• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN147: The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The three OS releases are a funny case, honestly. Butterfree didn’t do much and was absent for a good amount of episodes prior to his departure, but Ash’s first capture, evolution and release would have made an impact even if the scene itself wasn’t as good as it was. Lapras, on the other hand, was always present and actively contributed to the OI saga’s progression, plus got a satisfying ending for its journey.

Pidgeot’s capture was an afterthought in the episode, it barely did anything noteworthy in almost 80 episodes beyond evolving and getting released and its release opened an awkward cliffhanger that never got resolved. I would be all for it coming back, but doing so in the very last episode of the show is… kinda anticlimactic, as Pidgeot would be no more memorable than Unfezant if it wasn’t in the OG team.

Pidgeot is seen through the most rose-tinted glasses possible by people who watched OS as a kid. Pidgeot does absolutely nothing during its time in the show other than get like, one win against Giovanni's Rhydon, which was being commanded by Jessie so it isn't even as impressive. Then it evolves and is never seen again. Some people really act like Pidgeot was an integral, iconic member of the cast when the only focus episode it ever had was to kick it off the show.

That being said, I will be happy to see Pidgeot again nonetheless. It has been long overdue for a reappearance and it would be sort of egregious to skip it in Ash's final series when we've had so many other returns. I don't particularly understand why Pidgeot would get more focus on its return than Butterfree, which got like a 3 second clip at most.

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised that Misty's Togetic didn't make a reappearance in MPM. I know the main focus is Ash, but it is a little weird that it was basically the second mascot of the show for a time and it hasn't appeared since it was released. I expected it to return, perhaps as a Togekiss, but alas.

In non-spoiler talk, only 24 hours left... It doesn't really feel real that this is the last full day with Ash as our MC. Honestly, the wait between this ending and the start of the new series is gonna be rough, because we are truly in the unknown. We don't know that much about the new series and how its all gonna unfold, which is exciting, but nerve-wracking, and all we can do is wait and see.

This will also be the first time I actively watch from the very first episode!

Last edited:
I’m not opening any of the spoilers in case they’re true, but I will say that person on Twitter has a pretty shoddy track record. They said the Rocket trio was not in the last episode but was in the preview for this episode, and conveniently deleted that tweet after the episode aired. They also posted pictures of Matori and co for the 9th episode before we had a summary and deleted it as soon as we got one.

I’m not saying they’re definitely wrong (and I haven’t looked at any of the spoiler tagged “proof” so maybe some of that is more reputable) but I’d take anything they say with a grain of salt

I just wanted Primeape to come back and maybe even evolve into Annihilape to give a nice transition to Paldea. But that was optimistic to the point of foolishness.

I just wanted Primeape to come back and maybe even evolve into Annihilape to give a nice transition to Paldea. But that was optimistic to the point of foolishness.
I kind of like the idea of Ash getting an Annihilape too, if only because giving him one Paldea Pokemon before being replaced sounded cool. I desperately wanted him to get a Fuecoco before the news about the new series came out too. It was a long shot, but I can't blame people for thinking that when giving him at least a meeting with Primeape for more original series nostalgia sounded plausible.

Just came to say I want time to stop right now. I'm not ready to say goodbye to Ash and the others as characters in the anime. It even didn't have to be main characters. I would have liked for Ash to gradually leave the anime, but not like this. From one moment to another just being gone. I still hope we'll see him again in some form in the future. But this Ash, not an alternative universe version of him.

No such thing as foolish optimism in my book, my friend. The world could always use more optimism. That being said, I'm just sad that it looks like Primeape might end up being the only one of Ash's Pokemon he parted ways with to never reunite with him. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom