• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN147: The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna lie I'd be a bit on the peeved side if they have Ash randomly facing Gary just to lose again. There's just no point with this being the last episode and we KNOW Ash is just gonna continue his journey off screen so it wouldn't achieve anything.

I imagine a lot of this episode will be Ash and Pikachu on their own with Ash pondering the question Gary has asked with some nice interaction between them and a Ho-Oh visit alongside maybe one final visit to Oak's Lab as a a last hurrah for basically all of Ash's other mons.

Honestly I suspect they'll have Gary beat Ash again to justify him continuing an off-screen journey.
That can be a justification but that would be just wrong. Ash could just say that he wants to explore more and give a “speech” about it.

I am reminded of that 2008 interview, where it was stated the show ends if the goal of Pokemon Master is achieved. Foreshadowing in a way. I can really see something like, he was a Pokemon Master long ago, only now realizes it, especially with how he cares for Pokemon and is attuned to their needs. It would feel a bit cheap but I would be okay with that conclusion.

What if he battled Shigeru here and... won? :lapras: (I'm thinking a total OHKO wipeout of his top 6 mons by Pikachu without breaking a sweat.) That would tbf justify ending the anime because then what else is left...

I think any kind of action would be nice at this point regardless if it is cameos from older characters (other than Gary of course) or a final battle. I pray that they won't repeat the boring filler episode when Ash and Pikachu stare at the moon for a long time and have flashbacks.

So with today's episode ending on the obvious cliffhanger of the Rocket trio disbanding, it's clear they will appear in this episode to conclude their story. Which makes sense, because as others have pointed out Satoshi really cannot carry an episode on his own. I really hope they have one or two scenes in the previous episode to show what they're up to after going solo, and hopefully they get a decent amount of time in this episode.

My hope is they leave Team Rocket and live their best lives. I think it would be really nice if they appeared in front of Satoshi and performed the motto, except this time instead of taking off their disguise-of-the-day to reveal their Rocket uniforms, they take off their Rocket uniforms to reveal their new street clothes. Then they basically tell him they're done chasing him (in their own over-dramatic way, of course) and leave in one last big dazzling display.

I'm also still counting on a big montage at the end showing at least all of the main characters- if it's all silent cameos it should be pretty doable.

So with today's episode ending on the obvious cliffhanger of the Rocket trio disbanding, it's clear they will appear in this episode to conclude their story. Which makes sense, because as others have pointed out Satoshi really cannot carry an episode on his own. I really hope they have one or two scenes in the previous episode to show what they're up to after going solo, and hopefully they get a decent amount of time in this episode.

My hope is they leave Team Rocket and live their best lives. I think it would be really nice if they appeared in front of Satoshi and performed the motto, except this time instead of taking off their disguise-of-the-day to reveal their Rocket uniforms, they take off their Rocket uniforms to reveal their new street clothes. Then they basically tell him they're done chasing him (in their own over-dramatic way, of course) and leave in one last big dazzling display.

I'm also still counting on a big montage at the end showing at least all of the main characters- if it's all silent cameos it should be pretty doable.
Would love it if they finally realized if you can't beat them join them. And they go off with ash Into the sunset together.

Do you think the final ending credits montage will list every voice actor that worked on the series?

Do you think the final ending credits montage will list every voice actor that worked on the series?
I think it’s unlikely they’ll do it in the credits but maybe they’ll do it separately and put it on the YouTube Channel.

If they do something like that in the episode, they’d probably keep it to the companions.

(Also I’d just like to say that you posted the same message twice, I’m not sure if you know or not)

Would love it if they finally realized if you can't beat them join them. And they go off with ash Into the sunset together.
That would be the best ending, The TRio are already kind of friendly towards our protagonist when they aren't trying to steal other Pokémon, so maybe they could finally become friends for real!

Was kinda hoping for Yajima honestly because of, well, y'know, Amour.
Yajima, who admitted to forgetting PROFESSOR OAK during XY?

*The interviewer notes that Okido didn't appear at all outside of episode 3, and that Okido's lecture segment getting replaced with PokeTV when XY&Z started meant that Okido didn't appear at all throughout all of XY&Z (the interview was conducted before XY&Z47 had aired) and asks if there was a reason for this. Yajima confirms this was a complete oversight, not something intentional. Presumably this goes for other callbacks to older series as well.

Oak and Delia were thrown in the XY finale probably as an apology. I wouldn't want someone so disconnected from continuity to be in charge of the FINALE.

I agree and disagree. I think it’s fine that he was disconnected from continuity to make new things. Though, if you accidentally forget, that’s not good. It’s only good if you do it on purpose

The last episode of Ash’s journey has to reflect on the entirety of Ash’s long journey. A guy who accidentally forgets about important characters is not good for an ending.

Though, I’d say that a good writer might reference amourshipping because it reflects on ash’s journey and a memorable (whether good or bad) moment in anipoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom