• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN147: The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

When Satoshi and Pikachu return to Masara Town and reunite with Shigeru, he asks Satoshi the following question: "How much closer to becoming a Pokémon Master are you, now that you've become a Champion?" Becoming a Pokémon Master has been the dream Satoshi has been gunning for ever since he first set off on his jounrye with Pikachu. Will Satoshi be able to find the answer to this question?!

Honestly, I'm surprised that even Ash doesn't seem to know what a Pokemon Master is.

I mean, I knew the Pokemon Master title was a mistery for everyone else, but I really expected Ash to know.

Last edited:

Seeing the image of a rainbow brought the ending to The Muppet Movie in my mind (my parents are huge Henson fans). However, in spite of the next series having different protagonists, I doubt this would be the end of Ash's journey in general. I expect the usual finale in the anime with Ash and Pikachu leaving for another region (and Team Rocket following them) as a failsafe should the SV series be unpopular and/or controversial. In fact, there's rumors about on Facebook suggesting we haven't seen the last of Ash, Pikachu, and Team Rocket.

Satogou canon

In all seriousness, I REALLY don't care about Ho-Oh. And judging by the summary this episode seems to be what they marketed the whole miniseries as so, yeah.

Sounds like it's going to be an introspective Ash-centric story, similar to the Best Wishes finale. I think it's an appropiate approach.
Before that first Mezase Pokémon Master trailer, I wouldn't have expected Gary to be this relevant for the finale, but I'm down for it.

Seems like Misty and Brock, much like the other companions, won't have a very big closure despite their inclusion on this arc. But I blame it on the whole Journeys structure, not something this episode itself should've had included.

So, this is it, huh? And here I thought I'd be ready by now.

The fact that it's all going to come full circle for the finale is very fitting. You'll never really find the end of a rainbow, after all.

On the other hand, to have to say goodbye to both our hero and his very first rival at the same time... ow my heart :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom