• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN146: Satoshi and Latios!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don’t exactly see Ash catching either Latios or Latias. Considering the bond they have, Ash probably wouldn’t want to separate them…and, I certainly do not expect Ash to catch both. Now, there’s still the chance of it happening, but…

In the case that Ash doesn’t, it’s nice to see the show cap off in such Journey-esque fashion; spending almost three months establishing a nice connection between Ash and Latias, all for it to be the grand prize of another “hunter meets hero” episode. Fantastic arc to send Ash off.
It’s like, the episodes in this short series have been enjoyable, not because of nostalgia alone, but thanks to the writers actually bothering to implement characters in a smart way. Yet, similar to Journeys, I’m just left asking - what’s the point? It’s not the first time the show has recently taken a liking to establishing things, and doing absolutely nothing with it.

Dawn’s return, Koharu’s story (I still cannot believe that was her actual ending), [insert random cameo of the week, like Drake], Serena barley managed to qualify as somewhat useful, Drizzile’s storyline, Raboot’s storyline, the entire existence of Grookey, Goh’s insecurity storyline, this part with Latias…what did these add to the show? Why did half of them go nowhere?

All hype about Ash catching the Mythical Pokemon of this. Go into the pile of trash and never heard again after this episode.

All hype about Ash catching the Mythical Pokemon of this. Go into the pile of trash and never heard again after this episode.
I feel like this is a case of where fans hyped themselves more so than the show itself did. Latias has been watching Ash from afar in every episode from what I've heard, but that wasn't necessarily building up hype for Latias to be captured. I can understand why people would come to that conclusion and being disappointed that it was leading to another Pokemon Hunter kind of episode is understandable too, but I think people got a bit too carried away about the thought of Ash catching a Legendary Pokemon before being replaced.

I feel like this is a case of where fans hyped themselves more so than the show itself did. Latias has been watching Ash from afar in every episode from what I've heard, but that wasn't necessarily building up hype for Latias to be captured. I can understand why people would come to that conclusion and being disappointed that it was leading to another Pokemon Hunter kind of episode is understandable too, but I think people got a bit too carried away about the thought of Ash catching a Legendary Pokemon before being replaced.
I'll know right. But, Latias could just ask for help in the first place. Instead of observing Ash till almost to Finale. But what done is done. Terrible writing script.

Ash has caught a legendary, Both Nagandel and Melmetal.
Sorry to be so nitpicky but the reason why we want Ash to catch Latias is that Latias is his first permanent legendary Pokémon. (That’s why I would want it that way and I think that’s the logical reason)

Melmetal is a “Mythical” Pokémon, not a legendary. I wouldn’t consider Meltmetal to be a Pokémon that only partners up with people who it sees to be the chosen one. So, we want to see Ash truly being the chosen one by catching a legendary Pokémon.

Sorry to be so nitpicky but the reason why we want Ash to catch Latias is that Latias is his first permanent legendary Pokémon. (That’s why I would want it that way and I think that’s the logical reason)

Melmetal is a “Mythical” Pokémon, not a legendary. I wouldn’t consider Meltmetal to be a Pokémon that only partners up with people who it sees to be the chosen one. So, we want to see Ash truly being the chosen one by catching a legendary Pokémon.
Is there really much of a difference between a Mythical Pokemon and a Legendary Pokemon? I still refer to Mythical Pokemon as Legendary Pokemon since they're just extra special Legendary Pokemon as far as I can tell. Wanting Ash to get his first permanent Legendary Pokemon and be the chosen one seems a bit much to me. He's already a World Champion. Does he need to be even more extra special by getting a Legendary Pokemon that we may not actually see him use for who knows how long after the mini series wraps up? Not to mention there isn't really much about Legendary Pokemon only being caught by people who they see as the chosen one in the anime. They can be caught by anyone strong enough to catch them just like any other Pokemon.

Remember the Nurse Joy in the Pokémon special episode where she's using her Latias to battle Brock's little brother in the gym? I mean she's a Nurse Joy and she still has Latias as her own legendary Pokémon. I get Ash won't be able to have Latias as his own legendary Pokémon but won't it be cool though?

I'll know right. But, Latias could just ask for help in the first place. Instead of observing Ash till almost to Finale. But what done is done. Terrible writing script.
Well, Latias is still not trusting humans yet at the end so she still needs to observe more of Ash's action to see if he is the one Latias would want to ask for help on rescuing Latios.

Is there really much of a difference between a Mythical Pokemon and a Legendary Pokemon? I still refer to Mythical Pokemon as Legendary Pokemon since they're just extra special Legendary Pokemon as far as I can tell. Wanting Ash to get his first permanent Legendary Pokemon and be the chosen one seems a bit much to me. He's already a World Champion. Does he need to be even more extra special by getting a Legendary Pokemon that we may not actually see him use for who knows how long after the mini series wraps up? Not to mention there isn't really much about Legendary Pokemon only being caught by people who they see as the chosen one in the anime. They can be caught by anyone strong enough to catch them just like any other Pokemon.
Whoops, Thought that Latias and Latinos are Mythical. They are legendery duo. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom