• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN147: The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The title certainly references Ho-Oh and the final scene of EP001, but it sounds so...boring for what is literally THE END of the anime as we know it. They should have used the "Pokemon. I'm glad I got to meet you" one.

My only hope is that Ash, Misty and Brock all get unambiguous destinies, no more of this "they just went somewhere to fullfill their dreams" stuff.

The title certainly references Ho-Oh and the final scene of EP001, but it sounds so...boring for what is literally THE END of the anime as we know it. They should have used the "Pokemon. I'm glad I got to meet you" one.

My only hope is that Ash, Misty and Brock all get unambiguous destinies, no more of this "they just went somewhere to fullfill their dreams" stuff.
Nah mate, the title is cool.

Can’t believe we’re actually here. This series blazed past me lol

Ash and Gary. Most iconic rivalry in the franchise. He was the first person he met back in ep 1, now he’s gonna be there when it ends. How poetic

The title implies that Satoshi is the Pokémon Master now.

Gary and Oh ho are def a good way to close the Gen 1 noatlagia here. I think they were always that important on the background of Ash's whole story. In Jns from the very start I wanted Ash to get on his Arsenal Ho oh to help him win m8 (no mater if catched by a pokeball). So I would love to see what is there to conclude more than whatever ens Jns had.

lol @ people thinking the Pokemon that Yuyama was talking about was Gekkouga instead of Houou

I'm curious if Kasumi and Takeshi will be in this. It makes sense they wouldn't get a sendoff episode since they havent really had a story this series and have really just been here as set dressing (fun set dressing! But still set dressing). I'm sure there will be a scene with them parting ways again, but I'm not sure if it will be this episode or the previous one. I've also said I'm convinced JN145 won't be the last of the Rocket trio so I imagine they'll show up here. This show has proven time and time again that when it's just Satoshi and Pikachu it's not very interesting, so give us something!

My only hopes for this episode are it feels like a finale despite what type of ending it gives the characters, and we hear A Meeting and Parting one last time. I'd also love to see each of Satoshi's friends one last time- probably not in-person but hopefully something. Maybe something like the XY finale where all of the major characters got a brief segment showing what they're up to?

For some reason I am feeling doubtful they’ll even include a montage of all of his past friend though I have my fingers crossed they will
As seen in the opening and that moon montage scene, mixing up old and new art style together feels rather off imo. Not only the colorization and art style are drastically different, but also the pixel quality is noticeably different. If such montage is ever in question, I just hope that they adapt the current art style with redrawn flashback shots, even though it may not be the best art style we’ve ever gotten.

If there is gonna be a montage, I want it to be about Ash's friends doing new things, such as Dawn's becoming Top Coordinator, or Goh meeting Mew.

I haven't watched, but outside of Cilan and Ash's Pokemon, has this arc made any callbacks/references to anything other than OS?

Last edited:
Staff list courtesy of DomiDsLP at Bulbapedia

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 中田誠 (Makoto Nakata)
Animation Director 柳原好貴 (Yoshitaka Yanagihara)
Animation Director 倉員千晶 (Chiaki Kurakazu)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom