• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN146: Satoshi and Latios!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary:
Adamant said:
Latias once again appears before Satoshi and Pikachu, using its "Dream Projection" to show them Latios being attacked by Pokémon Hunters!

Seems like this episode will bring closure to the whole Latias mini-plot and why it's been following Ash and Pikachu.

Also looks to be an Iwane episode from the screenshot. His last one with Ash and Pikachu as leads.

:cry:

Now this is embarrassing. All this time I had the mindset that they'd chosen Latias for the final arc as an "obvious" counterpart to Lugia for mainline Journeys. Guess I dissociated so hard it never dawned on me that Latias is the counterpart to Latios, not Lugia. I'm lucky I never brought it up or I would've looked like a total doofus.

Now this is embarrassing. All this time I had the mindset that they'd chosen Latias for the final arc as an "obvious" counterpart to Lugia for mainline Journeys. Guess I dissociated so hard it never dawned on me that Latias is the counterpart to Latios, not Lugia. I'm lucky I never brought it up or I would've looked like a total doofus.
And Lugia's obvious counterpart will appear in the last episode.

Six episodes of not me caring about Latias...and now they want me to care about Latios? And with the overused "Legendary is being hunted" plot? Well, at least this boring plot will not take time off from the finale.

I searched for this "Dream Projection" thing Latias apparently had and it's the "Sight Sharing" from Movie 05. So, this Latias has same powers as the movie one.

Ash please catch Latias here. Surely it pays off if they’ve been teasing this the whole series
If wont join him for the next epiaode it would be lame. Presenting Ho Oh might take down the effect though.

Existence of a Latios (brother or not) shoots down the possibility of a capture, unless he capture both of them, which seems very unlikely to me.

1677786589989.png

Existence of a Latios (brother or not) shoots down the possibility of a capture, unless he capture both of them, which seems very unlikely to me.
I agree, but it opens a greater door

One small thing I want to point out is that the title of this episode is actually "Satoshi and Latios" (サトシとラティオス!) rather than "Satoshi and Latias".
Not that it's that big of a difference exactly, but it could be important in the context of the episode.

Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

Latias once again appears before Satoshi and Pikachu, using its "Dream Projection" to show them Latios being attacked by Pokémon Hunters! The group set off together with Latias in order to rescue Latios. Will they succeed?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Mayumi Iizuka: Kasumi
Yuji Ueda: Takeshi
Kenyu Horiuchi: Professor Okido
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth

I've understood the name of this episode is really Satoshi and Latios (not Latias).

As the real title implies, Latios seems to have more relevance in this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom