victreebel (carnivine, cacnea, mareanie etc)

Attachments

• A36C687E-7B9E-4BD1-99CA-CA294D965B18.gif
    A36C687E-7B9E-4BD1-99CA-CA294D965B18.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • 1CF21392-2ACD-4B54-B801-DF56B1AAEDC3.gif
    1CF21392-2ACD-4B54-B801-DF56B1AAEDC3.gif
    852.3 KB · Views: 17
  • C2EECB33-83B6-4226-AF08-66DCE8EFBA09.gif
    C2EECB33-83B6-4226-AF08-66DCE8EFBA09.gif
    536.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 7DA998C8-1C5A-41B8-B35E-4A12D02CF4F9.gif
    7DA998C8-1C5A-41B8-B35E-4A12D02CF4F9.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
My guess is they wanted to make it interesting when they will gang up back for a dif cause, not chasing Pikachu

I wish we never see TR after this episode. At least this was a memorable ending.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom